May 5, 2021
this game is actually incredibly fun, the only thing i wish could be done is for some of the potions to persist. like after the skimpy witch dress or any of the polyjuice potions. I realize this is all hand drawn, which is incredible btw, so it would probably take a lot of time creating alternative 'skins' for each of the other animations but i think it would add a lot if you could change the look of the character as you go on.
Right? like if you changed to ginny and did like the bimbo transformation, or the futa one, that would be so neat, ooh ooh or even doing the tentacle one with ginny, as if the spell was done as intended.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
this game is actually incredibly fun, the only thing i wish could be done is for some of the potions to persist. like after the skimpy witch dress or any of the polyjuice potions. I realize this is all hand drawn, which is incredible btw, so it would probably take a lot of time creating alternative 'skins' for each of the other animations but i think it would add a lot if you could change the look of the character as you go on.
a few posts ago dev explained why it's unlikely to happen, in short because all animations are done manually

Reactions: PinkFuton

DabReg

Dec 9, 2019
Yo, so long since I found such a quality craft. There's so many unfinished, half-baked game. But this is not one of them. I can see it being a bit short, but the amount of work, art, and overall quality it just amazing. If only this kind of passion work for the other dev as well. Great props to you Mr/Mrs. Futon

• Red Heart

Colt Zero

Mar 8, 2019
I'd love for you to mod the game! The only thing I'd warn you about is that because I'm not familiar with unity game modding, I may break your mod accidentally every update.

I was planning on adding a horse variant for the futa potion at some point anyway, so don't worry about me not approving.
It's nice to know that you're alright with it, I'm actually still working on it because I decided to do even more. I've done a total of 5 product animations, now I just have to handle the ingredient animations and at least one book. I still have to write some text for the products, and the
book text when I get to that.

I actually do have one more product animation in mind, but I'm honestly not really much of an artist, the 5 animations I've done so far have been fairly simple by comparison to what I have in mind for the last one. The basic idea being that my mod pretty much deals with a lot of cum (typical, I know) and I was thinking that a cum based potion would make sense. So my thought is for the potion to make a cum slime creature clone of Hermione. The exact animation I have in mind is for the cum clone to engage in a sudden and messy makeout session with Hermione, and Hermione winds up slipping into a backwards pratfall, bringing the cum clone down with her, the landing being hidden behind the desk but indicated to the player with a *Splash* onomatopoeia text that rises up from the impact. Hermione getting up a moment later, covered in cum.
The chances of me actually being able to make such an animation are very low, and I wouldn't count on me actually following through on that idea, but it's what I have in mind. So I'm putting it out there.

Anyway, this is what the last frame of my new facial animation looks like. The horse penis color isn't really that great, so I will be editing that, possibly going to make multiple color/texture variations of it.

1627724005778.png
Oh and I'm actually doing all this on Linux. I'm running the game via Litrus and Wine (allows you to run Windows programs on Linux). And then I'm also using a mixture of tools for modding the game. I'm using UTiny to extract assets from the game, then using those assets in a small Unity project that acts as a basic foundation for editing the game's assets and packing them into Asset Bundles. Then I am running Dnspy on a Windows 10 Virtual Machine to edit the C# Assembly, allowing me to modify the code and have it load in my custom Asset Bundles, which I use by Instantiating duplicates of certain Gameobjects to use as Templates for my own stuff, and I set them up with AnimationOverride Controllers to assign them new animation clips.

Last edited:

azer84870

Jul 26, 2019
It's nice to know that you're alright with it, I'm actually still working on it because I decided to do even more. I've done a total of 5 product animations, now I just have to handle the ingredient animations and at least one book. I still have to write some text for the products, and the
book text when I get to that.

I actually do have one more product animation in mind, but I'm honestly not really much of an artist, the 5 animations I've done so far have been fairly simple by comparison to what I have in mind for the last one. The basic idea being that my mod pretty much deals with a lot of cum (typical, I know) and I was thinking that a cum based potion would make sense. So my thought is for the potion to make a cum slime creature clone of Hermione. The exact animation I have in mind is for the cum clone to engage in a sudden and messy makeout session with Hermione, and Hermione winds up slipping into a backwards pratfall, bringing the cum clone down with her, the landing being hidden behind the desk but indicated to the player with a *Splash* onomatopoeia text that rises up from the impact. Hermione getting up a moment later, covered in cum.
The chances of me actually being able to make such an animation are very low, and I wouldn't count on me actually following through on that idea, but it's what I have in mind. So I'm putting it out there.

Anyway, this is what the last frame of my new facial animation looks like. The horse penis color isn't really that great, so I will be editing that, possibly going to make multiple color/texture variations of it.

View attachment 1327413
Oh and I'm actually doing all this on Linux. I'm running the game via Litrus and Wine (allows you to run Windows programs on Linux). And then I'm also using a mixture of tools for modding the game. I'm using UTiny to extract assets from the game, then using those assets in a small Unity project that acts as a basic foundation for editing the game's assets and packing them into Asset Bundles. Then I am running Dnspy on a Windows 10 Virtual Machine to edit the C# Assembly, allowing me to modify the code and have it load in my custom Asset Bundles, which I use by Instantiating duplicates of certain Gameobjects to use as Templates for my own stuff, and I set them up with AnimationOverride Controllers to assign them new animation clips.
do you have any plans of release it when you finished it

Colt Zero

Mar 8, 2019
do you have any plans of release it when you finished it
Yeah, I don't think I'd be making this if I didn't intend to share it. So yes... I will release it.
I've made mods for some other games on F95 as well, pretty much all my posts on this forum are modding related.

Side note, I also know how to mod Gamecube, PS2, and PS1 games, though I haven't made any nsfw mods for console games.

Last edited:

boiisay

Jan 27, 2018
So the talk about modding kinda got me thinking, the game Dev said they probably wont be adding in persistent transformations, i figured id add them myself lol!

Right? like if you changed to ginny and did like the bimbo transformation, or the futa one, that would be so neat, ooh ooh or even doing the tentacle one with ginny, as if the spell was done as intended.
so eat your heart out because thats exactly what i wanted too.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I also added in the failed cauldron effects, the Ahegao, flying cumshot, masurbation, and expansion effects. But i was only able to replace the existing textures, not create anything new, so right from the start of the game you will be Ginny and any effects i didn't add will revert back to Hermione, for example i haven't created one for the bimbo potion.

To install this mod download the attached sharedassets0.zip, extract and replace it with the one under \gameroot\The Potion Room_Data

And if anyone wants to try their hand at modding in their own textures download the UABE tool

Use it to open the resources.assets file in the game data file (same place you replaced the other assets file at) a window will pop up saying it doesnt recognize the version, just scroll to the bottom and select the last 2019build, and then you should see a list of all the assets in the game. I filter by name first, then filter by type to find the Texture2D files. once you select a file you want to click the plugins button on the side if you want to export the file, or if you want to replace it.

Replacing is super easy, once you click plugins, just hit the edit button and in the window that pops up click "load" at the bottom, then add the edited sprite you want. After that just click ok and from there you can file>save the new assets file right to your data folder. (make a backup of sharedassets0.assets first as you cant write to the same file you have opened)

honestly the UABE tool kinda sucks for extracting so i used the Unity Asset Studio as its much easier for finding and extracting the sprites you want to edit.

Also since this will obviously break on the next update i will attach a zip with the sprites that i edited so they should theoretically be able to be added to any future version so long and the Dev doesn't rename them or change them in any way.

[EDIT 07Aug2021:] Updated mod for v0.30. I've fixed a few very small issues i had with the sprites being inconsistent between scenes and also added two of the new scenes. Death Eater BJ and the Floo scene. Remember to install the mod just extract the assets file from the zip and replace it over the one in the data folder.
The mod Ginny Assets.zip file are just the raw sprites if anyone would like to do anything with them, or if i stop updating you can use them to patch a future version yourself.

Last edited:

Colt Zero

Mar 8, 2019
So the talk about modding kinda got me thinking, the game Dev said they probably wont be adding in persistent transformations, i figured id add them myself lol!

I also added in the failed cauldron effects, the Ahegao, flying cumshot, masurbation, and expansion effects. But i was only able to replace the existing textures, not create anything new, so right from the start of the game you will be Ginny and any effects i didn't add will revert back to Hermione, for example i haven't created one for the bimbo potion.

To install this mod download the attached sharedassets0.zip, extract and replace it with the one under \gameroot\The Potion Room_Data

And if anyone wants to try their hand at modding in their own textures download the UABE tool

Use it to open the resources.assets file in the game data file (same place you replaced the other assets file at) a window will pop up saying it doesnt recognize the version, just scroll to the bottom and select the last 2019build, and then you should see a list of all the assets in the game. I filter by name first, then filter by type to find the Texture2D files. once you select a file you want to click the plugins button on the side if you want to export the file, or if you want to replace it.

Replacing is super easy, once you click plugins, just hit the edit button and in the window that pops up click "load" at the bottom, then add the edited sprite you want. After that just click ok and from there you can file>save the new assets file right to your data folder. (make a backup of sharedassets0.assets first as you cant write to the same file you have opened)

honestly the UABE tool kinda sucks for extracting so i used the Unity Asset Studio as its much easier for finding and extracting the sprites you want to edit.

Also since this will obviously break on the next update i will attach a zip with the sprites that i edited so they should theoretically be able to be added to any future version so long and the Dev doesn't rename them or change them in any way.
Hot damn... Wasn't expecting someone else to pickup modding the game like that. Nice work!
And you did it all with SharedAssets0 eh? My approach is different, using a mixture of making my own asset bundles with Unity itself (same version the game was made in) and editing the C# code to load in the assets from the bundles and control how they get used.

Currently working on some persistent transformation stuff myself.
The difference with my approach is that it won't just be a replacement
of the OG assets and instead an actual change that happens while playing.

I still haven't technically implemented persistent transformation stuff into game yet, still working on the animations, but it should be fairly similar to how I'm replacing the animation clips already. I'm just thinking that instead of adding new objects to store the player animations like I did with the product ones, I will instead store multiple player animation controllers, and swap between them.

Last edited:

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
You all have been busy :D This shit genuinely means so much to me, I never imagined anyone would bother to mod the game with actual content. I'll check them out and reply soon.

But firstly:

The Potion Room v0.30

Mr.Man735

Dec 27, 2020
Thanks for the update PinkFuton really love your game :D when the game is completed are you gonna continue making pixel games in the future?.

• Red Heart

NinjaPK

Mar 31, 2018
Bubble potion now reveals the text as well which it then covers up when you go into the reading bit

Malcowitz

Feb 14, 2018
Tbh, the multipage was something I hoped meant MORE TEXT, not just it split up: the stories are too brief! I want to read about Bimbo Hermione fucked, or Hermy Herm fuck someone (Ginny maybe)

4.60 star(s) 26 Votes