PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
One other suggestion: since there are 2 egg items every clue that involves eggs essentially has to be tried twice which can be confusing and annoying, I'd recommend either changing one of them (harpy feather?) or making the clues refer to, say, the harpy itself rather than simply "egg." Unless you feel that the trial and error aspect is the sort of gameplay you are shooting for, in which case it is fine.
I didn't think of that at all. You're right, I'll change the doxy eggs to obsidian dust or something. I do want trial and error, but when it's intentional, this one wasn't!

Lilraya

Jul 28, 2018
I liked the game even if it was quite short and some of the books were slightly confusing until you spend your time to figure out what ingredient is which but maybe these things will get changed or there will be less fail scenes and more potions. The few things that I felt were missing were: option to fit whole scene text in a window (whole text moving with the mouse felt slightly disorienting at first), some kind of ability to find ingredients (even if it was by making another potion that highlights them because it took me more than 10minutes to find seed above painting or mouse hair) and I wish there were more potions dependent on other potions or interactions (for example glass shards were really fun interaction but besides that it felt that most interactions are empty or there's not really much of a point to do anything besides trial and error mixing all the ingredients until you find a scene)

yozara

Feb 2, 2018
I feel like some of your hints could be easier to read (not especially to understand what ingredient it mean but like the order)
the exemple that come to my mind is the pink potion, the text say
"add pink stuff to smelly stuff and then smelly stuff again"
so naturally I did smelly stuff > pink stuff > smelly stuff since that's what the text said (add A to B mean there's already B in your cauldron and you add A as the second ingredient) and it didn't work so I tryed many things before understanding that it was supposed to be pink stuff > smelly stuff > smelly stuff.
that fact that the order was unclear made me think I was wrong in my interpretation of the ingredient and i lost a few minutes trying to understand what you meant.
it's just some kind of details here (because I don't think the other text had this kind of problem) but that's a frustration that, I think, wasn't planned and that could be avoided quite easily by reformulating the phrasing

the game is still great that's just some kind of minor adjustment that can be done to make it better !

WolfenArklight

Nov 5, 2017
I’m a bit confused about some of the text options after certain potions. The text just cuts off, no matter what aspect ratio I’m in and if I click the page trying to see the rest it just goes back to the gameplay section?

Reactions: PinkFuton

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
I liked the game even if it was quite short and some of the books were slightly confusing until you spend your time to figure out what ingredient is which but maybe these things will get changed or there will be less fail scenes and more potions. The few things that I felt were missing were: option to fit whole scene text in a window (whole text moving with the mouse felt slightly disorienting at first), some kind of ability to find ingredients (even if it was by making another potion that highlights them because it took me more than 10minutes to find seed above painting or mouse hair) and I wish there were more potions dependent on other potions or interactions (for example glass shards were really fun interaction but besides that it felt that most interactions are empty or there's not really much of a point to do anything besides trial and error mixing all the ingredients until you find a scene)
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! Remember that it has been less than 1 month since the first release, so more content will come. Some of the books are deliberately more difficult to understand or missing the full recipe. I don't want all the books to simply tell you the exact recipe. I will be implementing an in-game hint system soon though, so if players get stuck, they should eventually get the answer. Likewise some of the ingredients are intended to be semi-hidden, the rat running across the screen is supposed to act as a visual hint about where to look for the hair. I'll add a similar visual hint for the seed in the next patch.

As for more interactive ingredients, they're definitely planned. Interactions between potions is a little more difficult, I'd love to have a futa variant for every other potion, or a beauxbatons uniform variant for every potion but it's simply way too much work. I'm not going to get my self into a breeding farm situation where every added monster led to an exponential increase in work.
I feel like some of your hints could be easier to read (not especially to understand what ingredient it mean but like the order)
the exemple that come to my mind is the pink potion, the text say
"add pink stuff to smelly stuff and then smelly stuff again"
so naturally I did smelly stuff > pink stuff > smelly stuff since that's what the text said (add A to B mean there's already B in your cauldron and you add A as the second ingredient) and it didn't work so I tryed many things before understanding that it was supposed to be pink stuff > smelly stuff > smelly stuff.
that fact that the order was unclear made me think I was wrong in my interpretation of the ingredient and i lost a few minutes trying to understand what you meant.
it's just some kind of details here (because I don't think the other text had this kind of problem) but that's a frustration that, I think, wasn't planned and that could be avoided quite easily by reformulating the phrasing

the game is still great that's just some kind of minor adjustment that can be done to make it better !
There was a bit of discussion about that same text earlier in the thread. Some people argued that the order being unclear kind of fits with the "bimbo" persona the book is supposed to be written from.

That said, I will implement an in-game hint system in a couple of updates which should help players who get stumped on specific potions.
I’m a bit confused about some of the text options after certain potions. The text just cuts off, no matter what aspect ratio I’m in and if I click the page trying to see the rest it just goes back to the gameplay section?
That's how it's supposed to be, I was keeping it to one page on purpose. However, expanding the end screens to be multi page is probably my most requested feature, so I will be changing it to be multi-page.

Reactions: Lilraya and ViviX12

WolfenArklight

Nov 5, 2017
That's how it's supposed to be, I was keeping it to one page on purpose. However, expanding the end screens to be multi page is probably my most requested feature, so I will be changing it to be multi-page.
Yes, thank you very much, I just found it out how it would be in the middle of a sentence and then just cut off. Appreciate you making it multi-page in the future :)

• Red Heart

Duckeroni

Jun 1, 2020
I really enjoy the art style and the atmosphere, would love to see this game expanded with new scenes, ingredients and interactions.

• Red Heart

hansolo1195

Sep 25, 2017
"New content updates will come out weekly, so stay tuned."

"Next Update: 7th July 2021"

This game is really promising, but I fear that the dev is making too many promises he/she cannot fulfill. Hopefully this isn't another Crushstation regen.

Mar 28, 2021
Everything sexual aside, both the writing and animation is incredibly pleasant. The atmosphere is very comfortable as well. I look forward to seeing where this goes, and a massive congratulations on launching your project! That's often a difficult first step.

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
Update very close to done. I wasn't happy with one of the scenes so had to redo, also the day job is as busy as ever.

"New content updates will come out weekly, so stay tuned."

"Next Update: 7th July 2021"

This game is really promising, but I fear that the dev is making too many promises he/she cannot fulfill. Hopefully this isn't another Crushstation regen.
Thanks! Just to push back a little bit: The primary reason to have such a ambitious(or unrealistic if you prefer that) release schedule was to build some trust with my patrons, to demonstrate to everyone that I'm not just going to run off with their money. While I have certainly missed the dates I think it's a little unfair to compare me to devs that disappear for months on end. I leave people waiting days, not weeks and certainly not months.

That said, this first month of public releases has been a bit of an experiment to see how much I can get done while juggling a day job. The average time between updates is 10days so I will be setting the release dates to 2 weeks or more, which I fully expect to be able to meet, based on my prior releases.

Everything sexual aside, both the writing and animation is incredibly pleasant. The atmosphere is very comfortable as well. I look forward to seeing where this goes, and a massive congratulations on launching your project! That's often a difficult first step.
Thank you very much! I'm glad you understand, I was working on 0.1 for most of a year before releasing.
You don't. As stated before in this thread every page is meant to be part of a book and only show a single page of that book. Thus the sometimes abrupt cuts.
This will be changing in the update after next. It's the most requested feature so expect multipage end text in a couple of weeks or so.
I am absolutely awful at figuring these out
Don't worry about it, some of these are supposed to be very hard (and it's probably 10x harder if english isn't your first language). In an update or two, I will be adding an ingame hint system which should hopefully smooth out the difficulty
That tentacle scene was GREAT
and the writing that went with it was just as good
That means a lot! I re worked the text for that scene three times, and was pretty happy with how it turned out.

TheGoodDr

Sep 14, 2017
You know, I opened up the game to watch the devil's snare scene today, and I was struck by the work you put into the shadow. It's not something I noticed when I was looking at the scene before (my focus may have been elsewhere for some reason), but having seen it I realized it's one of those subtle details that would probably really detract from the ambiance if it was missing

So I just wanted to say I noticed that and really appreciate the amount of work you clearly put into the animations, even smaller less obvious parts of them. I think it really makes a difference. You do really good work

4.60 star(s) 27 Votes