Brckeras

Apr 19, 2021
It took me a bit but I figured the devils snare out.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ah thank you I didn't notice the seed up there, just glad I wasn't going insane finding that code.

v0.2 Updated list of potions and recipes

maverih345456

Feb 27, 2018
Hey good job Pinkfuton as always ,I hope you can include hairless nude body spell,robot spell and maybe frog spell in your potion room game.

Last edited:
Reactions: PinkFuton

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
Thanks everyone, as always all the feedback is really appreciated! For those of you that struggled with finding the new recipes (seems like a lot of you), when you figured it out or saw the answer was it an "oh that makes sense" moment or did it feel like confusing bullshit?

is this update still coming? i understand if something came up, but it'd be nice to know
Really sorry, it feels extremely lame and scammy on my part to make excuses when the update is already late. I know most people are very understanding like yourself, but it's hard to shake the scummy feeling as I'm typing out "excuse number 3" for a week late update.

I promise to get better at this though! I'll swallow my pride and keep communicating I'll get these updates out on time!
Good luck, love the concept. Hard to jerk off to pixels unfortunately, maybe some CG's for scenes?
Thanks! The pixel art is kind of central to the game, so this may not be the one for you.
dont listen to these chumps I think the artstyle is great. I do wish the screen with text had an animation or at least an image on it though, and a lot of the text cuts off and makes it seem like theres a second page when there isnt.
Thanks a load! For the end pages, I will probably add a button that will show the animation again beneath, it should be in the next update. As for text cutting off, that's one thing I'm a little stubborn on from a design perspective, I like that each scene always has exactly one page of text that's quick to cycle through if you've already seen it.
Hey good job Pinkfuton as always ,I hope you can include hairless nude body spell,robot spell and maybe frog spell in your potion room game.
Thank you! I like the idea of a robot spell, I just need to think of how it would look and how it would be "sexy". For the hairless spell it seems a little niche for me to spend time on...Its does fit as a failure scene though, If I have time I'll add it. And by frog spell do you mean a literal frog or a anthro-frog?

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
A simple yet very fun game to play with, you make me remembered the good old days when I'm still young and got hooked on those adult magic potion flash games on newgrounds and other adult site. I always enjoy playing those and tried to figure out as many recipes and combination as possible, goddamn what a memory
Can't wait to see more updates in the future with more mixture and new content, I'll bookmark this thread and keeping my eyes on it

• Red Heart

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
nice update, I like the sounds
though I gotta say that I personally didn't have a single idea on how to get the Herbs potion, I couldn't figure out a single ingredient
old rhymes one was easier, but it clicked only once the glass broke after I took the herbs book, which is nice puzzle but there's a good chance that most won't notice it, since it requires to take another book first, and on top of that you get only one shot at it, as when you take another book the glass shards are gone
and another thing, old rhymes potion text doesn't have custom name, there's still "Hermione"

• Red Heart

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
nice update, I like the sounds
though I gotta say that I personally didn't have a single idea on how to get the Herbs potion, I couldn't figure out a single ingredient
old rhymes one was easier, but it clicked only once the glass broke after I took the herbs book, which is nice puzzle but there's a good chance that most won't notice it, since it requires to take another book first, and on top of that you get only one shot at it, as when you take another book the glass shards are gone
and another thing, old rhymes potion text doesn't have custom name, there's still "Hermione"
Thanks! Yeah the herbs potion seems to be too difficult to work out, that and the "spelling mistakes" make it look a bit terrible. I'm thinking of changing it so that the hidden message is in bolded letters. I know it's hard to say now, but do you think you would have worked out the coded message if the code letters were bolded?
I wanted the glass to be a one shot deal, it's supposed to be a little more difficult as you have to commit the recipe to memory. And thanks for catching that bug, I'll have it fixed next update.

Reactions: ViviX12

nk0x

Aug 28, 2019
Good as always!

