• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.30 star(s) 19 Votes

KilljoyTRV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
I just started it, and it seems to be a rework of A Goblin's Tale: Same main character, same basic story (conquer village and its girls to breed a new Goblin army), so far same maps (though apparently on a different version of RPGM), but the grammar is much improved, and the story beats I have seen so far are set up slightly differently.

edit: Scripting seems a bit wonky still, however. There's a clearing just south of the starting point that triggers a short cut scene where Vruk sees the youngest daughter - but the scene seems to trigger whenever you cross the tile, even at day times where the daughter's sprite is not yet present (i.e. when she's not in that clearing).
I'm learning to use MZ as I make the game so yeah, its a bit wonky. When 0.12 drops at the end of this month, that issue will be fixed (already is).

Reactions: MikeTheDutchLord

skyteam

Jun 25, 2018
i don't know if it's supposed to be like this, but right after getting Vera inside the cave, her sprite dissapear, and if you go out, you can't go back inside anymore... also, her knocked out sprite shows up BEFORE even telling Lara about the "orc", and you don't even use any item required for the trap...

Reactions: Jonyonic

paddyo73

Sep 12, 2019
My only complaint is that the women are too skinny, hard to imagine they'd bring in new generations of goblins with a twig body.
yes very hard to imagine how a skinny chick could possibly become pregnant or could possibly conceive a child , not that this game is any stretch of the imagination otherwise

Jonyonic

May 29, 2018
i don't know if it's supposed to be like this, but right after getting Vera inside the cave, her sprite dissapear, and if you go out, you can't go back inside anymore... also, her knocked out sprite shows up BEFORE even telling Lara about the "orc", and you don't even use any item required for the trap...
I had a similar issue; I can get to the screen where we see Vera hooked up to the machine, but after the unique render her sprite disappears and the machine interaction goes back to the default one. I have no idea how to proceed. I am very excited about this game as it seems like a much better paced and improved version of what inspired it, but there are a few bugs that should get quickly looked at.

skyteam

Jun 25, 2018
i found out that you HAVE to interact with the table inside the cave to create the trap, and then place it, but again, Vera sprite dissapears after the scene occurs, and the interaction is back to the default one

basically, if i got this right, the games ends right after capturing Vera in this version... which would be a let down, because there's so much to see...

Reactions: Midge

Dr_Jod

Jan 16, 2019
The Quests are a mess.
1. Lara training first contact - If Lara is their or not - I aways get the picture of here training and introducew myself
2. Capture Vera
After the idea of capture and building a bomb
Vera is lying on the ground without talking to Lara or not
After capturing here ( i tried to do it right - collect items - talk to Lara - hide - get here)
I put here into the place want to start the feeding and she disapears
After that issue you can leave the cave but you cannot enter the cave anymore

Jonyonic

May 29, 2018
Okay, just joined the discord and found that capturing Vera is indeed the end of this release, which is fine, as it is a first release advertised as a demo, but a notification that this is the end of the content would be very helpful to avoid confusion.

Reactions: str8up and Crichton

Ghosthands

May 4, 2018
little bug i guess.... after i get Vera hooked up to the machine she immediately disappears after my dialogue.

skyteam

Jun 25, 2018
for anyone wondering: After capturing Vera, it's the end of the version, and the bug with the flowers, and Vera showing in the ground in the day after has been solved in the next version... we just need to wait

Reactions: KilljoyTRV

Ghosthands

May 4, 2018
little bug i guess.... after i get Vera hooked up to the machine she immediately disappears after my dialogue.
Okay, just saw the post above mine. Don't yall hate it when your typing something and someone else posts the exact answer your looking for but you don't see it until you already posted making you look like an imbecile who can't read? Just me? Yeah i thought so.

skyteam

Jun 25, 2018
Okay, just saw the post above mine. Don't yall hate it when your typing something and someone else posts the exact answer your looking for but you don't see it until you already posted making you look like an imbecile who can't read? Just me? Yeah i thought so.
join the discord... i just did and got the answers there

Corvair

Jun 26, 2020
I'm learning to use MZ as I make the game so yeah, its a bit wonky. When 0.12 drops at the end of this month, that issue will be fixed (already is).
Perfect! The bug isn't even critical, since you can progress just fine anyways.

There is another one (you're probably already aware of it, since it's been touched upon in this thread) where you can skip a lot of the progress towards capturing Vera: You pick the flowers, and as soon as you have enough, you can go into the cave to rest without using the table (aside: the flowers also "respawn" every time you re-enter the camp map and haven't progressed to capturing Vera yet; It may also be possible that the table lights up only if you have the exact amount of flowers needed, which is an issue if you pick up more - which is easy to do if you exit and re-enter the camp map, since the flowers respawn) until the time is "noon" again, and if you go outside, Vera will lie there, unconscious. Again, that does apparently not break the game, it just skips the whole "brew potion, talk to Lara, wait in cover, see Vera spring your trap" sequence.

FapMachine123

Jun 26, 2020
It does have exactly the same models as that other goblin game. Don't know if it's the same dev or just the same assets though it would be strange if it was the latter (I mean exactly the same assets?). The game seems too new to try right now I'll keep it in mind and try it once it is more advanced.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes