icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
For your first two points, I think you figured it out in the last paragraph. I would love to be able to make each animation 200 frames long and have multiple stages to the scenes but I am the singular dev, I work a day job full time, nearly everything ins hand drawn and animated, I am on a weekly update cycle and just to remind you, this is only the second update. After a couple more weeks, once patrons have a bit more faith I put out consistent updates and won't run away with their money, I'll switch over to monthly releases which will allow for bigger updates and more ambitious animations. But I think the key is:

Have realistic expectations! I wasn't working at it constantly but it took me around 6 months to get to releasing the first build.

For your last point, I will be allowing the player to change the names of things in the future. Also, the plan for this game is that it's animations and code will feed into a larger, more story-driven game where there will be time for setting up the Witch as falling behind etc. The scope for the potion room is deliberately small.
Maybe instead of having the animated stuff expanded on, you could expand on the text more? The writing is pretty good and seems to be half of the focus of the game, and I'd also say half of why people are interested in future updates. A lot of each page of text seems to just be describing the result of the mix (that players have already just seen in the animation), so I feel like you could keep the animations as they are now and just expand on the story for each mixture? I feel like you could maybe do a page showing off the results a short time later (anywhere from a day to a week later) and then another page showing off the more long-term effects, ranging from a month to even a year later. Obviously for the failure states it wouldn't really be necessary, but something like the witch getting addicted to polyjuicing into different animals, or feeling the desire to use her new dick on another student (maybe even sharing the secret of the potion around).

Reactions: PinkFuton

misterMaster

Nov 11, 2017
Great game! Simple gameplay, cute graphics...
There are way too many games that try to do too much, to have 'the best graphics' (meaning most realistic), but end up having no charm at all, and this is not the case with this one!
Best of luck to the dev

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021

Sorry for the wait.

There are 2 new scenes to enjoy, 2 new books, a new player name system, and lots of sound effects! The scenes are intentionally a little harder to find this time good luck!

I'm off to bed for now, it's been a long week.

Brckeras

Apr 19, 2021
What's the combo for Devil's Snare? I've been trying for 20 minutes already
Im totally stumped on both. For the Snare I think there may be a code by finding the mispelled words, taking the wrong letters and finding a message in the correct letters. When I did that I got
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Which is probably "Think of my Cock sed(?) egg toadstool." Which seems like it would be the dick mushroom + eggs (maybe doxy) + Toadstool but I've tried that and it doesn't work. Plus there's the glass shard ingredent which you'd think would be used, but I've tried variations with it in it and got nothing.

For the Rhymes all I got was eggs and sap not sure what else is there.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PinkFuton

Comrade57

May 23, 2018
Im totally stumped on both. For the Snare I think there may be a code by finding the mispelled words, taking the wrong letters and finding a message in the correct letters. When I did that I got
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Which is probably "Think of my Cock sed(?) egg toadstool." Which seems like it would be the dick mushroom + eggs (maybe doxy) + Toadstool but I've tried that and it doesn't work. Plus there's the glass shard ingredent which you'd think would be used, but I've tried variations with it in it and got nothing.

For the Rhymes all I got was eggs and sap not sure what else is there.
Okay, for Old Rhymes it's Harpy Eggs+Glass Shards+Mimbulus. As for the Devil's Snare, I still have no idea

4.60 star(s) 27 Votes