PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021

2 new potion scenes, 1 new failure scene, 2 new books and a load of quality of life changes.
Amounts to around 100+ new frames of animation.

Next update is slated for this Wednesday 23rd of June (hopefully).

Enjoy!

Last edited:

cooldude33

Jun 1, 2017
  • Red Heart
Reactions: PinkFuton

cooldude33

Jun 1, 2017
Ok, so I've played through the new version and it's great, I just have one issue with the wording in the "Pink Potions", unless it's supposed to be on purpose?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It had me a bit confused and I spent a few minutes trying other ingredients that might seem pink and/or smelly until I realized I actually had the right ingredients the first time, just in the wrong order :ROFLMAO:

DarkKrusty

Sep 16, 2018
so, are the Harpy eggs the Doxy eggs? cause I cant seem to see any more ingrediants apart from whats on the table and the hair on the shelf.

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
Ok, so I've played through the new version and it's great, I just have one issue with the wording in the "Pink Potions", unless it's supposed to be on purpose?
It had me a bit confused and I spent a few minutes trying other ingredients that might seem pink and/or smelly until I realized I actually had the right ingredients the first time, just in the wrong order :ROFLMAO:
Thanks! You're right it does make it seem like a different order. I'll reword it next update. I need to come up with more ideas on how to communicate the ingredients in non obvious ways.

cooldude33

Jun 1, 2017
OH! I did not see those, well blended in
It took me a while to spot them too. For anyone else about to play the game

Thanks! You're right it does make it seem like a different order. I'll reword it next update. I need to come up with more ideas on how to communicate the ingredients in non obvious ways.
I figured out the right order by looking at the names mentioned in the book, the first name starts with a C and the second name starts with an S. I have no idea if you made this intentional or not, but that's one way to communicate the ingredient in a non-obvious way.

As for other ideas, perhaps word puzzles? Something to decipher, fun but not too difficult? Consider the other potion book you added where the words are faded and incomplete so the reader has to deduce the ingredient from the letters that are left.

You shouldn't worry about that for now, I think the bookshelf is a bigger priority right now because soon enough there won't be space left on it. :whistle:

nah leave it like that, adds to the ditsy air head thing the potion does.
Perhaps it's better to leave it that way, yeah. Makes it more interesting.

Last edited:

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
nah leave it like that, adds to the ditsy air head thing the potion does.
Yeah I think I will, it seems like most will get to the answer in the end.
Really like this game so far, it seems that the text for the pink recipe is cutting off right as she says something about wanting to suck on something and heading over to somewhere
Thanks! The idea for the page text is that it's supposed to be a page from an actual book, so the sentence continues on the "next page" even though the player never sees it. I may change it though if it just looks like I forgot to finish the sentence.
It took me a while to spot them too. For anyone else about to play the game

I figured out the right order by looking at the names mentioned in the book, the first name starts with a C and the second name starts with an S. I have no idea if you made this intentional or not, but that's one way to communicate the ingredient in a non-obvious way.

As for other ideas, perhaps word puzzles? Something to decipher, fun but not too difficult? Consider the other potion book you added where the words are faded and incomplete so the reader has to deduce the ingredient from the letters that are left.

You shouldn't worry about that for now, I think the bookshelf is a bigger priority right now because soon enough there won't be space left on it. :whistle:

Perhaps it's better to leave it that way, yeah.
Haha, I mean, I could pretend it was on purpose. I was hoping most people associate sulfur with smelling bad and that's about it. Word puzzles are a good shout, I just remembered I had an idea for a coded messages also. And yes the bookshelf is looking more and more small, I will have to do something about it.

cooldude33

Jun 1, 2017
The idea for the page text is that it's supposed to be a page from an actual book, so the sentence continues on the "next page" even though the player never sees it. I may change it though if it just looks like I forgot to finish the sentence.
I think maybe adding "..." or a dash at the end might make it seem more obvious that it's supposed to cut off. "Heading over..." or "Heading over-" something like that.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PinkFuton
Oct 15, 2017
It would be awesome if in this future larger game there were transformative potions that didn't just stay within a singular scene, making hermoine a bimbo then just playing the rest of the game like that would be awesome. Taking more than one in the larger game and retaining the effects so long as they don't conflict would be great too. It would be alot of re doing animations but man it would be cool.

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
It would be awesome if in this future larger game there were transformative potions that didn't just stay within a singular scene, making hermoine a bimbo then just playing the rest of the game like that would be awesome. Taking more than one in the larger game and retaining the effects so long as they don't conflict would be great too. It would be alot of re doing animations but man it would be cool.
I'd love to be able to something like that but in a full game it would be way too much work. In a larger game I would want Hermione to be able to walk, run, play with potions, cast spells etc. etc. all with their own animations. Adding a transformation would mean I would have to do all the animation work again. And any time I wanted to add an animation to normal Hermione, say jumping over a fence, then I would have to do twice/thrice/quadruple the work depending on how many transformations there are.

That said, I hope to have smaller questlines where you stay transformed for short periods. This is all much further down the line though.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I'm liking this game
the art is good, animations very smooth, although simple
personal preference, I wish bit more happened in the animation since the text doesn't do as much for me
and I don't exactly like it being HP based, especially one of main characters, never been into HP, but again, just a personal thing
beside that, I also like the puzzle element, which even though not really challenging, still feels rewarding when you can solve it yourself
I hope the development goes smooth :D

4.60 star(s) 27 Votes