JLP603

Apr 25, 2019
Hold up so this game is gonna be finished in like 3 more updates? God damn. The game was first released here in may, things sure moved fast, dont wanna jynx it but early congrats! Are there any plans for another new project from the dev after this finishes or does the dev feel its too early to tell?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sole and yv0751

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Hold up so this game is gonna be finished in like 3 more updates? God damn. The game was first released here in may, things sure moved fast, dont wanna jynx it but early congrats! Are there any plans for another new project from the dev after this finishes or does the dev feel its too early to tell?
Actually this version V0.7 has the first ending already. V0.8 will have on more ending and V0.9 will be the final version in December.
The game was the first I published and a good opportunity to learn about certain game dev aspects (quest system, GUI, ...) and check whether it makes sense to dedicate time to it.
I started development in April and don't want to drag this one out endlessly, as I made some design mistakes in the beginning and I don't want these to become more and more difficult to handle as the game grows.

My next game (Sci Fi sandbox adventure / trainer / trading sim) was announced as sneak peak on Patreon. For that I will take the full 12 months next year. First version/ demo hopefully available January.

Sp3

Feb 12, 2018
damm, we need to unlock the belt again? that was so hard the last time
Now there are hints, so that shouldn't be an issue. But cash, favour, gems and other resources you get on 'start from' are lacking and the conquest is far from complete or queen-proof. I'll post fresh playthrough saves tomorrow if anyone wants them.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Now there are hints, so that shouldn't be an issue. But cash, favour, gems and other resources you get on 'start from' are lacking and the conquest is far from complete or queen-proof. I'll post fresh playthrough saves tomorrow if anyone wants them.
Yeah, the conquest is set to be a bit challenging if you start with the last act. Takes about 4-5 days to stabilize your frontlines and you have to use defense zone wisely. Btw: You can use SPACE for "quick fight". Just set up the target and the button mash until the end ;)

Reactions: Sp3

Sp3

Feb 12, 2018
Yeah, the conquest is set to be a bit challenging if you start with the last act. Takes about 4-5 days to stabilize your frontlines and you have to use defense zone wisely. Btw: You can use SPACE for "quick fight". Just set up the target and the button mash until the end ;)
That's why I'm re-doing it from the start.
Also, great job on making quest book actually helpful and noting combinations you'd otherwise have to memorise or write down. Not that I've really needed help, other than, you know, that damned portal bug (hope it's fixed by now, anyhow, but I'll be damned if I bork another playthrough to check), but yeah, that's how the in-game help should be.

Also, about you deciding to make it a short game, I reckon that definitely was the right decision. A lot of new devs start with grand plans and leave behind them barely playable trainwrecks, and what you have so far is pretty great. It's not like you can't do some sort of contination if you want to go back to it later. Anyway, good job!

Troll

Apr 22, 2017
Anyone know how to cheat research scrolls or spectral bombs ? Having to start from scratch after grinding a lot in previouse versions sux donkey ballz

Evilfish82

Jul 25, 2018
I don't understand the belt combination system. I mean I see the combination, I know the letters are supposed to represent items just not what items. Can anyone shed some light on that?

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Anyone know how to cheat research scrolls or spectral bombs ? Having to start from scratch after grinding a lot in previouse versions sux donkey ballz
If my python is correct:

Code:
GAME.mc.inventory += [GAME.items["ITMSpectralBomb"] for i in range(100)]
should arm you to the teeth ;) (inlude the brackets). ITMScrollKnowledge is the other ID.

Sp3

Feb 12, 2018
I don't understand the belt combination system. I mean I see the combination, I know the letters are supposed to represent items just not what items. Can anyone shed some light on that?
Gems, you'll need to use a lockpick (fished from the cellar barrel or made from iron nails and pink gem) during the day (as in, not evening) in Irith room when she's there, then arrange the gems in the bottom row of a puzzle, put that lockpick in the right box and press the button on the right. If nothing changed since the last version:
The first one is BlueBluePinkOrange, received from Gwynn during the mirror conversation after you tell her the belt model (xlivxcix).
The second one is GreenPinkBlueOrange, can be researched by Gwynn once you summon her and gift her enough knowledge scrolls (made from 10 scroll fragments that you loot in the portal game dungeons).
The third one is PinkGreenOrangeBlue, researched by Gwynn after the second one.
Don't forget to put a lockpick in the left slot each time you do it.

Troll

Apr 22, 2017
If my python is correct:

Code:
GAME.mc.inventory += [GAME.items["ITMSpectralBomb"] for i in range(100)]
should arm you to the teeth ;) (inlude the brackets). ITMScrollKnowledge is the other ID.
thank you :)
Also anyone have an idea how to send Gwynn off to the institute ?I have the quest with the code and thats it .

Troll

Apr 22, 2017
They are the first 2 letters of a gems name Vu is the Blue Value gem for ex.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
thank you :)
Also anyone have an idea how to send Gwynn off to the institute ?I have the quest with the code and thats it .
That's a remnant I forgot to remove in V0.7. The Institute quest is V0.8 content.

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
I cannot get the belt Inscription to work. The font sucks to be honest. I have tried every variation of it that makes sense and get the same "that doesn't make sense" answer for each one. Can anyone correct me here?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TvTone

Sep 3, 2019
A charming, fun adult game. One of the best games I have played.

It's a shame the nicely stylized pictures were not higher definition, though. It was also a tad grindy, although I appreciate it must be difficult for devs to get the balance of grind just right; I don't think any of my top 5 games actually do get the grind right.

I can understand the dev wanting a change of theme for his next game, but I think fantasy medieval type games are more popular than sci fi games, perhaps? It would have nice to see a sequel to this, with higher def graphics. Perhaps, that may still occur in the future after the sci fi game.

I don't have the time to redo the game from the start for this v7, unfortunately. Devs who manage to get games updated that actually accept older saves have a special place in heaven.

Sp3

Feb 12, 2018
Thank you, though I'd put in Spoiler tags to be safe.
Eh, it's not like it's anything really spoiler-worthy. I'd rather bold it so that maybe it'll help someone else who couldn't read the inscription or didn't try to input the code without hyphen.

Reactions: Nopenopeno
3.90 star(s) 52 Votes