skydyvr

Aug 29, 2018
I'm thinking the 0.51a download isn't actually 0.51a.... no gallery, no hallway reward, no Gwen arrival, belt unlock or dancing outfit for Nyx...

Yeah, it's V0.5... think it was the workupload link.

deppenjaeger

May 23, 2017
ok whats the trick with the belt?
i have inspected the belt and the combination shown is XLIV-XCIX
but regardless of what i do,.. Gwyn alwys says.. take another look thats wrong

laladon

Aug 24, 2016
ok whats the trick with the belt?
i have inspected the belt and the combination shown is XLIV-XCIX
but regardless of what i do,.. Gwyn alwys says.. take another look thats wrong
i asked this 2 sides before .... btw
XLIV-XCIX = XLIVXCIX = profit

deppenjaeger

May 23, 2017
i asked this 2 sides before .... btw
XLIV-XCIX = XLIVXCIX = profit
tried that... it didnt work either...
just so there is nothing wrong.. the 3rd and 7th letter als large i and not small L right?

edit: after 5days and some reloading it did work... thx everyone

deppenjaeger

May 23, 2017
ok next problem,.. is there a way to get the nipple rings for irith? or is that next version
and
edit: looking through the walkthrough nyx should be able to go to the brothel.... but i cant get her there... what am i missing? (solved)

Last edited:

Sp3

Feb 12, 2018
How to get the pink buttplug
It's sold at the shop (for gold & purple glitter bottle) after you offer Irith a normal one and she asks for pink, but either not every day, or requires some headway made in Irith's training or something else.

Just continue playing and keep visiting the shop and you'll see it.

oni_ddr

Jan 29, 2018
It may be just me, but i really missed some conversation between the queen and the mc about her "unsightly hair" after she obeys the mc's order about it. At least one commentary should've been made, i guess.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
It may be just me, but i really missed some conversation between the queen and the mc about her "unsightly hair" after she obeys the mc's order about it. At least one commentary should've been made, i guess.
Good hint.
Collecting all comments now for the final release "polish". Added to dialogue revision queue

Reactions: allintine

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
ok next problem,.. is there a way to get the nipple rings for irith? or is that next version
and
edit: looking through the walkthrough nyx should be able to go to the brothel.... but i cant get her there... what am i missing? (solved)
The Nipple Rings: I noticed too late, that this would require changing all the Irith renders throughout the game.
I will add the option for a special dress up sequence (maybe when she is taken for a walk...) in V0.7

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I'm thinking the 0.51a download isn't actually 0.51a.... no gallery, no hallway reward, no Gwen arrival, belt unlock or dancing outfit for Nyx...

Yeah, it's V0.5... think it was the workupload link.
Hmmm.. Thx for pointing it out. Had a look into the links, they all seem to be the correct "...0.5.1a" files.
Maybe mods fixed it when the other links were auto added?

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I read it already, but still don't get what I'm doing wrong there. I've researched all there was to research, activated the portal, talked with the queen until the toy subject came up, went back to the books, not that they give me anything new, and all other avenues apparently also hinge on the portal working properly.

It's not the matter of being too lazy or stupid to figure things out for oneself, but some very awkwardly placed trigger that most people don't notice, but I, and reading back some other people keep missing due to the order we keep doing things in.
Not being a developer I do not have a clue what it is - maybe you can't touch the research button until you talk about everything with the queen, maybe it happens when you activate the portal at the wrong time, maybe something else, but you really should look into that and fix it.
I read it already, but still don't get what I'm doing wrong there. I've researched all there was to research, activated the portal, talked with the queen until the toy subject came up, went back to the books, not that they give me anything new, and all other avenues apparently also hinge on the portal working properly.

It's not the matter of being too lazy or stupid to figure things out for oneself, but some very awkwardly placed trigger that most people don't notice, but I, and reading back some other people keep missing due to the order we keep doing things in.
Not being a developer I do not have a clue what it is - maybe you can't touch the research button until you talk about everything with the queen, maybe it happens when you activate the portal at the wrong time, maybe something else, but you really should look into that and fix it.
Hmmm... Sounds odd enough to get to the bottom of this...
  1. I assume you play 0.5.1 (Start Renpy, on the main screen select "about" and check the version number)
  2. If 1.), then I assume you installed it into a new folder and not merged it into the 0.5 one
  3. If 2.), then it could be a corrupted savegame, if you didn't start a new game
  4. If 3.) ruled out, then (a) start a new game, (b) on the intro options screen select "From Act II". This should put you exactly to the point in the gameply you can't seem to pass. If you dont see the Act I, II, III options you're not playing 0.5.1
  5. If you did 4.) (a) and (b), then (c) go down the Portal room at 18:00, (d) apply Gree+Purple+Green with use Portal and it definitely will work
Let me know, which of the above was the root cause of the problems if you want to give it a try

Last edited:
Reactions: Sp3

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Took me quite some time too, even after checking your detailed (and overall very accurate) walkthrough.
Spoiler Alert...
First the magical code: while the belt shows XLIV-XCIX you need to drop the "-". Lost some time trying to substitute "T" with "I" as they are quite similar and Dwynn's comments aren't helpful.
Then the unlocking: I'm bad with colors so I have to rely on the crystal's descriptions which are blue, purple, pink and amber. No green or orange crystals. No big deal as you can use try and error but not helpful either. The minigame's description could be improved IMO. You need to use a lockpick in the room (Use item) in order to investigate the lock, then when the minigame starts, click on the empty square which opens your inventory and select a lockpick. This will close your inventory and the lockpick will now fill the (former) empty square. Now make sure that the bottom row, which is to the right of the "+" sign, shows the 4 crystals in the right order: Value, Value, Exchange, Scrying which can be obtained by using the JKLI keys and the spacebar. Then Open and enjoy...
Just my 2 cents. I enjoyed your game very much, in particular its concept and the cartoonish graphics. Keep up the good work :)
Good point on the crystals. I forgot that quite a few people have red/green or other color issues.
From V0.5.1 I changed the ingame hints. So so something like G+P+G is now SuExSu etc. which uses the crystals names instead of colors.

Reactions: Tamerlane007

Sangria

Mar 21, 2018
Do I need to start over or something? I downloaded workupload first and opened a door and as soon as I open it I get an error. Thinking it was probably a faulty link or something downloaded anonfiles and same thing happens.

Sp3

Feb 12, 2018
Hmmm... Sounds odd enough to get to the bottom of this...
  1. I assume you play 0.5.1 (Start Renpy, on the main screen select "about" and check the version number)
  2. If 1.), then I assume you installed it into a new folder and not merged it into the 0.5 one
  3. If 2.), then it could be a corrupted savegame, if you didn't start a new game
  4. If 3.) ruled out, then (a) start a new game, (b) on the intro options screen select "From Act II". This should put you exactly to the point in the gameply you can't seem to pass. If you dont see the Act I, II, III options you're not playing 0.5.1
  5. If you did 4.) (a) and (b), then (c) go down the Portal room at 18:00, (d) apply Gree+Purple+Green with use Portal and it definitely will work
Let me know, which of the above was the root cause of the problems if you want to give it a try
I finally got around the problem by starting anew (deleting appdata saves, unpacking the game into a new folder, if that matters) and after opening the portal room I didn't use gems to light it up immediately as I done before but waited until I paid off the debt, and the button was where it should be this time.
If I may offer a preventive solution for potential reoccurrence of this issue, you should make portal activation action (putting gems in) available only when you get rid of the debt and are ready to receive Nyx. There are lines about you receiving instructions about portal operation from the guild at that point, so it only makes sense, and saves you the scrolls you'd waste otherwise.

I have other suggestions, if you'd like them:
Give a more obvious hint in-game that there's some reward for bringing a large sum up in one go (I discovered the reward accidentally, but some might miss it if they give her less than 5001 gold all the way, or save up until they have full sum ready, because IIRC you don't get a reward for the last haul, even if you bring her hundred grand at once). When she sends you down initially, and when she throws you out of her room in the morning would be a good place for a reminder.
Extending the 18:00 events to 19:00 or ending the portal minigame & Nyx looting at 18:00 might also be a good idea.

Other than that, gotta say you've done a pretty stellar job. The models are great, the game's pretty well put together, I've yet to figure out how to bring Nyx to brothel but other than that portal problem I didn't need the guide at all (but it's good that you made it). Oh, and portal game is a slog, and after you take all free squares seeing the numbers rise behind the barrier is a bit disheartening. I've done it once, but I really hope you'd make a "start from act 3" with it fully conquered.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnF95zone
3.90 star(s) 52 Votes