MBL

Jan 12, 2018
'% 10' stands for 10. For modulo with divisor 10, you can just pick the last digit. 13 -> 3, 10 -> 0, etc. The prompt asking you to input the answer only allows a single digit, 0-9, that made me think of it, but I don't know if there was an explicit hint beyond that.
ow, wow! Good that you've found this. I don't think any hints where given earlier for this. So good catch! Thanks again :)

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Found the save! It's attached. I hope it will help (and not that I did something stupid :))
Thanks a lot!

I found the root cause.

It happens, when you activate the mirror for the first time _and_ then bail out with "exit" without talking to illiana first.
That behaviour should of course not have an impact. I overlooked it when I refactored the entire quest system with V0.7

99% of players probably never run into it as they are eager to talk to illiana rather than exiting the dialogue.

Will fix it for 0.9b final.

Also added a patch if you want to continue from your save game and not lose your hard earned items.

1. Drop the file into folder .../game/400_interactions, confirm overwrite, relaunch the game and load your save.
  2. Next interaction with the mirror should trigger the introduction of illiana and the dungeon key quest.

Thanks again for the save!

y.v.

Last edited:
Reactions: Test279 and MBL

affen123

Oct 6, 2017
Too bad I can't rate it (for whatever reason) but I have to tell you I absolutely love this idea and I am aware that it will take some time until the game is complete but I still have to say the criticism point I would like to see more pet possibilities and a few other things.

Will when it runs better with me this year you also Supporten....

If the English was bad I'm sorry I'm drunk and use a translator.

Reactions: yv0751

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Too bad I can't rate it (for whatever reason) but I have to tell you I absolutely love this idea and I am aware that it will take some time until the game is complete but I still have to say the criticism point I would like to see more pet possibilities and a few other things.

Will when it runs better with me this year you also Supporten....

If the English was bad I'm sorry I'm drunk and use a translator.
Glad you like the game. Pity voting didn'T work :(

Version 0.9 will be publicly released released tomorrow on F95.
With that the game is in principle complete, but I am still planning 2 extension packs in 2023 and am looking for ideas.

Maybe a pet releated quest would be a good idea ;)

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
promo v09.png
V0.9 (b.1) has been published just now.

This marks the final version and completion of the Project The Princess And The Tower.
(One or two add-ons might be released in 2023)

The final game now comes with three endings, the normal one and two bonus endings. For the bonus endings, you need to find the spider amulet (see walkthrough)
I could have added more stuff to it, but did not want get mired in "Tech Updates" with no new content for years on end. I hope the game was enjoyable as is.

I'll be moving on to my new project Space Journey X, which will be released in January on Patreon in a first version.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for the great tips and suggestions!

And a Happy New Year!

y.v.

linus.quotes

Aug 27, 2021
Great great fun game! Congrats to the dev, and I'm looking forward to see the endings for this one, and for the release of the next project!

Reactions: yv0751
3.90 star(s) 51 Votes