rdblev

Mar 16, 2018
I can't get the hallway scene triggered by giving the princess >$5000 because I had already given the princess the money she requested and she no longer waits for me to come up the stairs. I tried giving it to her in her room but that doesn't work. Any way to still get that scene?

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I can't get the hallway scene triggered by giving the princess >$5000 because I had already given the princess the money she requested and she no longer waits for me to come up the stairs. I tried giving it to her in her room but that doesn't work. Any way to still get that scene?
Sorry, thats an oversight in V0.5.1 which blocks the hallway scene. Fixed in the next version.
Workaround: take away money from irith with the console and give it again with the ladder method.

Console: "irith.money -= xxxxx"

Last edited:

Sp3

Feb 12, 2018
So what exactly do you need to do to make use of the the portal or advance the plot by any other means after you put three gems in place?
I exhausted all available research and queen talk options, repaired the torture room, I waste scrolls on the bloody thing daily, or don't and get the game over, but still can't advance. It's the fifth time I restart and I'm long past the point of finding the bloody grind enjoyable.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
So what exactly do you need to do to make use of the the portal or advance the plot by any other means after you put three gems in place?
I exhausted all available research and queen talk options, repaired the torture room, I waste scrolls on the bloody thing daily, or don't and get the game over, but still can't advance. It's the fifth time I restart and I'm long past the point of finding the bloody grind enjoyable.
There's a walkthrough in the OP. That should explain it.

In future versions (V0.7) there will also be a quest/hint system in place to avoid players getting lost, which I gather from this question still happens.
Should be a motivating experience and not a frustrating one, after all.

Sp3

Feb 12, 2018
There's a walkthrough in the OP. That should explain it.

In future versions (V0.7) there will also be a quest/hint system in place to avoid players getting lost, which I gather from this question still happens.
Should be a motivating experience and not a frustrating one, after all.
I read it already, but still don't get what I'm doing wrong there. I've researched all there was to research, activated the portal, talked with the queen until the toy subject came up, went back to the books, not that they give me anything new, and all other avenues apparently also hinge on the portal working properly.

It's not the matter of being too lazy or stupid to figure things out for oneself, but some very awkwardly placed trigger that most people don't notice, but I, and reading back some other people keep missing due to the order we keep doing things in.
Not being a developer I do not have a clue what it is - maybe you can't touch the research button until you talk about everything with the queen, maybe it happens when you activate the portal at the wrong time, maybe something else, but you really should look into that and fix it.

Reactions: allintine

Tamerlane007

Aug 24, 2022
I read it already, but still don't get what I'm doing wrong there. I've researched all there was to research, activated the portal, talked with the queen until the toy subject came up, went back to the books, not that they give me anything new, and all other avenues apparently also hinge on the portal working properly.

It's not the matter of being too lazy or stupid to figure things out for oneself, but some very awkwardly placed trigger that most people don't notice, but I, and reading back some other people keep missing due to the order we keep doing things in.
Not being a developer I do not have a clue what it is - maybe you can't touch the research button until you talk about everything with the queen, maybe it happens when you activate the portal at the wrong time, maybe something else, but you really should look into that and fix it.
I'm just a player and can sympathize, having been stuck several times in this overall very enjoyable game. The hints system is lacking indeed, but let me try :)
You already activated the portal, but did you summon Nyx? I guess you collected the money for the thieves' guild (?) Did you level Irith's stats?

Reactions: Sp3

Sp3

Feb 12, 2018
I'm just a player and can sympathize, having been stuck several times in this overall very enjoyable game. The hints system is lacking indeed, but let me try :)
You already activated the portal, but did you summon Nyx? I guess you collected the money for the thieves' guild (?) Did you level Irith's stats?
Thanks! Of course I've trained Irith (though most times activated the portal long before I really raised anything but mood (which promptly goes back down so it's meaningless to raise it before), because knocking down debt to something manageable took priority, and I do portal and torture chamber long before that as well, because it doesn't demand nearly as much grind), paid off the guild, I doubt the issue lies there - and walkthrough doesn't mention either as prerequisites for portal defence, anyway, but might as well try to do all that training and grind a bunch before the portal, if only to have saves to restart from.

I think the problem rests somewhere around the trigger for “Defend Portal” option: either you shouldn't activate the portal in some specific conditions that I keep reenacting, shouldn't read about portal defence until you do everything else as otherwise it gets marked as read in the research topics but doesn't get you Defend Portal option, or you shouldn't experiment with crafting until you get all recipes from the books, or you should hold off activating the portal until you get and do everything that you can do without it done.
Least that's what I'm going to try on my fifth try (paying off while still saving something for gifts and training yet AGAIN and without advanced crafting this time's gonna be a pain in the ass, but what can you do, using rollback is as far as I'm willing to go, QoL-wise).

Anyway, the most annoying bit about it is not that it's unintuitive, but that all your grind is wasted over it, and I've yet to figure what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:

Tamerlane007

Aug 24, 2022
Thanks! Of course I've trained Irith (though most times activated the portal long before I really raised anything but mood (which promptly goes back down so it's meaningless to raise it before), because knocking down debt to something manageable took priority, and I do portal and torture chamber long before that as well, because it doesn't demand nearly as much grind), paid off the guild, I doubt the issue lies there - and walkthrough doesn't mention either as prerequisites for portal defence, anyway, but might as well try to do all that training and grind a bunch before the portal, if only to have saves to restart from.

I think problem rests somewhere around the trigger for “Defend Portal” option: either you shouldn't activate the portal in some specific conditions that I keep reenacting, shouldn't read about portal defence until you do everything else as otherwise it gets marked as read in the research topics but doesn't get you Defend Portal option, or you shouldn't experiment with crafting until you get all recipes from the books, or you should hold off activating the portal until you get and do everything that you can do without it done.
Least that's what I'm going to try on my fifth try (paying off while still saving something for gifts and training yet AGAIN and without advanced crafting this time's gonna be a pain in the ass, but what can you do, using rollback is as far as I'm willing to go, QoL-wise).

Anyway, the most annoying bit about it is not that it's unintuitive, but that all your grind is wasted over it, and I've yet to figure what I'm doing wrong.
Well, I played the game 4 times throughout (3 times v.05 and once v.05.1) and had some trouble too. The first run went well even though I didn't find out how to discipline and train Nyx, the second time I had trouble with Irith's training (the game doesn't mention that you have to win 2 SUB points for 3 different "memory" mini-games) so I restarted and used the chapter 2 start which I suggest you try too. It avoids much of the grinding, levels Irithi's stats (SUB and SLU) to 10, the guild's money has been paid off and the portal is open. Just summon Nyx etc. You may have triggered something in the early stages. The crafting part shouldn't be the cause though; you can't craft magical bombs before the queen explains how to craft them but all other recipes can be found either by using research or by try and error. Both methods worked fine by me.
BTW: I played on a PC, the v.05 online through 2 adult sites and v.05.1 by downloading the game from this message board (see page 1) and playing offline which worked flawlessly.
Good luck!

Tamerlane007

Aug 24, 2022
How can I activate the portal for Gwynn? do I have to disable the portal?
Not at all. The portal must be activated first. The "code" to transport Gwynn is mentioned in the letter you received from de thieves guild's raven: GPG. While inside the portal room, click on "use portal" and then place the 3 crystals inside the 3 squares.

Sp3

Feb 12, 2018
Well, I played the game 4 times throughout (3 times v.05 and once v.05.1) and had some trouble too. The first run went well even though I didn't find out how to discipline and train Nyx, the second time I had trouble with Irith's training (the game doesn't mention that you have to win 2 SUB points for 3 different "memory" mini-games) so I restarted and used the chapter 2 start which I suggest you try too. It avoids much of the grinding, levels Irithi's stats (SUB and SLU) to 10, the guild's money has been paid off and the portal is open. Just summon Nyx etc. You may have triggered something in the early stages. The crafting part shouldn't be the cause though; you can't craft magical bombs before the queen explains how to craft them but all other recipes can be found either by using research or by try and error. Both methods worked fine by me.
BTW: I played on a PC, the v.05 online through 2 adult sites and v.05.1 by downloading the game from this message board (see page 1) and playing offline which worked flawlessly.
Good luck!
Well, on my end it was pretty smooth sailing until this portal problem. What little that wasn't explained right away I just threw things at the wall until something worked.

Alright, so, I'm still not sure exactly where I repeatedly messed up, but for anyone else's having that problem after they did everything else they could at that stage in the tower, not activating (as in, lighting up gems) the portal until you hit act II did it for me. Just pay up the debt and train the princess until you're allowed to summon the henchthief and save yourself the scrolls you'd otherwise have to spend on keeping its defences up until you can make use of it.

Tamerlane007

Aug 24, 2022
How can I activate the portal for Gwynn? do I have to disable the portal?
Mmh... Sorry. Looks like I was confused. It's past midnight here... I'd better get some sleep :-(
Gwynn is the witch. You should solve the first unlock sequence of the princess' girdle. When this is done, Gwynn will ask you to activate the portal with GOP at 19h00. Don' even try to deactivate the portal first; I doubt it's even possible. Instead, use the 3 crystals just as you used the 3 crystals to transport Nyx.

Hardlove123

Oct 7, 2017
How do you get nyx to go to the brothel after you unlock it? if its how many times she worked at the tavern for me its 15 time

3.90 star(s) 52 Votes