Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Jebus. You think remembering something when you were a kid a whole 18 years ago makes you old?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yes. We 30 year old boomers up in here. I'll have to delve into the new content later it seems. Might wait for the next update though to see if they fix some of these inconsistencies or we get like.... literally anyone other than Kiki as our PA (which iirc from what some said she's the only one atm we can end up with?)

Reactions: jI11jaCksjAkk

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yes. We 30 year old boomers up in here. I'll have to delve into the new content later it seems. Might wait for the next update though to see if they fix some of these inconsistencies or we get like.... literally anyone other than Kiki as our PA (which iirc from what some said she's the only one atm we can end up with?)
Kiki as PA is hard coded and is unlikely to change for story reasons.

Reactions: Logan1377

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Kiki as PA is hard coded and is unlikely to change for story reasons.
Random woman picked up as a front desk worker of a hotel you interacted with like once is the PA for a multi billion dollar company's CEO.... jeez. I get we're not having any sort of "realistic" game, but the business specific things were although not really all that accurate, still nice window dressing for the game.

Probably my most disliked part of the game if Kiki is forced content (That I find her one of the least attractive... actually one of the few UNattractive characters on top of it doesn't help :KEK: ).

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Random woman picked up as a front desk worker of a hotel you interacted with like once is the PA for a multi billion dollar company's CEO.... jeez. I get we're not having any sort of "realistic" game, but the business specific things were although not really all that accurate, still nice window dressing for the game.
Well...to be fair...

We also made a sugar baby barista a legal exec too....so c'mon man, at least we're consistant in our crazy decisions :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Logan1377

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
Well...to be fair...

We also made a sugar baby barista a legal exec too....so c'mon man, at least we're consistant in our crazy decisions :ROFLMAO:
Its all good fun. I see the MC as a wealthy playboy looking to hook up with as many hot women as possible, and apparently save his own life along the way through knocking up multiple hotties. Its a pretty awesome setup.

Reactions: CircaAD

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Well...to be fair...

I mean at least she was going to law school to potentially become one and was clearly competent, and didn't she just consult him or did I miss something where she has an official role now? So much sillyiness aside this with the cult human experimentation and boob meds. :LUL:

But we went to a whole new level there imo. The game is getting increasingly over the top even on the business side of things which was at least somewhat not quite 100% meme tier power fantasy. Maybe 99.8%. Our boy is a poor millionaire instead of a billionaire still. :KEK:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I mean at least she was going to law school to potentially become one and was clearly competent, and didn't she just consult him or did I miss something where she has an official role now? So much sillyiness aside this with the cult human experimentation and boob meds. :LUL:

But we went to a whole new level there imo. The game is getting increasingly over the top even on the business side of things which was at least somewhat not quite 100% meme tier power fantasy. Maybe 99.8%. Our boy is a poor millionaire instead of a billionaire still. :KEK:
Hahah all true enough...I actually think that's one reason I like this, it's just all a little silly.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Hahah all true enough...I actually think that's one reason I like this, it's just all a little silly.
Yeah I have as well. I just liked that slight tether hanging onto reality a touch, plus I cited, I'm a little biased. Would have preferred to have ability to choose the PA. With so many decisions after the start given to the player including essentially blocking off some character's routes (aside the karaoke night where everyone was there for whatever reason, lol). Forcing Lois' replacement to being Kiki is.... underwhelming to put it lightly given the array of other characters we had already in the company/etc.

Just feels like even more character bloat/content creep that wasnt needed/adds nothing to the story.

Reactions: Maviarab

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Yeah I have as well. I just liked that slight tether hanging onto reality a touch, plus I cited, I'm a little biased. Would have preferred to have ability to choose the PA. With so many decisions after the start given to the player including essentially blocking off some character's routes (aside the karaoke night where everyone was there for whatever reason, lol). Forcing Lois' replacement to being Kiki is.... underwhelming to put it lightly given the array of other characters we had already in the company/etc.

Just feels like even more character bloat/content creep that wasnt needed/adds nothing to the story.
Actually, if there was a choice of PA, then every scene with the PA would require extra renders for each of the possible people involved; plus possibly extra story to accommodate the various candidates having their own personalities, preferences, etc.

I understand why you'd feel that way. However, having options for such an important position would complicate things a lot more.

Reactions: SlapE

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
For those of you who are interested, my Walkthrough Plus+ Mod for The Roommate has been updated to v0.11.01. I haven't tested it on a full playthrough of the game from start to finish yet, but it should work just fine. If any of you encounter any errors, please tell me on the game's topic linked in my signature, and please delete any old versions of ch20.rpy and ch20.rpyc you might have in your game folder; they were removed from the mod because the base game's versions currently work fine on their own.

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
For those of you who are interested, my Walkthrough Plus+ Mod for The Roommate has been updated to v0.11.01. I haven't tested it on a full playthrough of the game from start to finish yet, but it should work just fine. If any of you encounter any errors, please tell me on the game's topic linked in my signature, and please delete any old versions of ch20.rpy and ch20.rpyc you might have in your game folder; they were removed from the mod because the base game's versions currently work fine on their own.
Thank you so much for the work that you do! This game in particular is so much easier when those exist. I haven't used a mod in a while, because while it always worked though the end of the update, it always prevented me from starting from that save point again, and I had to start completely fresh with every new release. Is that a common issue?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Thank you so much for the work that you do! This game in particular is so much easier when those exist. I haven't used a mod in a while, because while it always worked though the end of the update, it always prevented me from starting from that save point again, and I had to start completely fresh with every new release. Is that a common issue?
It is if you don't wait for the mod to be updated for the latest version of the VN.

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
It is if you don't wait for the mod to be updated for the latest version of the VN.
I was careful to always use the most recent one for the correct version. Made that mistake a bit in the past with other games. The walkthrough always did absolutely work through the end of the update and I was very happy to have it. The issue just was that time after time, when I downloaded the next update and next mod patch, the saves wouldn't load.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I was careful to always use the most recent one for the correct version. Made that mistake a bit in the past with other games. The walkthrough always did absolutely work through the end of the update and I was very happy to have it. The issue just was that time after time, when I downloaded the next update and next mod patch, the saves wouldn't load.
This also happens from time to time. Best solution is to rollback as far as you can on the new update, or go to an autosave point then play as normal. Usually fixes it. Better yet, never save near the end of an update, always roll back a little then make a save.

Jukke55

Oct 20, 2019
I gave up on using mods for this game a long time ago, the save issues just weren't worth it. I just use URM instead, doesn't fuck with my saves, and can still be used as a walkthrough of sorts if needed.
Same, I just look into the script file if I can't find all the new stuff in an update.

Last edited:

crisbr

Mar 12, 2018
Thank you Soo much without your mod.i never be able to play this game fully thxx mam

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Actually, if there was a choice of PA, then every scene with the PA would require extra renders for each of the possible people involved; plus possibly extra story to accommodate the various candidates having their own personalities, preferences, etc.

I understand why you'd feel that way. However, having options for such an important position would complicate things a lot more.
I'd literally take any of them other than random girl you spoke to like once at the front desk of a hotel on the other side of the planet (especially since you can opt not to help her being groped), as any of them actually make more sense.

It should've been Vanessa if anyone. It was completely lined up for that. Really feels like Kiki was one of these situations that was forced on by a donor, and not something that had a bunch of people clamoring for it, as it really makes little to zero sense.

I don't think I'm being that unreasonable to think this is probably one of the more out of place things in the game (aside inconsistencies with Kari's content many have issue with).

internet_says

Jul 17, 2017
On their patreon togs mentioned both sex on demand events and occasionally skipping ahead a week in time, I think those things could sort of be combined. Basically what I would imagine would be cool would be have a pool of possible simple 1 or 2 picture scenes tied to each girl and status/relationship (which could be added to over time to add more variety and renders could be pulled from past scenes) and every time a jump occurs you roll like 3 random numbers to decide which girls to pick scenes from and show some scenes of interactions based on your relationship with them like a montage of "time passed" during the week.

So like if you are not in relationship with Lois and she is picked you might see a shot of you working together, but if she is your submissive you might see the player spanking her or him talking to her while she is kneeling. And then pick a couple other girls with similar shots based on their relationships.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
On their patreon togs mentioned both sex on demand events and occasionally skipping ahead a week in time, I think those things could sort of be combined. Basically what I would imagine would be cool would be have a pool of possible simple 1 or 2 picture scenes tied to each girl and status/relationship (which could be added to over time to add more variety and renders could be pulled from past scenes) and every time a jump occurs you roll like 3 random numbers to decide which girls to pick scenes from and show some scenes of interactions based on your relationship with them like a montage of "time passed" during the week.

So like if you are not in relationship with Lois and she is picked you might see a shot of you working together, but if she is your submissive you might see the player spanking her or him talking to her while she is kneeling. And then pick a couple other girls with similar shots based on their relationships.
Could certainly work, I always like it (and personally prefer) when in any visual type media, skips are accompanied with stuff like this, just to give some context, the people have been doing 'something'...

Reactions: SlapE
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes