PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
I like the art as a leadup to the text; that's a good way to do it, but I find it sad how the written part seems a bit short? I kept checking for a "next page" button but it just closed it
Thanks. And yes, everyone has been telling me they want more pages to the end text. I will be adding it in the next update!
god damn that's cute
Cheers!
I really enjoy the art style and the game itself. Hope this one will rise to the top of the point and click games, it's awesome. Btw how you made it, like which engine did you use? Hope the game will evolve well and good luck!
Thank you! The game is made in unity. I use aesperite for the art, audacity for sound editing and that's pretty much it.

Reactions: gianlu0
Aug 28, 2018
The last time I played this was a joke.. potions would be made and all you would get is a nice not to read at what is "happening" and no visual change as to what is suppose to happen... I really hope that was just a bug or they have changed it because that was pretty lame. I cant fap to words and letters... not possible.

Reactions: TangleBoi

kortanar

May 6, 2017
Thanks. And yes, everyone has been telling me they want more pages to the end text. I will be adding it in the next update!

Cheers!

Thank you! The game is made in unity. I use aesperite for the art, audacity for sound editing and that's pretty much it.
gotta say, loving the update speed, and the progression, and the game overall, can't wait for more mate, epic work. hoping for more content of the likes of Purity book, and pansy's note(not saying what they are, cause idk how to do spoiler tags lol), but either way, definitely looking forward to more. epic work!

• Red Heart
Reactions: PinkFuton

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
The last time I played this was a joke.. potions would be made and all you would get is a nice not to read at what is "happening" and no visual change as to what is suppose to happen... I really hope that was just a bug or they have changed it because that was pretty lame. I cant fap to words and letters... not possible.
Hey. That definitely seems like a bug. Every time you make a potion you should get a different animation before the reading, are you not seeing any of this?
Otacon what's the la-li-lu-le-lo ?
I have been sworn to silence.
gotta say, loving the update speed, and the progression, and the game overall, can't wait for more mate, epic work. hoping for more content of the likes of Purity book, and pansy's note(not saying what they are, cause idk how to do spoiler tags lol), but either way, definitely looking forward to more. epic work!
Thanks! I'm moving to a 2 week release schedule (it's more accurate to what I can usually get done) and am mostly focusing on more sexually explicit scenes so hopefully you'll be pleased with the new updates.

(The spoiler button is the flag icon in the row of buttons with things like bold and italic)

Aug 28, 2018
Hey. That definitely seems like a bug. Every time you make a potion you should get a different animation before the reading, are you not seeing any of this?

I have been sworn to silence.

Thanks! I'm moving to a 2 week release schedule (it's more accurate to what I can usually get done) and am mostly focusing on more sexually explicit scenes so hopefully you'll be pleased with the new updates.

(The spoiler button is the flag icon in the row of buttons with things like bold and italic)
I have not with the last time I played. I'll play it again in this new update and see if its just me.

Aug 28, 2018
Please let me know how you find it. That's a pretty huge bug if it's still around
It was just me apparently.. did some potions and stuff that I thought was right that wasnt and all I saw was her boobs pop out and her panting and that was it but that was because there was more I wasnt doing. My bad, good game so far keep up the good work!

• Red Heart

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
It was just me apparently.. did some potions and stuff that I thought was right that wasnt and all I saw was her boobs pop out and her panting and that was it but that was because there was more I wasnt doing. My bad, good game so far keep up the good work!
That's a big relief, thanks for taking the time to check.
the mac download just tells me it can't be opened
Are you on Big Sur? Another user had a similar issue on mac and wrote how he solved it: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-potion-room-v0-25-pinkfuton.85100/page-5#post-5980152

BuPa

Aug 21, 2017
So, I'm loving this so far. The look of everything is smooth (movement-wise) and appealing, with the art style itself reminding me of indie games I've loved in the past. The writing's wonderful. The puzzles are mostly simple but fun.

The Devil's Snare puzzle in particular was great. The witch's emphasis on how only parts of the letter were odd made it quite clear that it was purposeful, so I immediately went and started up two strings for the typos – one for what letters should be there, and one for the replacements – and once one of them came out to 'think' I discarded the other and got right into solving it. Took effort to find the seed but I enjoyed the whole little journey, and I found the backstory of that one and how it was getting into the witch's head to be especially hot, to boot.

The only one I was a little dissatisfied by was the bimbo one. When the author mentioned a 'smelly' ingredient, my hopeless trivia-brain immediately leapt to "Ah, Mimbulus Mimbletonia excretes Stinksap!" When cupid-mimble-mimble didn't work I sat there going through all combinations of that before I realized that you probably just meant the sulfur.

As far as actual issues, I've got two textual errors for you.

1. The first is a minor one that's sort of been brought up already, but it's a small matter of consistency at this point: in the bimbo success's text, you close it off with "Heading over", without any sort of em dash to interrupt it like you've tended to put at the end of other story pages. That made it so with that one specifically, I really had to wonder if there was, like, a line that was failing to display for me, or something. I see you plan to add multiple pages, though, so maybe it's moot at this point.

2. The first sentence of the story page for the lesser flight potion has an uncapitalized 'hermione' that didn't get replaced by the custom character name I'd picked.

Really minor stuff, though. You've executed a simple premise beautifully and I can't wait for more.

• Red Heart

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
Can't find the recipe for the tentacles potion, some help?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Or if you just want the answer here's a list of everything Brckeras compiled: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-potion-room-v0-25-pinkfuton.85100/page-13#post-6196979
So, I'm loving this so far. The look of everything is smooth (movement-wise) and appealing, with the art style itself reminding me of indie games I've loved in the past. The writing's wonderful. The puzzles are mostly simple but fun.

The Devil's Snare puzzle in particular was great. The witch's emphasis on how only parts of the letter were odd made it quite clear that it was purposeful, so I immediately went and started up two strings for the typos – one for what letters should be there, and one for the replacements – and once one of them came out to 'think' I discarded the other and got right into solving it. Took effort to find the seed but I enjoyed the whole little journey, and I found the backstory of that one and how it was getting into the witch's head to be especially hot, to boot.

The only one I was a little dissatisfied by was the bimbo one. When the author mentioned a 'smelly' ingredient, my hopeless trivia-brain immediately leapt to "Ah, Mimbulus Mimbletonia excretes Stinksap!" When cupid-mimble-mimble didn't work I sat there going through all combinations of that before I realized that you probably just meant the sulfur.

As far as actual issues, I've got two textual errors for you.

1. The first is a minor one that's sort of been brought up already, but it's a small matter of consistency at this point: in the bimbo success's text, you close it off with "Heading over", without any sort of em dash to interrupt it like you've tended to put at the end of other story pages. That made it so with that one specifically, I really had to wonder if there was, like, a line that was failing to display for me, or something. I see you plan to add multiple pages, though, so maybe it's moot at this point.

2. The first sentence of the story page for the lesser flight potion has an uncapitalized 'hermione' that didn't get replaced by the custom character name I'd picked.

Really minor stuff, though. You've executed a simple premise beautifully and I can't wait for more.
Thank you! Really means a lot. I'm glad you were able to figure out the devils snare puzzle, I'm still half convinced it's too difficult but it seems those who manage to work it out find enjoy the challenge.

You're right about the bimbo one, I'm kicking myself a bit that I didn't think of the stinksap, I completely forgot that what the sap was called in the books. I may change the hint altogether as there isn't anything ingame (yet?) that tells the player that the mimbulus sap is called stinksap. Or maybe add a reference to it in an unrelated book for some added difficulty.

1. Yep, shouldn't be an issue once I get the multiple pages added

2. Thanks, I'll get it sorted

Reactions: BuPa

BuPa

Aug 21, 2017
[…] there isn't anything ingame (yet?) that tells the player that the mimbulus sap is called stinksap. Or maybe add a reference to it in an unrelated book for some added difficulty.
Ah, I actually meant to suggest exactly that, yeah. I think it'd work out pretty well – you might get folks who do the opposite of what I did and assume sulfur, but hopefully they'd try other books' potions and then see the reference before resorting to brute force.

