PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
and how do you do it without making player feel like it's some bug because nothing happened after adding 3 ingredients? adding 3 with the current amount of ingredients available is already a ton of possible combinations, and most of them are still yet to be utilised, there's nowhere near a need to pack in additional ingredients to the combinations
Yup you got the reason exactly, going to stick to 3 ingredient combo's just to keep everything consistent.

That said void, regarding sex scenes with other characters and monsters, definitely happening soon. This update or next.

Milty1941

Apr 29, 2018
and how do you do it without making player feel like it's some bug because nothing happened after adding 3 ingredients? adding 3 with the current amount of ingredients available is already a ton of possible combinations, and most of them are still yet to be utilised, there's nowhere near a need to pack in additional ingredients to the combinations
I guess a solution could be adding a "stir" functionality. So basically, you add your ingredients, invoke the stir action (maybe with a nice animation ;) ) and that's when the potion making really starts. This way the ingredient count can be dynamic.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PinkFuton

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Yup you got the reason exactly, going to stick to 3 ingredient combo's just to keep everything consistent.

That said void, regarding sex scenes with other characters and monsters, definitely happening soon. This update or next.
Yeah I think 6 mixtures actually was too much too so 3 ingredients combo are enough, can't wait to see those sex content being add in the future updates

Ponyboy451

Feb 27, 2018
Good stuff! The style is great, the puzzles are clever, and I love the little stories that accompany the scenes. My only complaint is that the text can be limited due to the design of fitting it on a single page. I wouldn't mind more detailed stories, even if they just unlock in a journal or such.

Overall though, fantastic work! Looking forward to more :)

beepiss

Jul 21, 2017
struggled to find the seed for so long, to the point where i did a color blindness test.
turns out i'm not color blind, so that's good.

• Haha

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
Good stuff! The style is great, the puzzles are clever, and I love the little stories that accompany the scenes. My only complaint is that the text can be limited due to the design of fitting it on a single page. I wouldn't mind more detailed stories, even if they just unlock in a journal or such.

Overall though, fantastic work! Looking forward to more :)
Thank you I appreciate the kind words! A lot of people are requesting more pages for the ending texts, so I may have to stop being stubborn and implement it. I'm planning on adding a journal, but it would be the Witch's journal written from her perspective, cataloging her experiences.

Also for those who are interested, my aversion to adding new pages isn't just from a design perspective. The way things are coded and set up currently is incompatible with multiple pages, so I would have to do a fairly big rewrite of the whole system.
struggled to find the seed for so long, to the point where i did a color blindness test.
turns out i'm not color blind, so that's good.
Congrats I guess? :D

Brckeras posts great rundowns of all of the potions every time there is a new update, so look out for his posts when you're stuck.

sumrando

Jul 6, 2020
a possible solution would be to click the fire and change it's color before using ingredients for advanced potions with more than three inputs (and more fail scenes), or have the MC's wand be used to swap to another desk for a greater variety of ingredients and more potions. but IDK *shrugs* i'm just spit-balling ideas.

• Thinking Face

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
Been loving this one so far, I will say the text cut off at the end of the page is a bit strange, I think it would be better if you just finished the passage on a second page.

narlicious

May 26, 2018
Absolutely love it! I hope the devil's snare scene is an indication that there'll be more combinations that summon some kind of magical creature in the future.

Nate D

Nov 17, 2017
Im doing the suggested way for the Old Rhymes but I just end up with wet shirt. Is this a glitch.

RAINYDAYZZZ

Jul 16, 2020
So for some reason every time i launch the .exe it opens then closes straight away not sure what to do.
i use windows and i made sure i downloaded the windows version.

Update, i ran the .exe in administrator and it loaded.

Last edited:

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
a possible solution would be to click the fire and change it's color before using ingredients for advanced potions with more than three inputs (and more fail scenes), or have the MC's wand be used to swap to another desk for a greater variety of ingredients and more potions. but IDK *shrugs* i'm just spit-balling ideas.
All good ideas, but my main issue is that I don't think having 4+combos adds anything to the game. I'll be adding plenty more ingredients so don't worry about that, I like the idea of having a very cluttered/desk room so it'll be at least a few more updates before I need to think about another desk.
the 1000 herbs recipe was difficult but fun to decipher and quite rewarding
I'm glad! When I'm making the codes/puzzles it's very difficult to tell if the player will find it rewarding or just annoying.
Been loving this one so far, I will say the text cut off at the end of the page is a bit strange, I think it would be better if you just finished the passage on a second page.
Everyone's asking for this :( So I'm going to have to stop being stubborn and get it done.
Can not for the life of me figure out the rhyme book or the book about the seed on the painting.
Here are some hint's if you don't want me to just tell you the answer:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Or if you can't work it out Brckeras posted all the combinations HERE
Lol, hopefully it wasn't too frustrating. If you're still stuck see above ^
Absolutely love it! I hope the devil's snare scene is an indication that there'll be more combinations that summon some kind of magical creature in the future.
Thank you! Will of course be adding scenes with monsters/other characters, I'm working on a few currently which will find their way into the game in the next couple of updates.
Im doing the suggested way for the Old Rhymes but I just end up with wet shirt. Is this a glitch.
Hmm, very strange. Are you certain you're using the correct combination?

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
One other suggestion: since there are 2 egg items every clue that involves eggs essentially has to be tried twice which can be confusing and annoying, I'd recommend either changing one of them (harpy feather?) or making the clues refer to, say, the harpy itself rather than simply "egg." Unless you feel that the trial and error aspect is the sort of gameplay you are shooting for, in which case it is fine.

4.60 star(s) 27 Votes