Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
The multiples balancer is a bit of a headache. 10x currently does exactly what happens if you press 10 times 1x. First click balances, other 9 add, resulting in some weird outcome. Don't want to rewrite it entirely for 10x, maybe I can mitigate the first click effect when 10x mode is on. Will open a CRQ as it is somewhat annoying
Just check for the click effect first (if it's balancing, adding, or replacing), and only take 10x into account if it's an adding click.

I forgot one more annoyance:
  • if you craft several items at once according to a recipe (known or unknown to you, doesn't matter), they're always identical. Replace the five consecutive messages saying "You crafted a bomb" with one message saying "You crafted 5 bombs". Random craftings do not work this way, so they have to stay as they are because they can produce a number of different items. Maybe you could replace it with a single message saying "You crafted a silver nail, an iron bar, and two lavender soaps", but it might be more work than it's worth. The recipe craftings, however, are predictable and easy to announce in a less obtrusive way.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Just check for the click effect first (if it's balancing, adding, or replacing), and only take 10x into account if it's an adding click.

I forgot one more annoyance:
  • if you craft several items at once according to a recipe (known or unknown to you, doesn't matter), they're always identical. Replace the five consecutive messages saying "You crafted a bomb" with one message saying "You crafted 5 bombs". Random craftings do not work this way, so they have to stay as they are because they can produce a number of different items. Maybe you could replace it with a single message saying "You crafted a silver nail, an iron bar, and two lavender soaps", but it might be more work than it's worth. The recipe craftings, however, are predictable and easy to announce in a less obtrusive way.
The batch crafting is already implemented in V0.6:
1663156036207.png
The 10x balancing I added to the V0.7 feature list, possibly with simplified mechanics..

Last edited:

mspman

Jul 6, 2017
G is green, the Crystal of Sublimation (the one you use to make spectral bombs and diamond rings).
O is orange/amber, the Crystal of Scrying (the one you use on the mirror).
P is purple/pink, the Crystal of Exchange (the one you use for most item upgrades).
And Crystal of Value is B for blue (the one you use with expensive loot to get more gold for it).
Thank You

Arfido

Sep 29, 2019
im embarresed to ask but ive tired every combinatin of codes that look like the belt inscryption, even tried to calcutale the roman equivalents, can someone tell me what the beslt says? OOF

linus.quotes

Aug 27, 2021
im embarresed to ask but ive tired every combinatin of codes that look like the belt inscryption, even tried to calcutale the roman equivalents, can someone tell me what the beslt says? OOF
When you first come to the princess and check her belt the combination showed is: XLIV-XCIX, but when you gotta tell the magician girl about it you should only type the letters, not the "-", so it is XLIVXCIX.

Reactions: Arfido

Sp3

Feb 12, 2018
I can't get the portal working I have the gems it just isn't working
Did you pay off your debt? Did you put those gems in the correct order (there's a hint in the writing on the wall and gems scattered on the portal room background, left to right)? If yes to both might be the same issue I had, which was solved by starting anew and not messing with the portal until you're ready to receive the thief apprentice.

abodm3h

Sep 23, 2017
Glad you enjoyed the game.
  • the time consumption in the laterpart of the game I didn't implement consistently indeed. Will put it in the cleanup queue for V0.7 (which I'm working on at the moment)
  • The portal minigame will become much more engaging from V0.6 (AI counter attacks, strategic buffs, ...). V0.5.1 was, if you will, a proof of concept for the portal game
  • The multiples balancer is a bit of a headache. 10x currently does exactly what happens if you press 10 times 1x. First click balances, other 9 add, resulting in some weird outcome. Don't want to rewrite it entirely for 10x, maybe I can mitigate the first click effect when 10x mode is on. Will open a CRQ as it is somewhat annoying
  • Regarding the training room, I decided to limit its use more in favour of some lighthearted BDSM, as quite a bunch of people would be put off by real BDSM stuff and patreon guidelines don't allow for it.
    For that reason I also made the entire PET/SUB arc purely optional for Irith, without which you can still complete the game (will lead to an alternate ending option though). Maybe I can add something in that light spirit for Gwynn or Nyx.
    Or I will move the more hard stuff to The Institute location ("off screen"), but offer it as a download offsite
In any case, with V0.7 in October the first ending will be in the Game. Then V0.8 and V0.9 for alternates and polish until year end while I set up my next Game (sci fi themed) for January.
Please don’t stop and work only on the endings, your game is amazing and it have a lot of potential and it can expand exponentially, hope your new project is as amazing as this one and even better, but please don’t stop this one, u can add in between, add more characters, more optional preferences

Reactions: yv0751

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Please don’t stop and work only on the endings, your game is amazing and it have a lot of potential and it can expand exponentially, hope your new project is as amazing as this one and even better, but please don’t stop this one, u can add in between, add more characters, more optional preferences
Glad you enjoy the game!
Good point regarding extension vs. new game. I will probably put that up for vote on patreon and see how the poll goes. If there is an overwhelming majority for continuation, i will think about such expansion content vs. ending the game.

Reactions: JohnF95zone

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
That's the thing, I have filled only near half of the gallery, and kinda have no idea what I'm missing, you know? =\
The walkthrough in the OP should lead to all game relevant ones.
Hints for Optional/bonus: (a) chat with Irith when she looks out of the window or into her mirror (raise her SUB before), (b) use a honey soap in the bath with her, (c) visit her at 15:00 when she should be in the cage...

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Version 0.6 of The Princess And The Tower has been released on Patreon!

promo v06.png

This is by far the biggest update content wise yet.

If you want to support the further development of the game, you can head over to and check it out.

Main New Features V0.6

• Story Development: A New Masterplan (Endgame Lead-In)
  • Board Game: Queen A.I. Attack Starts
  • New character (Gwynn)
  • New Research Tree (Outfits, Items, Game play, ...)
  • Dress-Up Screens for Nyx and Gwynn (new outfits & accessories)
  • New Mini game Boss Level
  • Cut scenes: Interaction with Irith (Belt) - Continued
  • Cut scenes: Training of Nyx - Continued
  • Cut scenes: Training of Gwynn - Phase I
  • Balancing and QoL changes
  • Jump Start "Act III"
  • Expanded gallery
Public release will be around mid of October.

riichidesu

Sep 25, 2021
Although I have mixed feelings with taking Irith to the brothel for activities(I just feel that all the time and gold that take to train her is waste letting other people to use her) I still think that the MC should at least get a part of the profits, like Irith is there for a couple of hours attending clients making money for the brothel and then when the MC goes to retrieve her nothing, no even a gold coin

Aug 26, 2022
Only stumbled on this gem last week and I love it. Nice to see there's a new update already and it's almost complete. Just enough grind to keep me interested for the rewards, but if you do it smart you can pay your debts and accumulate money pretty fast. Well done for making something unique which is an actual game that keeps me interested.

Thanks for keeping it a reasonable tier to download. 7 bucks. Sorry, I'm saving for a wood stove and air conditioning for next year or I'd be more generous.

Last edited:
Reactions: yv0751

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Although I have mixed feelings with taking Irith to the brothel for activities(I just feel that all the time and gold that take to train her is waste letting other people to use her) I still think that the MC should at least get a part of the profits, like Irith is there for a couple of hours attending clients making money for the brothel and then when the MC goes to retrieve her nothing, no even a gold coin
i had a similar feeling when writing this part.

Essentially Irith just wants to go there because she saw Nyx did it and she can't stand not having been there, too.

Didn't want to move that into a full on brothel manager style thing or NTR.

Maybe I make that clearer in the dialogue.

projman

Jun 6, 2017
Is there a way to make gold bars and honey soap? I don't see either of the "recipes" for those items. Tried some random stuff, but none of it worked either.

riichidesu

Sep 25, 2021
i had a similar feeling when writing this part.

Essentially Irith just wants to go there because she saw Nyx did it and she can't stand not having been there, too.

Didn't want to move that into a full on brothel manager style thing or NTR.

Maybe I make that clearer in the dialogue.
The dialogue is pretty subtle, I did not catch that she in fact did more that "welcoming" the clients after noticing that the shallowed stat increase after the visit

riichidesu

Sep 25, 2021
Is there a way to make gold bars and honey soap? I don't see either of the "recipes" for those items. Tried some random stuff, but none of it worked either.
Gold bar is by converting 10x silver bars, I don't think honey soap has a static recipe, I just got it using the ones that give you random items just reverting until I got the sopa

Reactions: projman

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Gold bar is by converting 10x silver bars, I don't think honey soap has a static recipe, I just got it using the ones that give you random items just reverting until I got the sopa
The clutter like soap can only be rando rolled. In V0.6 there is a hidden rando item every day if you click on the barrel in the cellar. In V0.5.1 it needs to be a lucky roll in the chest (I think the "back" button works there to retry)

Reactions: projman
3.90 star(s) 52 Votes