togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
MISSING A RECEPTIONIST?

If your Senior Receptionist is invisible on Casual Friday, here's the cure...

It's a zip file containing the .

- open your "Game" folder
- create a subdirectory called "Images"
- unpack the files into that folder

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Okay, it really seems to have lost its way!

The fix is a little technical, but here it is...

Firstly, you'll need to re-enable the console:

- open the renpy folder
- open the common folder
- open the file 00console.rpy in a text editor
- find the line "config.console = False"
- change it to "config.console = True"
- make sure you don't change the indentation!

Now run the game:

- load your save
- enter "shift-o" to open the console (that's the letter oh, not zero)
- type "jump ch24" (and press enter)

The game should resume correctly from there.

I'll look into your other question about the binarycheckbit function and let you know what I find.

bobofthebush

Jun 9, 2017
It may just be that I am doing something wrong, but how much do the choices actually effect the plot and the scenes?

I can see with Lois, that the choices can make a lot between your relationship status, and the scenes that follow on from there. However, with characters like Kari it seems to largely be the same scenes, and i think images, but with different text.

As i said, could be i am doing it wrong and i will try again, but even with the walkthrough mod it doesn't seem to be changing a lot for some characters.

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Yeah, I've replayed the game after some post on the previous page and it basically changed nothing. Sure, you can say you don't want a relationship at all with some, but it never felt like anything made a huge difference - obv., with some characters, it's very early, so who knows how they play out, but esp. with Kari it feels unfortunately quite one dimensional (which I typically feel is okay for a game, but I think I've said this before, given that there's so much made of the whole "how do you treat them" etc. stick, it's disappointing).

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Give me more detail, as I can't think how that would happen.

But even if it does, it ought to be resolved by the conversation on the plane ride home.

Still, give me more info because I'd like to resolve some of these old bugs once and for all.
After party, one of the choices has Lois go full slut-mode. Checking with console, lois.status == "slut".

In the morning, the player wakes up and the forced conversation resets her to lois.status = "Uncertain" and the submissive route can't be pursued. Checking the code, the only way to pursue the submissive mode is by refusing her after the party and navigating her to the slut status in the morning.

It's possible it's WAI. It's possible it's not. Just thought I'd ask.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
MISSING A RECEPTIONIST?

If your Senior Receptionist is invisible on Casual Friday, here's the cure...

It's a zip file containing the missing images.

- open your "Game" folder
- create a subdirectory called "Images"
- unpack the files into that folder
thanks ,, ok replayed with Aria as 1st pic ..... so after sex with Cassie .. i got this traceback View attachment traceback.txt
and after i choose ignore ... the multi pic thing came up ... :)

Last edited:

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
Give me more detail, as I can't think how that would happen.
But even if it does, it ought to be resolved by the conversation on the plane ride home.
Still, give me more info because I'd like to resolve some of these old bugs once and for all.
That's one of the things I pointed out previously.

In the morning, the player wakes up and the forced conversation resets her to lois.status = "Uncertain" and the submissive route can't be pursued. Checking the code, the only way to pursue the submissive mode is by refusing her after the party and navigating her to the slut status in the morning.
There was a condition that determined Lois reaction after the party in London if the MC praised her.
Another way around that, and to get all the possibilities opened the morning after, was to neglect her during the party, she would take a little confidence hit and get drunk. That way the MC would get to bathe her and have all the scenes and choices play out in the morning. And again on the plane!

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
It may just be that I am doing something wrong, but how much do the choices actually effect the plot and the scenes?

I can see with Lois, that the choices can make a lot between your relationship status, and the scenes that follow on from there. However, with characters like Kari it seems to largely be the same scenes, and i think images, but with different text.