As a suggestion, maybe give her a notebook of her own? Something similar to a gallery that would record combinations that did already work? It would help keep slightly better track of what had already been done, or what hasn't been seen for people with incredibly bad memories like me haha. Sorry if it's already been suggested/shot down.

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
Re: bold letters. One option might be to have the letters appear in bold once the player has read the book repeatedly (indicating lack of progress, frustration), maybe after two reads? I always appreciate subtlety (including codebreaking), as it enables clever discovery.

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
Good as always!

As a suggestion, maybe give her a notebook of her own? Something similar to a gallery that would record combinations that did already work? It would help keep slightly better track of what had already been done, or what hasn't been seen for people with incredibly bad memories like me haha. Sorry if it's already been suggested/shot down.
Cheers! The notebook is a very good idea, I've wanted to add some sort of journal but haven't got round to it yet. I'll add it into the game within the next 2 updates.
Re: bold letters. One option might be to have the letters appear in bold once the player has read the book repeatedly (indicating lack of progress, frustration), maybe after two reads? I always appreciate subtlety (including codebreaking), as it enables clever discovery.
That's a cool idea but I personally want all the puzzle solving to be done by the player and not the game (if that makes sense). It wouldn't sit right with me knowing that Bigbrain mcBrainson wouldn't be able to solve the code the first time he opened the book.

Or do you mean the code is always there but becomes more obvious each time you open the book? Because that's a really interesting idea, might help smooth out difficulty.

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
Do you mean the code is always there but becomes more obvious each time you open the book? Because that's a really interesting idea, might help smooth out difficulty.
The latter, yes. Scaling and dynamic puzzles are excellent in my opinion.

Reactions: Nirolten

maverih345456

Feb 27, 2018
For the hairless spell it seems a little niche for me to spend time on...Its does fit as a failure scene though, If I have time I'll add it.
Okay but make sure she is naked,bald and has no eyebrows so that she will be both be naked,bald and hairless

And by frog spell do you mean a literal frog or a anthro-frog?
Well,I was thinking literal frog also for the next update include age progression where the girl turns into either an old lady or a milf or both and an age regression where she turns into baby.

Brckeras

Apr 19, 2021
Re the notebook idea: It seems like a good way to have a diegetic gallery, where there's one of those moving pictures in the HP-verse depicting the scene and maybe some notes about the result of the experiment, in addition to hints/clues about other recipes.

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
Okay but make sure she is naked,bald and has no eyebrows so that she will be both be naked,bald and hairless

Well,I was thinking literal frog also for the next update include age progression where the girl turns into either an old lady or a milf or both and an age regression where she turns into baby.
Chill buddy. I'm not your personal game dev.
Re the notebook idea: It seems like a good way to have a diegetic gallery, where there's one of those moving pictures in the HP-verse depicting the scene and maybe some notes about the result of the experiment, in addition to hints/clues about other recipes.
Good idea, I just did a quick art test and I can convert the existing animations to line drawings fairly quickly. I think a journal with the Witch's sketches and extra flavour text would work nicely. I was a bit hesitant to do a gallery when just making the potion takes a few seconds, but converting the animations to sketches would be a nice middle ground.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I think it could be very fun to have some special potion mixture where instead of just 3 you need to mix like 6 ingredients and you got a special sex event where the character having fun with either her classmate or with some creature she create with that recipe
I think Meet n fuck Magic shop can be use as a good reference for that type

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I think it could be very fun to have some special potion mixture where instead of just 3 you need to mix like 6 ingredients and you got a special sex event where the character having fun with either her classmate or with some creature she create with that recipe
and how do you do it without making player feel like it's some bug because nothing happened after adding 3 ingredients? adding 3 with the current amount of ingredients available is already a ton of possible combinations, and most of them are still yet to be utilised, there's nowhere near a need to pack in additional ingredients to the combinations

4.60 star(s) 27 Votes