• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Zenae

Jan 9, 2018
I'm not sure if this is anywhere near the direction that is being developed, though maybe having a LactoMax version where the milk makes the person more suggestible could be used.

One of the receptionists could have that version and her milk used in situations where a possible hostile takeover is imminent to prevent the takeover from occurring. It could be used by one girl at the milking facilities, too, to prevent government inspections from going awry.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I should point out that the milking thing started out as a joke - a counterpoint to the "you don't get to shag your mom or your sisters" thing I said at the outset.

So I think there are other areas I'll be spending some time on before we go too much deeper down that rabbit hole.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Yeah, precisely the reason why I don't see a viable, healthy relationship for Kari and the MC.

(Obviously there is, because this is fiction, but realistically, no.)
It's just funny that you pick on Kiki to say that about when she's one of the few girls in the game that doesn't work for him.

Reactions: gregers

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
It's just funny that you pick on Kiki to say that about when she's one of the few girls in the game that doesn't work for him.
Yup. Almost every relationship the MC enters into (or can enter into) presupposes him being a lecherous bastard taking advantage of vulnerable women. Which is fine, I don't mind playing an arsehole from time to time.

Not a complaint at all, it only gets jarring when I see other people in this thread describing his relationships in highly romantic terms. They clearly read the story very differently, which is their prerogative.

As you say, Kiki doesn't even work for him, so there'd be nothing wrong with a quick hook-up or three. But the way she's introduced to the story explicitly highlights that her economic insecurity makes it difficult for her to reject the advances of abusive men.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I've lowered the threshold for the Lois path you mentioned, but just a notch (from 90 to 80), as I don't want to make it a given at this stage.
That sounds reasonable. Just as a reference point, without playing to deliberately target any particular stats I had both at 40 before the party: the +10 jealousy during the event bringing the total to 90 so I just didn't meet requirements.

I appreciate that you don't want to put roadblocks in front of the player, in which case it may be worth thinking about another option to access Lois' alternate path later. For now it requires a non-obvious, slightly arbitrary dialogue choice for it to be available at all (telling her she looks nice rather than beautiful at the party). There's not much to indicate to the player that her character path hinges on the choice.

Just to be clear: I also like Lois as a character and haven't really made my mind up about which route I prefer; this is just a comment on the story design. I appreciated how she and the MC discussed and redefined the 'slut' path during the flight the next day (in 0.6.1, I haven't looked at the later builds).

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
... it may be worth thinking about another option to access Lois' alternate path later. For now it requires a non-obvious, slightly arbitrary dialogue choice for it to be available at all (telling her she looks nice rather than beautiful at the party). There's not much to indicate to the player that her character path hinges on the choice.
Again, I didn't want it to be a foregone conclusion. In an ideal world (to my mind), players wouldn't see the stats/variables and wouldn't play to them. So I didn't telegraph it, but I think the difference in the possible responses is reasonable and I would say it's exactly the kind of thing that can seem innocuous to (some) guys and a big deal to (some) girls.

It's not an all-or-nothing. It seemed to me that the London trip was an opportune moment for something to happen. In this case it did come down to a simple choice of dialog, but it felt reasonable. Their relationship has been flirtatious from the outset - she goes all out with the dress (presumably a significant expense for her) and she gets a "you look nice". So she gets pissed (in both the British AND American sense). That and MC's flirtation with Vanessa are potentially a tipping point, depending on previous events.

But I feel like I'm repeating the same things over and over. I've tried to make it clear that I don't look to cut off entire possible story lines over one decision. As I said in a recent post, not going the sugar daddy route with Ashley doesn't mean there won't be other possible paths to a more intimate relationship with her.

I would also say that with the expanding "talent pool", there's no way MC can conduct sexual affairs with all of the girls simultaneously. So maybe he enjoys a period of time with one of the receptionists, for example. That perhaps plays out, now we find he has some time on his hands and (lo and behold) Vanessa calls about how she still wants to come work there, or maybe it's the other way around and he thinks of her for a position that's opened up. Who knows? For right now there are more possibilities than I can do justice to immediately, but I think it's useful to bring in guest stars with the potential for recurring roles, depending on what sort of response they get from the audience (you guys).

Finally, he's (relatively) rich and powerful. I think there may be examples in the real world of those kinds of guys having some remarkable luck with women.

Last edited:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Deep Blue Sea (had to look it up) is the name. But once the shitty sharks were mentioned it all came to mind. What a lousy movie that was... Hey! My idea wasn't as bad as that, and the girls wouldn't certainly try to bite the MC's dick off.:p
I knew the correct title, I was just having a bit of fun with that. I do wish I could come up with a scene like the one where Samuel L Jackson exits abruptly!

Hmm... maybe Marina could turn out to literally be a man-eater?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
But I feel like I'm repeating the same things over and over. I've tried to make it clear that I don't look to cut off entire possible story lines over one decision.
Yeah, I don't want you to think I'm badgering you or the game. And there's definitely such a thing as too much hand-holding as well, where none of your actions ever feel significant because there's never permanent consequences. There's a balance to be found somewhere in between, and on the whole I think the game does that quite well: Most actions create logical reactions.

Reactions: togs-games

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
Again, I didn't want it to be a foregone conclusion. In an ideal world (to my mind), players wouldn't see the stats/variables and wouldn't play to them. So I didn't telegraph it, but I think the difference in the possible responses is reasonable and I would say it's exactly the kind of thing that can seem innocuous to (some) guys and a big deal to (some) girls.

It's not an all-or-nothing. It seemed to me that the London trip was an opportune moment for something to happen. In this case it did come down to a simple choice of dialog, but it felt reasonable. Their relationship has been flirtatious from the outset - she goes all out with the dress (presumably a significant expense for her) and she gets a "you look nice". So she gets pissed (in both the British AND American sense). That and MC's flirtation with Vanessa are potentially a tipping point, depending on previous events.
Other than the slight change of events (from going and having sex with Lois or her getting drunk and next day having a chat about how do you want the relationship to change and having sex and her telling you dan't she doesn't mind being your misstress, is there a change in the dinamic of the relationship from that choice of telling her she looks nice/beautiful?

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
Some typos and errors:
Ashley: No, I have my motorcycle out back, but still have to close up. Can you meet me at my place in an forty-five minutes?
Image wake up hotel-suit--21' not found.
... snd(and) lets out slowly.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Some typos and errors:
Ashley: No, I have my motorcycle out back, but still have to close up. Can you meet me at my place in an forty-five minutes?
Image wake up hotel-suit--21' not found.
... snd(and) lets out slowly.
Really? Argh! Sorry, I will check that this evening.

"Image wake up hotel-suit--21' not found." When does that occur? What day is it in game?

Last edited:

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
Really? Argh! Sorry, I will check that this evening.

"Image wake up hotel-suit--21' not found." When does that occur? What day is it in game?
Uh deleted the files now. I think it was afterhaving sex with Lois after the party (she didn't get drunk). Before they are shown back at dawn

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Uh deleted the files now. I think it was afterhaving sex with Lois after the party (she didn't get drunk). Before they are shown back at dawn
Ah, okay. That, I think, is fixed in latest build (0603) which I posted links to yesterday.

I thought you were somehow seeing it when you were with Ashley!

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I think that's set way back at the beginning, you'd probably have to start over to properly fix it, unless you open the console and set the variable there.
I got curious and looked into it, and it turns out you modified the say screen. So anyone who is getting the bug must somehow be using a screens file with the default say screen instead of your modified one.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I got curious and looked into it, and it turns out you modified the say screen. So anyone who is getting the bug must somehow be using a screens file with the default say screen instead of your modified one.
Well, I've said till I'm blue in the face, I'm not thrilled about people using mods. So if they choose to use them, they're on their own.

The usual justification is that people don't have time to explore all the options. How long does it take to play the game compared to the time I put into making it? It took four months to get from 0502 to 0603. Admittedly, that's longer than usual, but still...

I think I'm pretty responsive to feedback, and it's not like there's just one linear path that's "right". So, that's my take on it.

That said, I will revisit the say screen - it may be that the changes I made weren't strictly necessary, especially since you pointed out the other thing with the "p" and "player" variables.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zenae

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
I knew the correct title, I was just having a bit of fun with that. I do wish I could come up with a scene like the one where Samuel L Jackson exits abruptly!
Hmm... maybe Marina could turn out to literally be a man-eater?
Oh! Right.
Sorry for the late reaction, but we had a holiday on Friday and been away till now. Sometimes I think I'm a lucky bastard. Perfect weather, beaches not full yet. It makes me wonder how would you put together a beach setting for the Roommate...
About Marina, I rejected her initially, as I've met a few girls like she appears to be before and what seems to be a quick shag always turns into a long headache. But I'm curious to see if and how you're going to develop her character.

Shiny76

May 6, 2020
Have gone through a couple of playthroughs. Enjoyable game with some attractive women (Lois, Kari, Tilly, Kiki, Vanessa), but I noticed a couple of issues.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As mentioned by some other posters here, Kari does look a little unnatural with some of the poses. Maybe a little variety might be nice. It would be nice to add sounds or music. Other than these things, it is a great game and I do want to see where the story goes and how MC will run the company.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Have gone through a couple of playthroughs. Enjoyable game with some attractive women (Lois, Kari, Tilly, Kiki, Vanessa), but I noticed a couple of issues...

As mentioned by some other posters here, Kari does look a little unnatural with some of the poses. Maybe a little variety might be nice. It would be nice to add sounds or music. Other than these things, it is a great game and I do want to see where the story goes and how MC will run the company.
I think most of the issues you mentioned have been dealt with by the latest build (0603). I will check on the issue with Mallory, as I don't think anyone has mentioned that one before.

As to the stiff poses, particularly early on, that came about as a result of my misunderstanding how a ren'py game was "supposed" to work.

Audio is a significant undertaking and I'm undecided about how to go with that. Maybe just incidental music and the odd sound effect, I don't know so maybe people can let me know what they think.

Voiceovers wouldn't be practical with the game still very much in development and probably in terms of cost.

Reactions: Zenae
3.80 star(s) 70 Votes