mazqaz

Feb 19, 2018
Looks like the patreon is still active, I guess he hasn't quit ad thats a good thing.

D

Deleted member 387350

he even renamed his discord, it´s just a question of time until he announces its abandoned

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017
he even renamed his discord, it´s just a question of time until he announces its abandoned
It is abandoned since
From his patreon
Hey everyone.
I'm making this post to officially announce that I am stopping all development of The Realm and the Tech demos.
I want to say sorry that I was not able deliver on my promises regarding the development of the game, but I also want to provide context and reasons as to why I can't continue development.
I've been thinking a lot about it and I know that I said I was going to try to develop both Event Girl and The Realm at the same time, but it's just not feasible as is. I also don't want to be the kind of author that just runs away from a project without giving a clear message when development stops.
A lot of you might not know this, but I've been working on The Realm for 5 years. The first version being in Inform, then Twine. I've overhauled and rebuild the game from the ground up so many times I've lost count. The Tech demos being a form of another attempt to rebuild the game to address the performance issues the game faces as it becomes more complex. In addition to that, when I originally started working on the game, I had no experience in coding at all and still to this day, I'm an amateur at best.
That is why the main reason for me to cancel development is scope. I just need to admit that the game at it's core is too ambitious for what I had imagined.
I will continue working on Event Girl, but for now I'm ceasing all work on The Realm.
I want to say that there is a chance I will pick it up again in the future, but that is unlikely if I am to work on it alone.
I want to thank you all for your support, I greatly appreciate it and understand if you feel disappointed.
If you've been a patron at any time and supported The Realm, then I will happily give you access to the new patron build of Event Girl (through Discord or similar) as some form of compensation, just ask.
That is all from me for now, take care.

Megumin.

Donor
Jan 12, 2018
Fair enough but I feel it's kinda unfair to completely write him off like what he did was scummy. It's more of a ambition problem. He bit more than he can chew. His new game is smaller and better for a 1 man team. Realm was going to be this crazy sandbox game similar to a Skyrim text game. He said that he's been banging his head against the wall trying to make this game work. Now he's shifting to something more feasible for a single person to make.
I can respect that. I definitely prefer this over someone pretending the game isn't dead just to rack up that sweet sweet money.

Last edited:

AuxillaryCables

Apr 9, 2021
has anyone found out how to smelt the ore?
You have to build the forge in the cave. In order to do this, you need to collect 35 Timber, 15 Copper Bars, 15 Iron Bars, 15 Steel Bars. Then click the manage housing button then scroll down and press expand. Then you can press the forge button to build it. From there, you press manage forge and that allows you to smelt ore. You can buy the bars to build the forge from the blacksmith.

2.70 star(s) 7 Votes