As i said, could be i am doing it wrong and i will try again, but even with the walkthrough mod it doesn't seem to be changing a lot for some characters.
Yeah, I've replayed the game after some post on the previous page and it basically changed nothing. Sure, you can say you don't want a relationship at all with some, but it never felt like anything made a huge difference - obv., with some characters, it's very early, so who knows how they play out, but esp. with Kari it feels unfortunately quite one dimensional (which I typically feel is okay for a game, but I think I've said this before, given that there's so much made of the whole "how do you treat them" etc. stick, it's disappointing).
I think the reason why Kari's options feel limited because she and her sisters are designed to counter MC's decease. That's why you can't really get rid of her; she's a MacGuffin.

Zenae

Jan 9, 2018
If it were up to me, the way Pete has acted for the entire game, he would be the next person out the door with a boot up his ass.

A so-called friend and does not have the MCs back.
Yeah, I'd love it if the MC replaced all of the males on the board, and any non-MC-leaning women, with females that have the MC's back, though maybe Professor Greenfield would be good there, once the MC invests more resources into his project(s).

Like Sylvie being a proxy for the missing doctor, too, maybe Greenfield picks up an assistant at a future headhunting poaching event and that assistant becomes his proxy on the board. I'm not considering the oblivious patient in the room next to Greenfield's desk to be a worthy candidate. :)

strus94738

Aug 26, 2018
Just out of curiosity as I loved the game so far (played first few days)
It's amazing :)
Thank you for the amazing game :)

So I wonder if there is possibility to still get Lois as your secret mistress ~

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
I think the reason why Kari's options feel limited because she and her sisters are designed to counter MC's decease. That's why you can't really get rid of her; she's a MacGuffin.
I think it's perfectly reasonable that the story plays out fundamentally along the same lines no matter what, and that will obviously include a lot about Kari and Lois and some other bits and pieces.

But there's a lot of dialogue options that feel like they should fundamentally change something; you can definitely be more a pervy asshole than somebody who is romantically smitten. But you (as far as I played) always end up lovey-dovey with Kari and always sorta buddy-buddy with Lois. And that aspect I find a bit disappointing, not that you can't completely ditch either of them.

I also gotta say that replaying it the first bits with Kari seemed a bit odd at times. Like you get closer ... then there's this sorta "gotta think about this" moment ... then it's clear she's into it ... but there's this "gap" of nothing happening. And then suddenly it's all happening. It's a bit weirdly paced.

Zenae

Jan 9, 2018
I also gotta say that replaying it the first bits with Kari seemed a bit odd at times. Like you get closer ... then there's this sorta "gotta think about this" moment ... then it's clear she's into it ... but there's this "gap" of nothing happening. And then suddenly it's all happening. It's a bit weirdly paced.
I equate that to Kari being awkward and introverted until she spends more time with Aria, then the dam breaks open.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
I don't know what this dev is doing but _every_ f'ing release my saves from the previous won't load...
again this time... every saves produces this...
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not find return label (u'game/ch42.rpy', 1652948412, 12719).

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "functions.rpyc", line 969, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1567, in execute
    next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
  File "renpy/execution.py", line 710, in lookup_return
    raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))
Exception: Could not find return label (u'game/ch42.rpy', 1652948412, 12719).

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
The Roommate 0.8.4
Sun Jan 15 17:46:08 2023
I give up... refuse to start from scratch again.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
ok to update .. with Aria as 1st pic. as sec. .. then we get to after the new c.o.o. for some reason ( i have the images you provided and put them in an Image folder )
these 2 images didn't show

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Zenae

ArK#007

May 21, 2021
Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/ch57.rpy", line 1239, in script
    if candidates.count( "Kari" ):
  File "game/ch57.rpy", line 1239, in <module>
NameError: name 'candidates' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/ch57.rpy", line 1239, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/ch57.rpy", line 1239, in <module>
NameError: name 'candidates' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
The Roommate 0.8.4
Mon Jan 16 01:22:18 2023
[/CODE]
what is this error I always get lot of errors around receptionists.Bug fixes doesn't seem to work either.

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes