RPGM The Proteus Effect [v10.3] [Proxxie]

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
The combat gets better, but minigames are still there. The game doesn't have levels and most weapons are quest rewards only. Stats and skill upgrades mostly come from story progression.
Thank you. I will continue the game, but it will probably take longer than others (when I get stuck in a minigame, something not too strange, I usually leave the game for a few days or weeks)

Right now I'm at a point where I need to start a minigame, but haven't made up my mind to try it yet, possibly in a few days.

Reactions: Dyhart

:asg:

Aug 3, 2018
Thank you ssj782 and FookU2 for answering my question.

I tried some more things and couldn't figure out how to initiate a dialogue about Ana getting a dress, but I see v0.9.1 is out, so I'll try to advance Val's nighttime scenes and maybe that will do it?

If anybody knows how to get Ana a dress for the nightclub, don't hesitate to post it. If I figure it out, I'll come back and post it myself. If I do more with Val and still can't get it, I'll come back and beg for help again. :)

Aug 3, 2019
Thank you ssj782 and FookU2 for answering my question.

I tried some more things and couldn't figure out how to initiate a dialogue about Ana getting a dress, but I see v0.9.1 is out, so I'll try to advance Val's nighttime scenes and maybe that will do it?

If anybody knows how to get Ana a dress for the nightclub, don't hesitate to post it. If I figure it out, I'll come back and post it myself. If I do more with Val and still can't get it, I'll come back and beg for help again. :)
How far have you advanced the storyline? Ana's dress shenanigans only becomes available once the military district opens and you get another party member. Val's nighttime scenes at the guild become available well before that point.

Reactions: :asg:

:asg:

Aug 3, 2018
Oh. :3 I need to pick up Emily as my current quest, but I was holding off from doing that. I can't find the post now, but I thought I saw somebody say getting Emily messed up the nightclub events for them, which made me assume it must be available before you get her, and I didn't want to mess anything up.

So you're saying it's the opposite: I need to have Emily before I can do any of the nightclub events. Is that correct?

Aug 3, 2019
Yes. Emily leads to guild shenanigans which leads to dress acquisition which leads to the night club. At least parts of this are also covered in the quest log as they become available.

muthaluva

Aug 24, 2018
Any clue where the winds for the staff are? A comment in here said East was near the red eye cave.
I thought that red globe thing outside Red Eye Cave was one of the wind spots too, after seeing that post -- it is not! Only one I have found so far is near Cape Hope, when you're doing the Eve of Destruction / Recruiting quests. Go east from the cave, and climb up the mountain and you will find the east wind elemental. Let me know if you find any others!

I have no idea yet what that Red Eye globe thing is for though.

Last edited:
Reactions: FookU2

Boyim

Feb 22, 2018
If you are just getting thrown off then you haven't done the ned danger quest and gotten the special wind staff yet.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
About the early theory discussions, I found this exchange between Ana and Sami during the Sami's playthings scene:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The intention of the dialogue was for it to be Ana talking about the creator of her model (a.k.a Otaku) while Sami would be talking about a more standard "christian" God (who would have created the world and is normally depicted as being disapproving of demons and their actions), but it would be some funny foreshadowing if Otaku was also the secret mastermind behind the creation of the virtual world.

On a different topic, what do people think about the option in the early scenes where the MC "decides" their penis size? Do you think it is a real choice (as in, if you pick the "large" option then the MC is canonically really almost as hung as Ana), or is it more of a psychological decision, where we only really decide how the MC feels about the size of his penis (and how it compares to the monster Ana is packing)?

I think an argument for it being a psychological decision could be the fact the choice doesn't affect the art on the scenes where the MC temporarly gets their real body back (although this could just be artistic liberty). Also, if it is a psychological decision, it would be pretty funny to see the potential interactions when Ana does get to see the MC's real naked body for the first time, with him either being incredibly delusional about the size of his penis if the player picked the "large" option, rather aloof and unobservant about the size difference if they picked "average", and leaning towards self-deprecating if they picked the "small" option (although that would be the most realistic choice when comparing to the log Ana has attached to her crotch).

Last edited:
Reactions: Boyim

Onbunga

May 14, 2020
Does anyone have some saves from the point emily joins or a bit further in, but not before unlocking the playroom?

Boyim

Feb 22, 2018
On a different topic, what do people think about the option in the early scenes where the MC "decides" their penis size? Do you think it is a real choice (as in, if you pick the "large" option then the MC is canonically really almost as hung as Ana), or is it more of a psychological decision, where we only really decide how the MC feels about the size of his penis (and how it compares to the monster Ana is packing)?

