Jul 22, 2019
but as more content is added(lmao), it's going to get pretty annoying to find out you missed a scene or something
I've had this particular problem with so many games. And most of the time after trying for 4th or 5th time to try to get a scene and failing, I usually just end up opening the source files to see them all, nut, and call it a day :(. I think this sort of cryptic design hurts the replayability.

I wonder if there's a better way to do it :unsure:. Tales of Androgyny does this thing where whenever it needs to show a scene it'll show you a check failed or something, so you know for the next time that if do this specific thing different here you'll get a different scene.

Lance231

Jan 6, 2018
I liked the idea of a time limit because of the lore (the show that the mc is participating). The thing is that it needs good planification and attention to the small details to make sure that the players can get all the scenes and enjoy the game.

The problem?? She put the time limit too early. Now the only thing we have is a grindy game with almost no content that you need to complete in an absurd time limit.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
I liked the idea of a time limit because of the lore (the show that the mc is participating). The thing is that it needs good planification and attention to the small details to make sure that the players can get all the scenes and enjoy the game.

The problem?? She put the time limit too early. Now the only thing we have is a grindy game with almost no content that you need to complete in an absurd time limit.
Absurd? Really? You can complete both tasks in about two days. The whole point of the sandbox element is to give players a wide variety of scenes they can choose from. The update will finish off Nina's quest, and I would imagine the update after that one adds Kendra and Mia to the main story/house. This would mean that Kendra's sister gets introduced as well I would imagine and maybe Julianna moves closer as well. After that, there are about 3 more (main) characters that need introducing, but you already have a good cast of people to move around for scenes.

The time limit gives the story structure. It will prevent you from moving forward with Kendra's storyline where she gapes your asshole to then move on to Mia who's still hesitant to give you a handjob (this is just an example). The game really isn't that difficult if you read and explore a little bit.

• Angry
Reactions: lnppo

mayolo1000

Feb 2, 2019
Personaly I really dont care about the time limit, the game is in a super early stage, is nesesary to see how the game will going to evolve to rally grasp if it is anoying or not.

I dont know if is that I love the game, the characteres, and the potencial situations the characters may get, but I just want to see the story and scenes go.

Reactions: afterlights

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
Hahaha, the amount of people bitching about that pronoun.

Couldn't care less about the time limit but... without it this may as well be a comic because it certainly wouldn't be a game (even stretching the term as far as one needs to to include VNs)

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Kendra is about the only one I'm not interested in at all other then that fugly one. The rest of them I'm interested in some more then others.

Reactions: cakeny

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Just because it's baked into the story doesn't make it a not bad mechanic. At the moment it seems fine, since it's only 7 days and it's not too much of a bother to go through them to get a scene you want to see, but as more content is added(lmao), it's going to get pretty annoying to find out you missed a scene or something, and having to replay a shitload of tedious +1 affection events to get to it.
When it comes to quests with time limits, you won't be able to miss scenes, because failing to complete a quest within the time limit will result in a game over. All quests with time limits will have to be completed in order to progress, at least with how the game is currently structured.

You think i stay reading everything that thousands of people post in every page of this thread to find out why the timelimit is so important? and i say it again too, for me personally it's unnecessary the timelimit and doesn't actually add anything to the gameplay, neither making it more spicy, the whole purpose is just to screw up the gameplay and replaying it, all of this in my opinion and i don't have a problem if other people find this mechanic more attractive, but it's simply not for me, if i wanted a different story, i would have not tried this game in the first place or praising it and the story it's not an excuse for this mechanic, you can have the same story with different mechanics and you don't need to change the whole story just because of it, so i don't find your point valid in what i said.
I had to read through this a couple of times to figure out what you were saying, because the whole paragraph (after the first interrogative sentence) is one long run-on sentence.

You say that, for you personally, a time limit is unnecessary and doesn't make the game more fun, and so you don't find my point valid. You seem to be missing the point entirely. The time limit isn't necessary in order to make the game more fun. The time limit is necessary because the story has to be completed in a set number of days. And this isn't something which you would have to read through thousands of posts in this thread to find out. The game itself clearly explains this.

