PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
Love the Boggart one!
Thanks! You can expect more of that style of scene in the future. I used a different kind of camera and a bunch of post processing effects to make it more filmic.
The only one I am finding myself having a hard time on is the herbology one. Can't understand what I need for it.
manscout wrote a very good hint above ^^

If you're still struggling the original post has a link to a guide.
Where could I find the download for version 0.25?
here

polygonjesus

Feb 21, 2020
Not sure if someone has asked yet but what is this type of game called?, would like to find more like it.

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
Not sure if someone has asked yet but what is this type of game called?, would like to find more like it.
The Point & Click tag is there, but I'm used to thinking of these types of games as Puzzle games. To me, PNC is an adventure game where you move around, but I guess the genre is broader than just adventure games.

Reactions: PinkFuton

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
Don't think there is there's enough games for it to be a genre yet.

Here are a few I know of (I've only played the akabur one though):
https://f95zone.to/threads/potion-shop-25-06-21-00eggplants.76330/
https://f95zone.to/threads/magicshop3d-early-access-firearmgames.89633/#post-6267912
There's also the original akabur magic shop game which I can't find a link to for some reason.

BuPa

Aug 21, 2017
I've seen the solution for the Floo powder recipe here in the thread, but I can't seem to find anything much (on the poster, at least) that would have led to it… Were we just supposed to mess around with the three powders because we knew we were ultimately making a powder?

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I've seen the solution for the Floo powder recipe here in the thread, but I can't seem to find anything much (on the poster, at least) that would have led to it… Were we just supposed to mess around with the three powders because we knew we were ultimately making a powder?
It had to do with the "umber" color the flyer mentioned, had to look up how it works but the first results did the colors in a certain order that matched the game's solution, so I will assume that's the standard way painters produce an umber color.

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021

There's a public demo out now on the patreon. I realise this is a bit redundant to advertise a demo on a piracy forum but maybe you want to recommend the game to your friends. Because friends recommend hentai games to each other in real life. It happens all the time!

But on a more serious note it's part of wider push by me to get more people at least aware of the game.

Maybe...? I'm downloading it now to check. What's confusing me is the screenshots in that thread don't look like what I remember them looking like, also the thread only has 2 pages which I also remember it being a lot more popular than that.

Yup that's the one! thanks. Fairly basic but I found it a lot of fun back in the day.
See below
It had to do with the "umber" color the flyer mentioned, had to look up how it works but the first results did the colors in a certain order that matched the game's solution, so I will assume that's the standard way painters produce an umber color.
Yup I was hoping people would realise they needed to stick to the powders and that it would be 1 of each of them to make an umber colour.

I'm not happy with it though, I think BuPa's confusion is the norm and it feels a bit cheap to just expect people to trail and error their way to it (I already did that once with the breast expansion potion). I'll change the hint to something else, and maybe the recipe too.

Last edited:

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
I just wondering what the dev have in mind for the futur of the game
Roughly the plan is:
  1. Add a journal and save system (should be ready for the coming update)
  2. Start adding scene variants and combination scenes (After you have made a potion, the journal will show you if there are any variants or combinations you can make with that potion).
  3. Use the assets from this game to make a proper hogwarts game with slow-burn corruption (already making this, but takes a lot of time)
  4. Eventually end 'The Potion Room' development to focus entirely on the new game. (might be a couple of months from now or a lot longer depending on how things go)
If your question was more about the content of the game: More sex, more characters.

Aug 15, 2017
Roughly the plan is:
  2. Start adding scene variants and combination scenes (After you have made a potion, the journal will show you if there are any variants or combinations you can make with that potion).
  3. Use the assets from this game to make a proper hogwarts game with slow-burn corruption (already making this, but takes a lot of time)
  4. Eventually end 'The Potion Room' development to focus entirely on the new game. (might be a couple of months from now or a lot longer depending on how things go)
If your question was more about the content of the game: More sex, more characters.
Is it possible to add a kind of gallery or checklist? To see what kind of scenes are allready done?

ElectricArc

Nov 29, 2018
So the talk about modding kinda got me thinking, the game Dev said they probably wont be adding in persistent transformations, i figured id add them myself lol!

so eat your heart out because thats exactly what i wanted too.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I also added in the failed cauldron effects, the Ahegao, flying cumshot, masurbation, and expansion effects. But i was only able to replace the existing textures, not create anything new, so right from the start of the game you will be Ginny and any effects i didn't add will revert back to Hermione, for example i haven't created one for the bimbo potion.

To install this mod download the attached sharedassets0.zip, extract and replace it with the one under \gameroot\The Potion Room_Data

And if anyone wants to try their hand at modding in their own textures download the UABE tool

Use it to open the resources.assets file in the game data file (same place you replaced the other assets file at) a window will pop up saying it doesnt recognize the version, just scroll to the bottom and select the last 2019build, and then you should see a list of all the assets in the game. I filter by name first, then filter by type to find the Texture2D files. once you select a file you want to click the plugins button on the side if you want to export the file, or if you want to replace it.

Replacing is super easy, once you click plugins, just hit the edit button and in the window that pops up click "load" at the bottom, then add the edited sprite you want. After that just click ok and from there you can file>save the new assets file right to your data folder. (make a backup of sharedassets0.assets first as you cant write to the same file you have opened)

honestly the UABE tool kinda sucks for extracting so i used the Unity Asset Studio as its much easier for finding and extracting the sprites you want to edit.

Also since this will obviously break on the next update i will attach a zip with the sprites that i edited so they should theoretically be able to be added to any future version so long and the Dev doesn't rename them or change them in any way.

[EDIT 07Aug2021:] Updated mod for v0.30. I've fixed a few very small issues i had with the sprites being inconsistent between scenes and also added two of the new scenes. Death Eater BJ and the Floo scene. Remember to install the mod just extract the assets file from the zip and replace it over the one in the data folder.
The mod Ginny Assets.zip file are just the raw sprites if anyone would like to do anything with them, or if i stop updating you can use them to patch a future version yourself.
Any chance that you will add an option to change between characters? That way you won’t need to different downloads?

Reactions: leechurch

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
Roughly the plan is:
YUS! Combo scenes FTW! But seriously, game definitely needs that, if the Ginny mod is any indication. But I guess the real question one should ask whether a text/story generator will eventually be added. Quite likely not possible, but having the same scene every time (or variations thereof when combo scenes eventually added) would likely get tedious, although I guess this would to some degree be mitigated by corruption storyline. I guess this is the sort of suggestion that would perhaps be best added last...

4.60 star(s) 27 Votes