togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Okay, pay attention, because most of you WON'T want to download these...

These are links to Build 0408, which is for the sole purpose of remediating problems loading saved games from Build 0407, and Build 0503 which does the same for Build 0502.

Build 0408: - -

Build 0503: - -

If this affects you, you may want to tag this post for future reference.

Here's how it works:

Install Build 0408 (or 0503) and load the appropriate saved game from Build 0407 (or 0502)

You are now in game, of course. The new options are only available when you are in the game, rather than from the main menu.

The reason is that it saves a snapshot of variables at whatever stage of the game you're at.

Ideally you should be at the start of a game day, because that's were you'll resume.

Right-click or hit Escape to bring up the Save Menu.

Among the options, you'll see Export Data. Click on that to... export data.

It will write a file "roommate.txt" in the [install folder]/games/saves directory.

Copy that file to the same folder for Build 0601 or later.

You will need to enter the game for that same menu screen to be active.

This time you will hit Import Data.

The game will then jump to the beginning of whichever day you were in.

It's not a PERFECT solution, but should be enough to get you by.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeyUK

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
If high lust affects MC's behavior during a party then I'd definitely would like to check the low-lust version too (though I can wait for the next update no problem), but if he behaves the same way no matter how high his lust is then everything's ok.
No, lust doesn't affect his behaviour, at least not in this case. His outrageous flirting with Vanessa could be a result of:

A. MC having had a few drinks
B. Simply my puerile sense of humour

I'll leave it to you to decide which is more likely.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Mister_M

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
togs-games assorted notes and quibbles below
I think I've dealt with all the typos and omissions you mentioned.

I've lowered the threshold for the Lois path you mentioned, but just a notch (from 90 to 80), as I don't want to make it a given at this stage.

I had planned to hold back with Lois for a bit longer, but the London trip just seemed like too good an opportunity to pass up.

Despite the particular path you mentioned, I'm very fond of Lois and I don't want to waste her, if that makes sense.

That said, I don't think the possible outcomes are out of character for her, especially now we've clarified some of her history.

Lois has a bit of an inferiority complex when it comes to her femininity - she thinks she can't compete, especially with women that are naturally large-breasted. That stokes her jealousy a little.

I would say again that I am keen to avoid roadblocks, so there absolutely could be alternative triggers for certain things later.

As to the other receptionists, I plan to start introducing their storylines in week 7 (we're in week six right now). I'm not sure I will get to them all in one release, but fingers crossed.

So no - you won't need to go back.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
I wonder why every new version also can't load save file, have to start new game
Although I play with the mod, I also have the same problem after every update.
Either there is an error message when loading the saves, or it is loaded and after a click you end up back in the main menu.

MikeyUK

Apr 5, 2020
I still don't get why some people always seem to have trouble, and others never do.

Anyway, see Post #1,264 above.
I have just tried the 0408 and tried to export data but got an error message saying varible 'wanker' not defined.

I have now to copy the saves directory and reinstall 0407.

I've been pondering about this. How many of those people having the reload saves problem are using 32-bit exe? I have to use the 32-bit exe as I am playing on a tablet. This may be a cause. The 64-bit users may be the users who don't have this save game problem.

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I've been pondering about this. How many of those people having the reload saves problem are using 32-bit exe? I have to use the 32-bit exe as I am playing on a tablet. This may be a cause. The 64-bit users may be the users who don't have this save game problem.
That shouldn't have anything to do with it, the entire game is written in python, with the exe files only acting as a wrapper. Though computers are weird voodoo boxes, so who can say for sure?

Soulbro

Jan 14, 2022
I used the 64-bit exe and I had the same issue, you load your game, you get a black screen with a line of text and then when you try and continue it drops you to the main menu. I tried it with an un-modded install so it's not a mod that's doing it.

Also, since I am posting, I also had the issue (since I had to start from the start) of naming my MC but being called "Player" so I had to unrpa and hack the script file to put my name IN the script, even though the save game I created had my MC's name in it.

joshrip

Dec 21, 2017
Love this game. For some reason I really want Lois to have an accident of some kind that mandates the removal of her fake boobs with an option for her to be put on a new experimental drug of the doctors' that will increase their size naturally and/or the MC convinces her that he loves her with tiny tits. Great characterization and I can't wait for updates. I feel like the multiple options for secretary might end up being a major grind for the dev but I respect the desire to provide a highly customizable game!

Reactions: Zenae

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
MikeyUK - you say you get an error with a variable not being found - are you able to continue or does it fail/crash/exit?

When I was working on it I (going from 0601 backward through the older versions) I was able to tell it to ignore an error and carry on. Then I'd modify the script after.

MikeyUK

Apr 5, 2020
MikeyUK - you say you get an error with a variable not being found - are you able to continue or does it fail/crash/exit?

When I was working on it I (going from 0601 backward through the older versions) I was able to tell it to ignore an error and carry on. Then I'd modify the script after.
It was an one time occurance as when I tried to play it jumped to the main menu.

At the moment I am still playing 0407 and got to Day 19 with no further error "kari smile" not being found. Check the script file "ch13.rpy" and found that "kari smile" should have been 'k "<text>" which rectified that problem.

After I have played update Day 30, I'll let you how I have got on, as I am trying something that I not sure would work.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Really hoping for an expanded harem route in an expanded living facility. You may need to have Jed install a bigger shower. Do you think any of the girls would be willing to help you out with Mallory? Maybe you can used Mallory's picture on a carton of coffee creamer? I love the idea of casual Friday uniforms and I agree with player that it needs more underboob. Any chance you can add a shaving option?
Well, MC has Jed getting his guys back to work, so that will happen in time.

Hadn't thought about the girls helping with Mallory. Hmm... milk maids.

The receptionists' uniforms were a mechanism to help get everything moved along. Casual Fridays gives us the chance to have a bit of variety without the extra work/expense getting out of hand.

Shaving? Elaborate, please...

Zenae

Jan 9, 2018
Love this game. For some reason I really want Lois to have an accident of some kind that mandates the removal of her fake boobs with an option for her to be put on a new experimental drug of the doctors' that will increase their size naturally
I could see this as being therapeutic, too. With naturally large boobs she would regain confidence and feel less insecure over time.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: joshrip and Vleder

Zenae

Jan 9, 2018
Hmm. I'm not entirely convinced. After all, they really wouldn't be strictly natural. I'm not saying no, but not inclined to rush into that either.
No rush necessary.

I could see it being a long drawn out change that Lois eventually suggests after we learn more about LactoMax.

3.80 star(s) 70 Votes