The game tells us that the MC's participation in the show will last for 140 days, unless she gets disqualified. That right there tells us the total time limit for the game, once the show starts. The managers, when they meet with the MC, tell her that she will have to complete a minimum of 15 tasks. So the MC has 140 days to complete 15 tasks, probably one at a time. So of course every task has to have a time limit, otherwise the game would run over the 140 days.

This has nothing to do with whether the time limit makes the game more or less fun for you. This has to do with the story which the developers are telling. In their story, there must be a time limit.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
When it comes to quests with time limits, you won't be able to miss scenes, because failing to complete a quest within the time limit will result in a game over. All quests with time limits will have to be completed in order to progress, at least with how the game is currently structured.

I had to read through this a couple of times to figure out what you were saying, because the whole paragraph (after the first interrogative sentence) is one long run-on sentence.

You say that, for you personally, a time limit is unnecessary and doesn't make the game more fun, and so you don't find my point valid. You seem to be missing the point entirely. The time limit isn't necessary in order to make the game more fun. The time limit is necessary because the story has to be completed in a set number of days. And this isn't something which you would have to read through thousands of posts in this thread to find out. The game itself clearly explains this.

The game tells us that the MC's participation in the show will last for 140 days, unless she gets disqualified. That right there tells us the total time limit for the game, once the show starts. The managers, when they meet with the MC, tell her that she will have to complete a minimum of 15 tasks. So the MC has 140 days to complete 15 tasks, probably one at a time. So of course every task has to have a time limit, otherwise the game would run over the 140 days.

This has nothing to do with whether the time limit makes the game more or less fun for you. This has to do with the story which the developers are telling. In their story, there must be a time limit.
I played this game months ago, i already forgot that the game mentions that there are 140 days lol, still, you can screw up easily and you must replay from the last save, i remember that i had to replay the game from the beginning for at least 5 times in order to not waste the time limit, there was even an annoying bug something about a phone that didn't appeared in the game, that's like the bonus after the pain ass time limit that i had to deal with, even after i completed the quests i needed, i literally didn't knew that i completed the version, so i was like: ''what can i do now?'' because i thought i still had something to do since the game didn't noticed me i already reached the end of the version, so i hope that a mod to erase that time limit will be a thing in the future so i can enjoy the hardcore grind in peace, or maybe there's a command for that wasn't discovered yet, still i don't think i will visited the game again any time soon, it has very little content to none at all.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
i hope that a mod to erase that time limit will be a thing in the future so i can enjoy the hardcore grind in peace, or maybe there's a command for that wasn't discovered yet
It's fairly easy—at least for now—to get around the time limit using the console, but as you've noticed there's not much point as there's very little content so far. The story content ends with the second/third (depending on your path) call from Mia on Friday night.

Reactions: fried and KekWGgWP

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
It's fairly easy—at least for now—to get around the time limit using the console, but as you've noticed there's not much point as there's very little content so far. The story content ends with the second/third (depending on your path) call from Mia on Friday night.
Cheers to you, i really didn't knew there was a way to stop this time limit, but like you said, there's very content at the moment so i will wait for a time to see how this game progress regarding the updates.

H1M

Jun 8, 2017
So few things, to start personal tastes great graphics but not into arm pit hair, or collagen lips. The sister is cute enough to make up for the giant tits on a few to each their own. That being said not a fan of spending a lot of time grinding that also has a lot of guesswork... this room nope, this room nope, this room ahh someone's here. Maybe with less grind. I have zero interest personally in "playing" adult games like adult stuff that gets to the point like Timestamps among others. Ps the Sister looks great from what I have seen starting, and so does the grandma... the girlfriend would even be hot to me without the armpit hair, was having flashbacks of biker bars in Germany...

Reactions: BABPEEG and lnppo
3.70 star(s) 71 Votes