DSalamanderD

Jul 18, 2017
I found massivelly annoying those minigames. They are boring, repetitive and frankly trashy. They hold literally no purpose except to annoy people who play this game.

linus.quotes

Aug 27, 2021
Yeah it's tricky. Click on "Use item" and select a lockpick. This will open the dialogue and let you examine the belt.
I'm trying to do that but the girls keeps on saying that she'll only let the mc check her belt when he gives her money... It's really necessary getting 100k gold? =\

Sp3

Feb 12, 2018
I'm trying to do that but the girls keeps on saying that she'll only let the mc check her belt when he gives her money... It's really necessary getting 100k gold? =\
Yeah (and you won't be able to get it off properly even then lol). Grind be grind.

But even on normal it's not that hard if you use transmutation, for example iron bars + pink gems gives you silver rings, silver rings + pink gems gives you gold rings, gold rings + green gems gives you diamond rings, diamond rings (or gold rings if you lack green gems, though the payout is worse) + blue gems gives you a lot of gold. Try to do it in multipliers of 10 for better results and speed. Ten pieces of some resources (wood, metal, nails, etc) transmuted without a second ingredient give you one piece of superior quality and price. Transmute stacks of those any generic loot you don't need, and really anything of good value with blue gems to get more gold.

It's easy to pay off the debt in a few days (especially if you get a lot of blue slimes and consequentially treasure rooms on the first level) without accruing any interest once you figure how things work, and Irith's own sum wouldn't be as daunting as you level. Depending on how you roll the portal game field you might find chests with 10+k gold, but you'll also bleed a lot of gems expanding (or more likely repeatedly failing to) aggressively.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah (and you won't be able to get it off properly even then lol). Grind be grind.

But even on normal it's not that hard if you use transmutation, for example iron bars + pink gems gives you silver rings, silver rings + pink gems gives you gold rings, gold rings + green gems gives you diamond rings, diamond rings (or gold rings if you lack green gems, though the payout is worse) + blue gems gives you a lot of gold. Try to do it in multipliers of 10 for better results and speed. Ten pieces of some resources (wood, metal, nails, etc) transmuted without a second ingredient give you one piece of superior quality and price. Transmute stacks of those any generic loot you don't need, and really anything of good value with blue gems to get more gold.

It's easy to pay off the debt in a few days (especially if you get a lot of blue slimes and consequentially treasure rooms on the first level) without accruing any interest once you figure how things work, and Irith's own sum wouldn't be as daunting as you level. Depending on how you roll the portal game field you might find chests with 10+k gold, but you'll also bleed a lot of gems expanding (or more likely repeatedly failing to) aggressively.
Great summary on how to acquire golds, and they matched exactly what I had discovered (only at Day 12 currently). The multipliers of 10 crafting and stacking of 10 regular resources I did not know that, thanks for that(y). Instead, I quick save load cheat using the pink gem + regular item to get highly valueable random item and keep that, if not then quick load:ROFLMAO::p. At Day 12, I am just 6K short of paying off the Thief Guild debt, 90K off for the Princess though. Hopefully can settle the Thief Guild debt by end of Day 13 or at latest Day 14, to avoid any interest at all.

Good to know about the portal can gives a lot more golds/resources. I have not activated it yet. Cheers.

Reactions: Sp3

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I finally got around the problem by starting anew (deleting appdata saves, unpacking the game into a new folder, if that matters) and after opening the portal room I didn't use gems to light it up immediately as I done before but waited until I paid off the debt, and the button was where it should be this time.
If I may offer a preventive solution for potential reoccurrence of this issue, you should make portal activation action (putting gems in) available only when you get rid of the debt and are ready to receive Nyx. There are lines about you receiving instructions about portal operation from the guild at that point, so it only makes sense, and saves you the scrolls you'd waste otherwise.

I have other suggestions, if you'd like them:
Give a more obvious hint in-game that there's some reward for bringing a large sum up in one go (I discovered the reward accidentally, but some might miss it if they give her less than 5001 gold all the way, or save up until they have full sum ready, because IIRC you don't get a reward for the last haul, even if you bring her hundred grand at once). When she sends you down initially, and when she throws you out of her room in the morning would be a good place for a reminder.
Extending the 18:00 events to 19:00 or ending the portal minigame & Nyx looting at 18:00 might also be a good idea.

Other than that, gotta say you've done a pretty stellar job. The models are great, the game's pretty well put together, I've yet to figure out how to bring Nyx to brothel but other than that portal problem I didn't need the guide at all (but it's good that you made it). Oh, and portal game is a slog, and after you take all free squares seeing the numbers rise behind the barrier is a bit disheartening. I've done it once, but I really hope you'd make a "start from act 3" with it fully conquered.
Glad the issue somehow resolved and that you could ultimately enjoy the game!

I will review the triggers, when I do the V0.7 development & testing. I would assume its not a block but just some condition I know but some users may not think of and get stuck

As to the suggestions:
  • Hallway Reward: Will add a comment on special rewards once her slu level is high enough. Also added the 100k reached award in V0.6+
  • Portal Opening: I wanted to show some "consequences" of the MC opening the portal rashly & prematurely, thus need to keep the charging up but still struggle on to pay the guild and finally unlock Nyx and utilize the portal. Maybe I can frame this more cleverly in V0.7+
  • Portal game: In V0.5.1 its an early version. Will become much mor involving in V0.6+, when the AI controlled Queen attacks start, Gwynn can research some new defense and attack buffs and you will get action scrolls to craft that give additional moves
  • V0.6 was release today on Patreon and will go public around mid October
Another hint: Opening the portal (or expanding it beyond the shop and the tavern) before you have paid off Irith is not recommended as you will burn gems like crazy, which could otherwise get 5-10k in earnings per day.

y.v.

projman

Jun 6, 2017
ok next problem,.. is there a way to get the nipple rings for irith? or is that next version
and
edit: looking through the walkthrough nyx should be able to go to the brothel.... but i cant get her there... what am i missing? (solved)
What was the solution?

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Its like in real life ;)
Kidding aside, when you use the chest to craft and have nyx explore and stay off the board (not to waste gems) youll make around 10k oper day on nrmal 20k on easy. that should take care of the debt quickly

Reactions: linus.quotes

Sp3

Feb 12, 2018
Portal game: In V0.5.1 its an early version. Will become much mor involving in V0.6+, when the AI controlled Queen attacks start, Gwynn can research some new defense and attack buffs and you will get action scrolls to craft that give additional moves
Anything to spice it up. As it is you just throw hundreds of gems down the gutter until, in-game months later, you finally hit the wall and just watch the enemy numbers climb up.
Another hint: Opening the portal (or expanding it beyond the shop and the tavern) before you have paid off Irith is not recommended as you will burn gems like crazy, which could otherwise get 5-10k in earnings per day.
OTOH you won't have to do the dungeon run personally since you have Nyx to do it (and morning routine to shave even more time since you can gain more favour with diamond rings and gold) for you, which really speeds things up real time-wise, even if you don't do anything about the portal.

Reactions: Tamerlane007

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
Honestly one of the best games I played here. Interesting characters, captivating story, non-trivial minigames, a number of different rooms, sandbox... Keep up the good work.

I wouldn't be myself if this post was praise only, however. There are a few rough edges:
  • the minigames do get repetitive after a short while. I know some of them can be skipped or handed to other persons (like the dungeons to Nyx), but those you cannot avoid become boring quickly;
  • the rooms' potential seems to be underused, for example I would like to be able to call Nyx or Gwynn to the training room, Gwynn could be in the arcane room more often, etc.;
  • some interactions consume time and some don't, but it's a bit inconsistent. You can leash the princess and get her through the portal to the brothel while talking to Madam for a while with no time passing, yet you go to your room to tell Nyx "Go work in the tavern" and bah! an hour has passed;
  • the chest's balancer works great, with a single exception: if you're in the 10x mode.
But these are all nuisances, not show-stoppers. Trust me, it's really one of the best games I found here. I hope you manage to finish it, too: the hints on how the story is going to unfold show that you know where you want to go, so please don't stop before you get there.

Fingers crossed!

mspman

Jul 6, 2017
help
I so HATE puzzles with colors.

I am trying to get Gwynn and it is supposed to be GOP
I have an amber (green) I have Purple I have pink (which looks green) and I have blue.
How the hell is one of them an O?
I tried amber next everything next Purple nothing at 19oo of course. so it was like
Amber Blue Purple or Amber Purple Purple or Amber Pink Purple.
This does not make sense to me.

Sp3

Feb 12, 2018
help
I so HATE puzzles with colors.

I am trying to get Gwynn and it is supposed to be GOP
I have an amber (green) I have Purple I have pink (which looks green) and I have blue.
How the hell is one of them an O?
I tried amber next everything next Purple nothing at 19oo of course. so it was like
Amber Blue Purple or Amber Purple Purple or Amber Pink Purple.
This does not make sense to me.
G is green, the Crystal of Sublimation (the one you use to make spectral bombs and diamond rings).
O is orange/amber, the Crystal of Scrying (the one you use on the mirror).
P is purple/pink, the Crystal of Exchange (the one you use for most item upgrades).
And Crystal of Value is B for blue (the one you use with expensive loot to get more gold for it).

Reactions: mspman

linus.quotes

Aug 27, 2021
Hi everyone! How to get Nyx to go to the brothel? And does anyone have a kind of guide to see all current available scenes?

linus.quotes

Aug 27, 2021
how to use pink buttplug on princess? I gift it to her but nothing happen
First you have to fullfill the "100k gold given to the princess task", then she'll let you investigate het belt, so after that you have to talk to the magician girl to find out about the magical combinations to unlock the belt, after the second combination is done she'll use the pink plug

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Honestly one of the best games I played here. Interesting characters, captivating story, non-trivial minigames, a number of different rooms, sandbox... Keep up the good work.

I wouldn't be myself if this post was praise only, however. There are a few rough edges:
  • the minigames do get repetitive after a short while. I know some of them can be skipped or handed to other persons (like the dungeons to Nyx), but those you cannot avoid become boring quickly;
  • the rooms' potential seems to be underused, for example I would like to be able to call Nyx or Gwynn to the training room, Gwynn could be in the arcane room more often, etc.;
  • some interactions consume time and some don't, but it's a bit inconsistent. You can leash the princess and get her through the portal to the brothel while talking to Madam for a while with no time passing, yet you go to your room to tell Nyx "Go work in the tavern" and bah! an hour has passed;
  • the chest's balancer works great, with a single exception: if you're in the 10x mode.
But these are all nuisances, not show-stoppers. Trust me, it's really one of the best games I found here. I hope you manage to finish it, too: the hints on how the story is going to unfold show that you know where you want to go, so please don't stop before you get there.

Fingers crossed!
Glad you enjoyed the game.
  • the time consumption in the laterpart of the game I didn't implement consistently indeed. Will put it in the cleanup queue for V0.7 (which I'm working on at the moment)
  • The portal minigame will become much more engaging from V0.6 (AI counter attacks, strategic buffs, ...). V0.5.1 was, if you will, a proof of concept for the portal game
  • The multiples balancer is a bit of a headache. 10x currently does exactly what happens if you press 10 times 1x. First click balances, other 9 add, resulting in some weird outcome. Don't want to rewrite it entirely for 10x, maybe I can mitigate the first click effect when 10x mode is on. Will open a CRQ as it is somewhat annoying
  • Regarding the training room, I decided to limit its use more in favour of some lighthearted BDSM, as quite a bunch of people would be put off by real BDSM stuff and patreon guidelines don't allow for it.
    For that reason I also made the entire PET/SUB arc purely optional for Irith, without which you can still complete the game (will lead to an alternate ending option though). Maybe I can add something in that light spirit for Gwynn or Nyx.
    Or I will move the more hard stuff to The Institute location ("off screen"), but offer it as a download offsite
In any case, with V0.7 in October the first ending will be in the Game. Then V0.8 and V0.9 for alternates and polish until year end while I set up my next Game (sci fi themed) for January.

Reactions: Skipper24

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Hi everyone! How to get Nyx to go to the brothel? And does anyone have a kind of guide to see all current available scenes?
If you have the entire gallery page filled, you have seen more or less all scenes in V0.5.1

3.90 star(s) 52 Votes