yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
In the throne room do you have to get the 2 chests with the goblin king's scepter, or do you only need to get 1 chest? , I took a chest, I ended up leaving the place because I was attacked by the elite goblins, the mission was not complete, when I went back there, the chests are empty, and I only have 1 scepter
There is only one scepter to retrieve. If you bail out before you get it you could go in again.

Thinking of it, if you bail out there might be the issue that Gwynn won't give you another invisibility potion.
Impossible to get without the potion past the initial guard, so you might want to backtrack.

Ultraprout798

May 22, 2022
I've been told the burrows are near the institute through the portal. But it doesn't appear. How the hell are we supposed to make it appear?
Same goes for the institute's gate I see no spiders.
Can someone make a clear answer about it please?

Teal

Aug 8, 2016
I'm not sure I get the Institute puzzle, I'm putting in the right number of spiders but nothing happens. Also, what are the ITM codes for the golden nails etc?

cgasper

Sep 2, 2017
I'm not sure I get the Institute puzzle, I'm putting in the right number of spiders but nothing happens. Also, what are the ITM codes for the golden nails etc?
In short, just do this
Count the number of spiders and do X + 7, X being the number of spiders and if it's a single-digit number just write that while if it's a two-digit number just write the 2nd digit e. g. 10 = 0, 11 = 1 etc.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I've been told the burrows are near the institute through the portal. But it doesn't appear. How the hell are we supposed to make it appear?
Same goes for the institute's gate I see no spiders.
Can someone make a clear answer about it please?
Those are both linked to other quests, which are "kicked off" by giving Irith the Mysterious Spider amulet as farewell present. After that,
- The Institute will become accessible once you have done the Evil Irith Quest
- the Burrows are part of the Goblin King Quest, which will kick off once you found the Goblin Crown (last conquered field of board)
Details to the quests should be described in the walkthrough.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
thank u for the reply here iis the save
Thanks for the save. Tried it.
Works perfectly fine with key b for normal bomb and n for spectral bomb.
Maybe you have caps lock on? use small n, b
screenshot0002.jpg

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
yv0751, a small... not really a bug, more like a typo or inconsistency. The belt code for first stage unlock is mentioned as "XLIV-XCIX" in the quest description, and the same code (normalized, "XLIVXCIX") is required by Gwynn, yet the comment from Gwynn talks about belt type "XCIV-XCIX" - note the different beginning. That might contribute to the confusion surrounding the belt.

I haven't checked what actually shows on the belt image. The belt image shows "XLIV-XCIX", although the "V" could be mistaken for "Y".

Last edited:
Reactions: yv0751

Weeb Supreme

Nov 4, 2017
Loved the game, even though I normally avoid non-human mc games.
Great setting, hot girls, fun writing. *chef's kiss*

Only thing I'd change is adding more scenes with visible penetration and seeing the cum after a creampie.
Other than that, if you do add-ons later, maybe the ability to get the last Irith scene without the rings/in her original outfit.

But honestly, great work, especially for your first game.
Can't wait to check out your new project!

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
How to get enchanted milk? I cannot get it for master key.

EDIT: ok, just if anyone wonder you get it from milking Illiana that is in the cell.

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
There is only one scepter to retrieve. If you bail out before you get it you could go in again.

Thinking of it, if you bail out there might be the issue that Gwynn won't give you another invisibility potion.
Impossible to get without the potion past the initial guard, so you might want to backtrack.
potion? I didn't receive a potion, I entered the room and managed to get the scepter, without using the potion

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
potion? I didn't receive a potion, I entered the room and managed to get the scepter, without using the potion
If you used a V0.8 save, something seems corrupted here. NOT compatible.

If you started with a V0.9 new game (or act continuation) it should not be possible to enter without an invisibilty potion and the related quest and nothing should go wrong.

If you run into weird quest locks, the save might be corrupted and I recommend to resume from V0.9New->Act5b

ciabet9ck

Feb 17, 2021
No idea how save is stored but why not store it as key=value pairs? That way variables that are not found in a save can be given default value of something?

celeriac

Sep 13, 2019
This marks the final version and completion of the Project The Princess And The Tower.
You love to see it. I've been avoiding playing the last few versions of this game in anticipation of the complete thing. Keen to check it out and looking forward to your next project.

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
No idea how save is stored but why not store it as key=value pairs? That way variables that are not found in a save can be given default value of something?
It's not that simple, as saving in RenPy is done wholly within the Python system and basically consists of storing whole variables with their (possibly complex, referring to each other, etc.) values. It's not easy to circumvent it to use something like a "key=value" pair, even storing it in something akin to a JSON file would require enormous effort from the developer and would still need a lot of extra work to be as powerful as the RenPy's built-in system.

I'd rather see the developer concentrate on creating assets than on reinventing the wheel.

Reactions: ciabet9ck
3.90 star(s) 52 Votes