Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
Okay ngl but I thought MC roofied Sylvie :KEK:
He gives her a coffee and then she's out cold lmao.

I will never get used to all the Sisters names and who's who. Kara, Kari, Kira, Kiri ahh ffs...should have called at least one of them Mabel.

Last edited:

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
So I think i made mistake. How long into the game can you decide what to make kari? Can you havr both Kari and Lois?
a)
A romantic relationship should come up as an option just during normal play.
For other options it's something like: If the MC makes no advances to her she'll eventually ask him to be her boyfriend herself. If he doesn't agree but then tries to call her several times after, you'll eventually get a scene with other relationship choices.

b)
Yes.

Also, I remember a phone call in 8.5 with Kiki where you got a lot of options but basically could ask her definitively to become a maid for you and I think she even agreed to it. Has that scene been removed or did I somehow just not trigger it?
She turned up at the pool party with the others when I loaded a save where she'd already been hired, but I had the same issue when ctrl-skipping through the game from the top. Wonder if there is a phone call required somewhere we missed.

Oct 10, 2022
I really like this game and think one of best around here but am I the only one who thinks storytelling got huge nosedive with this update? Up until now, we had an intriguing story with a little bit of mystery. I always thought girls fall too easy for MC but I justified that with him being charming, rich and young. Though, last update was just a fuckfest with some comic relief and adds nothing to story. I only hope it was just one time thing because in game characters lived through too many things in too little time, so they needed to wind down and story also followed that direction.

I kinda hoped we would see more explanation for MC's illness, Kira was an interesting character so more of her like how she secured a position in board meeting etc., some backstory of sisters, about the cult in the basement etc. maybe something about uncle and company, a little backlash for basically kicking out two execs out of blue, some confrontation with Pete etc. etc. etc.

Although, all things said it is a very good game and thanks to the dev for creating such a masterpiece.

Last edited:

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Also, I remember a phone call in 8.5 with Kiki where you got a lot of options but basically could ask her definitively to become a maid for you and I think she even agreed to it. Has that scene been removed or did I somehow just not trigger it?
I had that scene in my play through so it still exists. I cold-called her once the phone became available when considering women for reception. She turned me down for personal reasons. Once those personal reasons resolved, I called her again and after pleasantries, offered her a maid position.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
While we're grumbling about mechanics, I'm not crazy about the lust requirement for Lois' sex scene this update. If the MC has got off within the last few days there'll be no indication that a scene is even possible, which seems a pity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vleder and Strykker

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Crude fix for the issue with missing the phone when skipping: Drop this file in the "game" folder, and when "The phone is now available" appears, the game will automatically stop skipping. You may need to roll back one time to use it, but it will get you that close to each phone point.

Reactions: Vleder and kktcross

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Crude fix for the issue with missing the phone when skipping: Drop this file in the "game" folder, and when "The phone is now available" appears, the game will automatically stop skipping. You may need to roll back one time to use it, but it will get you that close to each phone point.
Yeh, I didn't use your mod but just went over the days with a fine-tooth comb and I think by calling Kiki the first time on day 57 exactly you can have another conversation on day 58 and then her mum will cork it on day 60 so you can call her again before the board meeting.

So it can still be done. But I think it would be difficult to argue that the phone system makes the game more elegant or intuitive than just regular ol' dialogue options.

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
Just a question why do you need the phone?

It constantly is an extra message 'phone available'.

I call kiki to ask if she would like the reception job, next dialog Lois is telling me maybe we could get kiki for that job.
that was the only time I used the phone, and most other just go to voicemail...

If you tell me something went wrong, and I should just reply it, I'm sorry, but the grinding is too boring, I'm not gone try that again....

Last edited:
Reactions: Strykker

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Just a question why do you need the phone?

It constantly is an extra message 'phone available'.

I call kiki to ask if she would like the reception job, next dialog Lois is telling me maybe we could get kiki for that job.
that was the only time I used the phone, and most other just go to voicemail...
The problem isn't having the phone -- I can see where there may be value to the player to control pacing and/or scene engagement: setting up consequence-less/repeatable a date, progressing an event chain, etc.

The problem is the phone interface is naturalistic -- it offers all contacts to the player as if a conversation is possible. I'd suggest either highlighting those contacts for whom an actual purpose to call exists or removing contacts that have no current interaction possibilities. Either would go a long way to making the interface more usable.

And dev: please for the love of God, do not give another woman a name starting with "K". The four sisters sharing a first name with the skeleton K?R? as a name? Almost cute; it can be remembered. But then tossing in Kiki and Kayla? No. Just... no. Too much spurious pattern recognition.

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Had a go at porting The Roommate v0.8.7 to Android with the walkthrough mod.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left for history and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links:

Reactions: GoodJob

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
I admit to not being a fan of the whole phone/schedule thing. Finished playing the latest update and at one point got a notification for a "Date with Ashley this evening" I had setup previously.
Then MC had the talk with all 4 sisters in their matching outfits and goes to bed alone. End of update. I honestly think it would have been better just sticking with straight forward VN type format without the needless phone/schedule UI addition. I'm sure I had another previous date fail a while back after scheduling it.

Also, the story line does feel like it's taking a bit of a nosedive now, feels a bit rushed and becoming manic with all the girls. Last thing you want is so many girls it ends up like WVM where you lose quality time with the ones you like, due to sheer quantity of them. Still enjoy the game though, but more previous updates to be honest.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
That game was really good and much fun but lately there is so many new girls that it becomes diluted and i totally loose any interest. The pool party was lame and annoying an even the sex scenes are dull now. It's always the same with those harem games, it's really difficult to maintain the attention once you have so many characters. You forget who is who and why at each new update and you start to not really care going from one fuck to another.

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes