RPGM The Proteus Effect [v10.3] [Proxxie]

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I was really wanting to play this game again but ever since the version 0.8 update it will no longer run on the computer. I am on 10 using the 32 bit version so if you can make this compatible with that I would be greatful.
Right Click the games .exe or .app file, then choose properties, at the top of that window then choose the compatibility tab. Click on the check box under

--Compatibility Mode--

Clipboard01.jpg

After you check mark that, then click on the box labeled Windows 7, 8 or 10 , your then given a list of Windows OS's.

I use WindowXP Service pack 2 for most of these games, my graphics suck since it is on-board chip, and the motherboard is out of date.

Keep this tip in mind for other RPG Engine based games!

Reactions: Leo-67

bocob1982

Sep 8, 2020
Right Click the games .exe or .app file, then choose properties, at the top of that window then choose the compatibility tab. Click on the check box under

--Compatibility Mode--

View attachment 1911393

After you check mark that, then click on the box labeled Windows 7, 8 or 10 , your then given a list of Windows OS's.

I use WindowXP Service pack 2 for most of these games, my graphics suck since it is on-board chip, and the motherboard is out of date.

Keep this tip in mind for other RPG Engine based games!
Does not work it only says this program will not run on your device. I know it is because of the 32 bit cap it was designed on. I have gone throught the property settings countless times and it will not run ever. It worked for previous versions but stopped around 0.92. Agiain it is not a windows compatatability issue it a 32 bit issue. I have windows 10 but it is windows 10 (32 bit). If the programmers can make it compatable for other systems they can easily allow this change, but until then I will wait patiently, but I will not support someone who cannot make simple fixes. Accidental woman was another game that had an update and would never load again, but that game at least tries to open.

Jul 28, 2018
I have windows 10 but it is windows 10 (32 bit). If the programmers can make it compatable for other systems they can easily allow this change....
Not necessarily true. If their underlying development system switches to only output 64-bit applications or if they need a 64-bit only library, there's nothing they can do to make it work on 32-bit OSes while keeping those dependencies.

RPG Maker MV/MZ games run on a system called . 32-bit nw.js for Windows is still being updated, so you could try downloading it, replacing the files in the game directory with the ones from the download, and running the 32-bit nw.exe program from the download to start the game.

FinalZero

Apr 24, 2017
First time playing this game. After the first dungeon with the guild, i am now stuck at the hospital's minigame where i have to cure the infected, but because of lag i can't cure them all and the infected increase. Is there a way to skip the minigame? If not can anyone share a save just after the minigame please?
that the old bug i report like long many year ago that quest is stuck of bug one it you use some cheat 2 it use speed up 3 it nomal bug and no fix.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Not necessarily true. If their underlying development system switches to only output 64-bit applications or if they need a 64-bit only library, there's nothing they can do to make it work on 32-bit OSes while keeping those dependencies.

RPG Maker MV/MZ games run on a system called . 32-bit nw.js for Windows is still being updated, so you could try downloading it, replacing the files in the game directory with the ones from the download, and running the 32-bit nw.exe program from the download to start the game.
Im not sure I understand! Windows 10 has both 32 and 64 bit. The game should run, unless that persons system is exclusively 64 bit, but it still should run 32 bit since that what the OS is designed for. The only thing I can guess at is the motherboard and or CPU runs at only 64 bit.

I get the part of 32 and 64 bit with the RPG Engine and associated files.

He or SHe said the game runs at 32 bit. So I 'm guessing (asking, really) the system he or she is running is only at 64!

I haven't kept up with computer systems and OS's since Windows XP so I'm kind of out of the loop!

bocob1982

Sep 8, 2020
Here's a snap of the issue to prove nothing works updated files and non updated files. Ran in compatability and not.
Downloaded windows version
1657291680725.png

Jul 28, 2018
Im not sure I understand! Windows 10 has both 32 and 64 bit. The game should run, unless that persons system is exclusively 64 bit...
Windows 10 comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. 32-bit Windows can run 32-bit applications but not 64-bit applications. 64-bit Windows can run both 32-bit and 64-bit applications.

The application used by The Proteus Effect 0.9.6 and up is 64-bit. It won't run on 32-bit Windows, which is what bocob1982 has. If they want to run the game, they need to either switch to a 32-bit version of the game (which Proxxie no longer releases) or move to 64-bit Windows by installing it on their computer instead (if their hardware supports it) or getting a new machine.

The rest of what I posted is a potential workaround, only available because RPG Maker MV and MZ games run on top of a third-party program. (They're effectively fancy web sites running inside a custom web browser.) It may not work at all.

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes