Bad Robot

Sep 13, 2018
I am pleasantly surprised by this game. Especially that you kept your promise of updating it quickly. I really like how you are doing the animations. There is something very satisfying about the animations for the books landing on the table.

I agree with the post above about there needing to be some kind of indication that the text for the bimbo potion is over. Ellipses would probably work, but I prefer the idea of her making a comment like "Maybe I can get one of those cute Slytherin boys to help me out." and just leaving it at that.

I'm really impressed with what I'm seeing so far, and the idea of a full game is exciting. Keep up the good work!

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
another thought I had: it'd be much better if some more animations ended as short loops rather than still images, like the splash fail
for example making the breast expansion one into a breathing loop, would make it so much better to look at

Jonlissla

Jun 25, 2017
Okay, this was a seriously cute game. Nice artwork and animations, and the sound effects are just right. Good stuff, keep up the good work!

• Red Heart
Reactions: PinkFuton

paquano12

Jan 8, 2020
The Potion Room v0.15 Windows
The Potion Room v0.15 Mac

2 new potion scenes, 1 new failure scene, 2 new books and a load of quality of life changes.
Amounts to around 100+ new frames of animation.

Next update is slated for this Wednesday 23rd of June (hopefully).

Enjoy!
Brilliant update, but I did encounter a little bit of jank. I can sneak in a fourth ingredient after the third but before the animation for failing a potion plays. It does not seem to affect anything, the animations play out normally.
I think it only works on these ingredients: Doxy eggs, Sulfur, Powdered Cinabbar, Tentacula Leaf, Toadstool and Harpy Eggs.
It's a non issue really, just wanted to bring it up if you want to take a look at it. :)

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
so i guess the end goal for when this game is finished will be to add as many random outcomes from the ingredients as possible so that there is alot of unpredictability and the sense of "discovery" with many combinations to be found eventually.

Brckeras

Apr 19, 2021
Nice update, the new animations look good, the new reset is much appreciated helped a lot figuring out the potency potion.

mydeparture

May 4, 2018
Really enjoying the pixel art and animations. I like the one-scene set up and just being to experiment with the stuff to see what works or using the books get the recipes. Curious to see how you will turn it into a larger game! Keep up the good work!

BrunoPG

Aug 24, 2020
Very fun game!
Here are some suggestions:
1-A gallery would be great.

2-Would be nice if a discovered potion could get registered in some kind of diary or something, so we can have a "potionDex".

3-Would be cool to discover more secret ingredients(like the mouse fur). One idea is to combine 2 ingredients to make a new one! Example: Mushroom + fire = roasted mushroom.

4-More ways to interact with the main character after she is afected with the potion, like make her masturbate herself, or maybe change her position in some way.

Thats all that i could think of, sorry if my english sucks (its not my first language). Really liked the game, will check next versions for sure!

Toastlolol

Aug 4, 2018
I love what you've done so far! Would love to see more combos!

One bit that tripped me up was a book's mention of "Red Mercury," which obviously is not a labeled ingredient on the table. I just guessed at the red color of the "cinnabar" on the table, and later had to check for accuracy and confirm that cinnabar is, in fact, mercuric sulfide. Bit of a chemical lesson today.

This might've been intentionally done to meet the puzzle nature of the game, but if more clarity is desired it wouldn't be out of character for Hermione to mention this out loud to herself in reflection of the passage.

• Red Heart

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019

One bit that tripped me up was a book's mention of "Red Mercury," which obviously is not a labeled ingredient on the table. I just guessed at the red color of the "cinnabar" on the table, and later had to check for accuracy and confirm that cinnabar is, in fact, mercuric sulfide. Bit of a chemical lesson today.

This might've been intentionally done to meet the puzzle nature of the game, but if more clarity is desired it wouldn't be out of character for Hermione to mention this out loud to herself in reflection of the passage.
this is mentioned in the outcome text, it is very much intentional

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
I am pleasantly surprised by this game. Especially that you kept your promise of updating it quickly. I really like how you are doing the animations. There is something very satisfying about the animations for the books landing on the table.

I agree with the post above about there needing to be some kind of indication that the text for the bimbo potion is over. Ellipses would probably work, but I prefer the idea of her making a comment like "Maybe I can get one of those cute Slytherin boys to help me out." and just leaving it at that.

I'm really impressed with what I'm seeing so far, and the idea of a full game is exciting. Keep up the good work!
Thank you! I didn't quite keep my promise though, I was a few days late :p
another thought I had: it'd be much better if some more animations ended as short loops rather than still images, like the splash fail
for example making the breast expansion one into a breathing loop, would make it so much better to look at
Yeah I hope to do that at some point. It's just a case of deciding whether to spend time on making loops for existing scenes or making new scenes. I'm also toying with the idea of having a "reset animation" button next to the reset scroll so you can watch the scene from the beginning again. Maybe that would help the ended animations feeling too abrupt.
would like to see some undocumented combinations
just to have something to discover, you know
As Randy said, there is one hidden scene in the game. And as I run out of bookshelf space I plan on having a lot more obscure hints to recipes which will hopefully allow for a greater sense of discovery.
Brilliant update, but I did encounter a little bit of jank. I can sneak in a fourth ingredient after the third but before the animation for failing a potion plays. It does not seem to affect anything, the animations play out normally.
I think it only works on these ingredients: Doxy eggs, Sulfur, Powdered Cinabbar, Tentacula Leaf, Toadstool and Harpy Eggs.
It's a non issue really, just wanted to bring it up if you want to take a look at it. :)
Thanks! And thank you for catching that bug. That's the exact sort of thing that can mess things up and cause all sorts of errors. I'll be sure to fix it for next update.
so i guess the end goal for when this game is finished will be to add as many random outcomes from the ingredients as possible so that there is alot of unpredictability and the sense of "discovery" with many combinations to be found eventually.
All of the random outcomes is a very, very big number. There are currently 10 ingredients, which mix together in groups of 3, they can also be in a different order within that group of 3.

That said, I will be adding more "secret" scenes, where the instructions are hidden or not very obvious. So hopefully that will give a better sense of discovery for the player.
Very fun game!
Here are some suggestions:
1-A gallery would be great.

2-Would be nice if a discovered potion could get registered in some kind of diary or something, so we can have a "potionDex".

3-Would be cool to discover more secret ingredients(like the mouse fur). One idea is to combine 2 ingredients to make a new one! Example: Mushroom + fire = roasted mushroom.

4-More ways to interact with the main character after she is afected with the potion, like make her masturbate herself, or maybe change her position in some way.

Thats all that i could think of, sorry if my english sucks (its not my first language). Really liked the game, will check next versions for sure!
Thanks!
A gallery and potiondex are planned. Numbers 3 and 4 are a bit beyond the scope of the game though. They seem more a fit for the larger project I'm working one. Your English is perfect! No need to apologise.

Thanks! More combos is what I spend most of my time one, there should be new ones every week!
The mercury/cinnabar wordplay was on purpose. I was hoping most people would figure it out exactly like you did, and at worst google what cinnabar actually was.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Yeah I hope to do that at some point. It's just a case of deciding whether to spend time on making loops for existing scenes or making new scenes. I'm also toying with the idea of having a "reset animation" button next to the reset scroll so you can watch the scene from the beginning again. Maybe that would help the ended animations feeling too abrupt.
I'd say, less of better is preferable
while getting more scenes is really nice, giving right polish to what there is is important too

Brckeras

Apr 19, 2021
Here's the current list of potions and recipes in game, I'll see if I can keep this going as the game is updated.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just as an aside it looks like M's in the books titles have a weird dot to their left? (see attached picture) Also Most Potent Potions is misspelled as Most Potente Potions, unless that's an intentional affect.
1624058217288.png

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 27 Votes