Also, since you've said that you plan to add a good many more ingredients, I'll just note that if you ever get around to Bubotubers and/or their pus, I think that's also supposed to smell pretty badly, haha. Careful of connotative conflicts like that, I guess I'm saying.

Edit:
It might be a bit of an obvious suggestion, but if you're going to be putting something like Stinksap info into a book, then the witch skimming 1000 Magical Herbs and Fungi before she finds Katie's dad's note could be a perfect place. It just hit me that that was actually the first book I opened – even before the Washcloth one that starts on the table – precisely because it seemed like a book that might have hints I'd need about ingredients.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: PinkFuton and KMN

Xiongleeio

Sep 23, 2020
PinkFuton: Hello, sorry if english isn't perfect but I enjoyed this game and its potential so much (hermione being one of my favorite girls) this is my first comment and review on this site, also sorry for long post. The amount of combinations and potential is essentially infinite (1-2-3/3-2-1/1-2-2/1-2-1/etc) and I would like to give many many ideas and suggestions that hopefully may be approved and used to make this game god-like? But I understand making a game takes effort and time so I may donate more than what you have on patreon if possible to help. Some ideas include ability to have potions that make permanant changes like large/huge breasts or body/proportion size and ability to alternate clothes on and nude during possible sex scenes. I would give full suggestion/idea list but I don't want you and others to read a book on poor english lol. Hope I can help when I can and hope to see this game become truly A++ and top list and success for you :). Maybe there is page I can send or email I can use?

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
Ah, I actually meant to suggest exactly that, yeah. I think it'd work out pretty well – you might get folks who do the opposite of what I did and assume sulfur, but hopefully they'd try other books' potions and then see the reference before resorting to brute force.

Also, since you've said that you plan to add a good many more ingredients, I'll just note that if you ever get around to Bubotubers and/or their pus, I think that's also supposed to smell pretty badly, haha. Careful of connotative conflicts like that, I guess I'm saying.

Edit:
It might be a bit of an obvious suggestion, but if you're going to be putting something like Stinksap info into a book, then the witch skimming 1000 Magical Herbs and Fungi before she finds Katie's dad's note could be a perfect place. It just hit me that that was actually the first book I opened – even before the Washcloth one that starts on the table – precisely because it seemed like a book that might have hints I'd need about ingredients.
Regarding your edit, it seems like a good idea, my only concern is having two "smelly" ingredients might confuse things more than I want to. But I'll have a think about it.

PinkFuton: Hello, sorry if english isn't perfect but I enjoyed this game and its potential so much (hermione being one of my favorite girls) this is my first comment and review on this site, also sorry for long post. The amount of combinations and potential is essentially infinite (1-2-3/3-2-1/1-2-2/1-2-1/etc) and I would like to give many many ideas and suggestions that hopefully may be approved and used to make this game god-like? But I understand making a game takes effort and time so I may donate more than what you have on patreon if possible to help. Some ideas include ability to have potions that make permanant changes like large/huge breasts or body/proportion size and ability to alternate clothes on and nude during possible sex scenes. I would give full suggestion/idea list but I don't want you and others to read a book on poor english lol. Hope I can help when I can and hope to see this game become truly A++ and top list and success for you :). Maybe there is page I can send or email I can use?
Your English is great don't worry about it! Thanks for the compliments. Feel free to make suggestions either here in this thread or private message me here, but keep in mind that my priority is on my patron's requests as they are the ones who are paying for the privilege.

About the permanent changes you mentioned, it isn't really possible. Every bit of art is hand drawn, so if I for example wanted to have all animations have a big-breast variant, I would have to redraw every single scene frame by frame, which is way too much work and doesn't scale well.

Reactions: Xiongleeio
4.60 star(s) 27 Votes