3.30 star(s) 19 Votes

lordkaos666

Dec 26, 2019
Hi everyone

I would like to make a comment about the game, first I have to say that I like the story it has, I already tried the first version of the game and I downloaded this to see how it goes.

I think the most objectionable thing is how difficult it is to know what you have to do next, because it does not implement a mission control system like other games, I think it makes the game experience affected since you spend most of the Time going from one place to another trying to guess what you have to do.

If the developer reads this comment: please man, implement a questlog and it would not hurt to have more fluid animations.

FTKnight

Oct 10, 2018
Hi everyone

I would like to make a comment about the game, first I have to say that I like the story it has, I already tried the first version of the game and I downloaded this to see how it goes.

I think the most objectionable thing is how difficult it is to know what you have to do next, because it does not implement a mission control system like other games, I think it makes the game experience affected since you spend most of the Time going from one place to another trying to guess what you have to do.

If the developer reads this comment: please man, implement a questlog and it would not hurt to have more fluid animations.
going to break this into three different spots.

1: 80% of the time Vruk tells you what you need to do next.

2: the 'simple' quest log seen in AGT was a lot more complicated then anyone who has not tried to code a questlog knows.

3: Smoother animations area hell of a lot more work intensives then you think, as a simple 3 second thrust animation can have anywhere between 3 to 30000 individual frames/images depending on how smooth the transition or high detailed the images used. and that is just for 3 seconds.

lordkaos666

Dec 26, 2019

2: the 'simple' quest log seen in AGT was a lot more complicated then anyone who has not tried to code a questlog knows.

3: Smoother animations area hell of a lot more work intensives then you think, as a simple 3 second thrust animation can have anywhere between 3 to 30000 individual frames/images depending on how smooth the transition or high detailed the images used. and that is just for 3 seconds.
I am aware of this, I only wanted to give my opinion as a user and make a constructive criticism, if I have offended someone or someone has been upset I apologize

Reactions: Super_Nova-

Super_Nova-

Nov 20, 2019
I am aware of this, I only wanted to give my opinion as a user and make a constructive criticism, if I have offended someone or someone has been upset I apologize
the points you raised are actually correct. a questlog is something missing in the game. i recently tried the old version and frankly is was more user friendly and much more interesting. i however support the new developer whos has picked the game up again and trying to revive it, it is something i appreciate. the only difference i can see is New animations.
after all this nowis the time to bring some new stuff in the game, i am sure he be on it. figures crossed.

Reactions: lordkaos666

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
A Journal was added to this build(you get it at the start in the cave and it's in key items) which will get you to Denmar, and it has been caught up for the next update so it will be upto date in the next build.

Mirrofuks

Dec 4, 2019
I'm stuck ... can't sleep the day or do anything. I'm more or less after the red scene when the flying dicks took the figure. I do not know what we are doing next in the dark for the third hour. I normally killed those dick-birds on this map and nothing. There is also a stage after action from the pub where the hunter was taken

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
After Shannon is taken by the DDs, you got to go
I collected the ingredients to make the bomb but I dont know what to do next
'Bomb' do you mean the one you made in the cave? If you did, then just head outside on to the road to town in the morning, place the bomb on the stars on the road, rest until noon then talk to Lara then go hide behind the rock and wait for Vera to come along.

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
I'm stuck ... can't sleep the day or do anything. I'm more or less after the red scene when the flying dicks took the figure. I do not know what we are doing next in the dark for the third hour. I normally killed those dick-birds on this map and nothing. There is also a stage after action from the pub where the hunter was taken
You need to go back to the house and talk to Vera, It will either be in the evening or afternoon(skip to this time).

If not- #1,297 i also have a walkthrough on this site on page 64.

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
The clock in the house has disappeared and the inn is also not working now.
Do you have a save from before then? If you do reload, see the scene then go back to the house without skipping time. Vera should meet you and then you need to go to the Northern forest.

Chinran

Mar 20, 2019
so at night if I climb the castle to the second level what do I do next? I seem to be missing something on what I'm supposed to do there... wait. knockout bomb?

SBSeed1

Oct 12, 2021

this is not exactly accurate, while it is true that vruk tells you what to do most of the time, it is hard for many to remember there is also the issue of chronological order to events which if you do not trigger them properly bugs your game and save so that the game cannot be continued, ontop of that is the fact that it would be easier for the user to have a proper questlog...

while the questlog might be more complicated to code (depending on length the creator dev is willing to go to) it is not impossible and it would be better for the creator to work on setting up text and data that can be called as flags/triggers update instead of having it work dynamically which is probably what the AGT creator did, no need to copy that just keep it simple stupid.

animations are not that big of a deal unless you are trying to solely use RPGm to create them, it is far easier to use a different program for animations that make it easy to use say keypoints for each part of the animation, once those animations are finished and smoothed out they can be called by RPGm (like any other game engine) to be played at specified times either when making a choice through the talk/com system or by triggers created and placed in the game environment...

again not super science just level of knowledge of RPGm and how best to utilize other programs/call procedures to get the desired effects without killing yourself during the process, part and parcel of this is becoming intimate enough with RPGm to utilize functionality in a more simple way.
it might be wise to do things the hard way to better understand RPGm and to use that understanding to go back and find better ways.

programming of any kind should not only be a learning experience but should also be used to help yourself make virtual hacks or shortcuts (for lack of a better term) to make things easier and to get yourself into a workflow that is efficient.

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
this is not exactly accurate, while it is true that vruk tells you what to do most of the time, it is hard for many to remember there is also the issue of chronological order to events which if you do not trigger them properly bugs your game and save so that the game cannot be continued, ontop of that is the fact that it would be easier for the user to have a proper questlog...

while the questlog might be more complicated to code (depending on length the creator dev is willing to go to) it is not impossible and it would be better for the creator to work on setting up text and data that can be called as flags/triggers update instead of having it work dynamically which is probably what the AGT creator did, no need to copy that just keep it simple stupid.

animations are not that big of a deal unless you are trying to solely use RPGm to create them, it is far easier to use a different program for animations that make it easy to use say keypoints for each part of the animation, once those animations are finished and smoothed out they can be called by RPGm (like any other game engine) to be played at specified times either when making a choice through the talk/com system or by triggers created and placed in the game environment...

again not super science just level of knowledge of RPGm and how best to utilize other programs/call procedures to get the desired effects without killing yourself during the process, part and parcel of this is becoming intimate enough with RPGm to utilize functionality in a more simple way.
it might be wise to do things the hard way to better understand RPGm and to use that understanding to go back and find better ways.

programming of any kind should not only be a learning experience but should also be used to help yourself make virtual hacks or shortcuts (for lack of a better term) to make things easier and to get yourself into a workflow that is efficient.
A journal HAS been added(at the start of the game[you can get it anytime from the gobin cave upto the Hunter]) and WILL be fully upto date for the next build.
Please post one of your animations as i'd like to see it ;)
BTW the Dev doesn't make any of the renders/animations he has peeps who do it for him and they are getting better and better.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 19 Votes