I think an argument for it being a psychological decision could be the fact the choice doesn't affect the art on the scenes where the MC temporarly gets their real body back (although this could just be artistic liberty). Also, if it is a psychological decision, it would be pretty funny to see the potential interactions when Ana does get to see the MC's real naked body for the first time, with him either being incredibly delusional about the size of his penis if the player picked the "large" option, rather aloof and unobservant about the size difference if they picked "average", and leaning towards self-deprecating if they picked the "small" option (although that would be the most realistic choice when comparing to the log Ana has attached to her crotch).
To be honest, I think it was an option offered that is a sort of hangover from something that Proxxie doesn't currently have plans on fleshing out. Especially considering how in the Sami scene I think Alex directly acknowledges his own lack of endowment. This along with the way his dick is portrayed in the previous Sami scene means there really aren't any legs to flesh this out currently.

But it'd be funny if Proxxie went through the effort of a retcon and had this choice affect how Alex sees himself, followed by him then getting blown out of the water by Ana's monster cock.

However, as much as I'd like to see this, and think that at some point at least a choice neutral version of that scene will play out, seeing as how the whole point of the game is Alex being slowly spiritually encouraged to surrender any aspect of his maleness and adopt a female role, his penis just being flat out physically and psychologically recognized as inferior would be par for the course to this end. I'd love if whatever scene does this capitalize on that prior choice though. It would be an easy change to just slightly alter the threesome scene to leave out Alex's comment about his penis.

Either of the three options you presented could be funny/hot scenarios.

Reactions: manscout

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
To be honest, I think it was an option offered that is a sort of hangover from something that Proxxie doesn't currently have plans on fleshing out. Especially considering how in the Sami scene I think Alex directly acknowledges his own lack of endowment. This along with the way his dick is portrayed in the previous Sami scene means there really aren't any legs to flesh this out currently.

But it'd be funny if Proxxie went through the effort of a retcon and had this choice affect how Alex sees himself, followed by him then getting blown out of the water by Ana's monster cock.

However, as much as I'd like to see this, and think that at some point at least a choice neutral version of that scene will play out, seeing as how the whole point of the game is Alex being slowly spiritually encouraged to surrender any aspect of his maleness and adopt a female role, his penis just being flat out physically and psychologically recognized as inferior would be par for the course to this end. I'd love if whatever scene does this capitalize on that prior choice though. It would be an easy change to just slightly alter the threesome scene to leave out Alex's comment about his penis.

Either of the three options you presented could be funny/hot scenarios.
For whatever it is worth, your choice already affects the dialogue in the "Sami playthings" (Sami + Ana playroom) scene:
While the direction of most of the sex scenes have had a theme of trying to feminize the MC, he also generally doesn't get hung up about it so I'm not sure the story will ever come to be about him fully surrendering his maleness.

With that said, I think the implications of the playroom scene will clearly lead to an eventual "futa on male" scene with Ana (personally I think that eventually the MC and Ana will fuck in their normal bodies, but I think they are going to want to warm up to it by first doing it with only one of them in their normal bodies while the other one is still in the more familiar virtual body), so it would be interesting to see that choice being relevant there. I do think that Ana wouldn't be too mean about it either way just because I think she would have sympathy for the MC being sensitive about his body, but after the initial impressions and reassurances, I think she could either be nonchalant about the size difference or play it up as a kinky thing during sex, how she acts could be based on how submissive the MC is to her (a very submissive MC could find it hot and ask Ana to keep talking about how much bigger she is).

Currently there is a variable tracking submissiveness to Ana but it is only affected by 2 scenes so the score ranges from 0 to 2 (if you didn't submit during the lakeside confrontation the variable will be 0, if you submitted during the lakeside confrontation but didn't submit on the first time resting in the guild's bedroom scene the variable will be 1, if you submitted in both the variable will be 2)

Boyim

Feb 22, 2018
For whatever it is worth, your choice already affects the dialogue in the "Sami playthings" (Sami + Ana playroom) scene:
While the direction of most of the sex scenes have had a theme of trying to feminize the MC, he also generally doesn't get hung up about it so I'm not sure the story will ever come to be about him fully surrendering his maleness.
What no way! I shouldn't have assumed. That's going to make this hilarious then. Good find.

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
Is it possable for someone here to make a list of the side quests and what needs to be done, when and where to unlock and to find them?
I've missed the playhouse one somehow and i think it's related to me not getting the Ana sex scene at the inn when i had the chance. I also don't have the elemental staff one. I'm not asking for full run downs of the quests just where/when/how to start them plz.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
how to triger sami and main hero first scene?
You need to finish Val's scenes and I believe you need to have finished the rock king dungeon. Then just have the MC stay awake on their own (Ana's asleep) and the succubus event should happen in Val's bedroom.

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes