Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Just out of curiosity is there a difference what choice we make with Kari if we choose not to be monogamous? The first one I think awards slutty and submissive points, and the second choice gives no points and Kari says she's ok with that arrangement for now... just wondering if anyone can give me an idea what is the better choice if we want a throuple/harem with Lois, Mallory, Ashley and Aria.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Just out of curiosity is there a difference what choice we make with Kari if we choose not to be monogamous? The first one I think awards slutty and submissive points, and the second choice gives no points and Kari says she's ok with that arrangement for now... just wondering if anyone can give me an idea what is the better choice if we want a throuple/harem with Lois, Mallory, Ashley and Aria.
The stat checks aren't hard to pass, given how many points you accumulate over the course of the game. Just don't be a total dick to the girls and be up front about not being monogamous and you generally can pursue relationships with all of the girls you currently can and access all or at least most the sex scenes without issue. But if you want to see all of Lois's sex scenes, you either need to make her your personal slut or sub instead of your girlfriend. Or you could use my WT+ mod to allow you to see them anyway, and it will also give you hints about point changes and such to allow you to make more informed decisions.

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
The stat checks aren't hard to pass, given how many points you accumulate over the course of the game. Just don't be a total dick to the girls and be up front about not being monogamous and you generally can pursue relationships with all of the girls you currently can and access all or at least most the sex scenes without issue. But if you want to see all of Lois's sex scenes, you either need to make her your personal slut or sub instead of your girlfriend. Or you could use my WT+ mod to allow you to see them anyway, and it will also give you hints about point changes and such to allow you to make more informed decisions.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll check out your wt mod!

Reactions: Emelex

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
Thanks for that tip. I'm playing the game as "caring, open relationship", always being sweet to all of the girls, and hoping to collect as many of them as sex partners as possible.

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
I got a weird exception thrown right after we kiss Kari. The morning after when we are about to have our talk about what kind of relationship we want with her, it's just one exception after another. I got lucky I actually had a save for after that, but it's without agreeing to Ashley's terms as her sugar daddy.

I've tried replaying it from different saves and even with a clean install without the mod, it still crashed right before that scene. Worst case scenario, if I move ahead, can I still have Ashley even if I suggested we find an alternate opportunity for her instead of giving her money?

Reactions: Logan1377

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I got a weird exception thrown right after we kiss Kari. The morning after when we are about to have our talk about what kind of relationship we want with her, it's just one exception after another. I got lucky I actually had a save for after that, but it's without agreeing to Ashley's terms as her sugar daddy.

I've tried replaying it from different saves and even with a clean install without the mod, it still crashed right before that scene. Worst case scenario, if I move ahead, can I still have Ashley even if I suggested we find an alternate opportunity for her instead of giving her money?
If it's a problem with the game after installing my mod, you need to post the issue on my mod topic, preferably with a copy of one or more of the save files giving you trouble and/or an error report, and I'll see what I can do. If it's a problem with a clean, unmodded copy of the game, I'd suggest you post those things here and hope togs sees it and can fix the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Just a quick note to say I'm not in Witness Protection, but HAVE been absolutely hammered at work with a project we were falling behind on.

Anyway, that's done, but I need to go back a couple of pages here and respond to some of the comments, etc., and then we'll get things back on track!

Gonna to check out the discord server briefly, then I'm going to try to get a (relatively) early night!

haile23

Jul 1, 2019
Hey, just wondring if anyone had had a similar issue? After the interview on day 27, the wrong girls are at the office?

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Hey, just wondring if anyone had had a similar issue? After the interview on day 27, the wrong girls are at the office?
There are some faulty renders with the reception girls sometimes. I have Aria at the desk outside of MC's office and several times it's been Cassie in the background.

Who did you choose and who's there?

Maybe something will Latch on.......

RayJefferson

Mar 4, 2018
Error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/ch45.rpy", line 1501, in script call
    call newrelationship( cassie, -101 )
  File "game/functions.rpy", line 828, in script
    python:
  File "game/functions.rpy", line 836, in <module>
    if status.index( temp.relationship ) > 6:
ValueError: u'Help' is not in list

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
The Roommate 0.8.4
Thu Mar  2 02:55:48 2023

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
There was a problem with that, we knocked down a few of those and the coffin lid will be firmly nailed down with the next update which I HOPE will be this weekend.
Can you tell me how the phone and calendar exactly work?

I played the current version but I have no idea if I missed scenes and when I planned one event with the coffee shop girl the event didn't happen and MC just went to bed instead.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    python:
I'm not sure how this happened except with a rollback, perhaps? Anyway, I think it's handled now, look out for the next release!

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Can you tell me how the phone and calendar exactly work?

I played the current version but I have no idea if I missed scenes and when I planned one event with the coffee shop girl the event didn't happen and MC just went to bed instead.
My apologies. This has been discussed previously, but long story short the making the appointment with Ashley was a test of the calendar function and was left in by mistake. There will be additional Ashley content before too much longer, at which point making a date with her would obviously be more worthwhile!

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
My apologies. This has been discussed previously, but long story short the making the appointment with Ashley was a test of the calendar function and was left in by mistake. There will be additional Ashley content before too much longer, at which point making a date with her would obviously be more worthwhile!
I see.
And the phone? To me it seems it's also very early stage of development? 99% no response from girls.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
togs-games
Reactions to 0.8.4:
Wow! It's always entertaining to read your feedback! I think I did mention before this last release that I probably need to talk to you about some of the technical aspects of things.

The functionality of the phone itself didn't actually change - it was the calendar and its interaction with the phone that was the main change, although I probably over-emphasized it.

I feel like when you get a new phone you don't immediately try to call everyone you know, but perhaps it's the nature of things that people want to try out all the available options.

I've tried to make it reasonably clear when the phone is useful/appropriate, removed Pete and Trevor, etc.

But I guess this is all part of the "fun" - figuring out what works and what doesn't. Hopefully we get to an optimal balance.

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes