myself_trying

Dec 15, 2018
Hello everyone,

I just started version 0.2A, no way for me to get Nina handjoib even tho im at max 10/100 and same for Lisa, im at 10/100 and no way to go further

zsd12

Nov 8, 2018
also when lisa enters siri's room and sees the picture of nina on the wall i always get an error and cant continue

zsd12

Nov 8, 2018
this is the error i get
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/events/waking_up.rpy", line 79, in <module>
NameError: name 'poster_quest' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/events/waking_up.rpyc", line 79, in script
File "C:\Users\Downloads\TheRedRoom_02a-pc\TheRedRoom_0.2a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Downloads\TheRedRoom_02a-pc\TheRedRoom_0.2a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/scripts/events/waking_up.rpy", line 79, in <module>
NameError: name 'poster_quest' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Red Room 0.2a
Tue Dec 31 00:10:23 2019
```

zsd12

Nov 8, 2018
zsd12

Are you using old saves? If yes start new game.
ive tried that and still have the same issue and the weird thing is even if i completely delete the game the saves carry over when i redownload it. ive started a new game at least 2 or 3 times

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
zsd12

Not sure I never had a problem with the game when I downloaded awhile back adn played it other then the mother bedroom thingy that you had to fix with a patch.

Have you tried it without the limited edition patch? Maybe that is what is causing it.

hencuka

Jul 16, 2019
zsd12

Not sure I never had a problem with the game when I downloaded awhile back adn played it other then the mother bedroom thingy that you had to fix with a patch.

Have you tried it without the limited edition patch? Maybe that is what is causing it.
The limited edition patch is just a variable settings, nothing more.

ive tried that and still have the same issue and the weird thing is even if i completely delete the game the saves carry over when i redownload it. ive started a new game at least 2 or 3 times
Ren'Py stores your saves in two places. First is in your game directory, where you probably deleted (game/saves). The second one is in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\TheRedRoom-1523628236. You have to delete both directory.
But the undefined quest error looks like if you overwrite an old version with a new one, and some of the script files remained the old. But it is just an opinion.

3.70 star(s) 71 Votes