togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
One thing that might possibly help if you're not already aware of it is the after_load special label, that gets run each time a game is loaded and can in certain cases allow updating variables in ways that the default statement can't handle.
That would help with just additional variables - it's changes to the main class that are the real obstacle. I really will be looking to lock it down soon!

Last edited:

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
Hi togs-games , the game is great, not sure if these have been mentioned before:

Marina has an undeserved reputation of being a slut. (deserved? She tried to bang mc as soon as she saw him)
Lois: Oh my god, yes! It's a good job(thing?) you reminded me!
MC: Hi Jaspar(Jasper), I'd like to know the current value of my portfolio.
Mallory: They say I wasn't able to provide for him properly, but i was making progress, I was getting there. (I think last time she talked about her kid it was mentioned it was a she "He said that she'd have a much better life with the adoptive parents.")
Didn't pick Aria as a receptionist yet in the drive back home the MC tells Kari that we are going to offer her the job

So, Ashley is Mallory's daughter and your great grand uncle was keeping them apart and banging them both?

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Hi togs-games , the game is great, not sure if these have been mentioned before:

Marina has an undeserved reputation of being a slut. (deserved? She tried to bang mc as soon as she saw him)
Lois: Oh my god, yes! It's a good job(thing?) you reminded me!
MC: Hi Jaspar(Jasper), I'd like to know the current value of my portfolio.
Mallory: They say I wasn't able to provide for him properly, but i was making progress, I was getting there. (I think last time she talked about her kid it was mentioned it was a she "He said that she'd have a much better life with the adoptive parents.")
Didn't pick Aria as a receptionist yet in the drive back home the MC tells Kari that we are going to offer her the job

So, Ashley is Mallory's daughter and your great grand uncle was keeping them apart and banging them both?
Well, the MC is irresistible... ;)

It's a good job is a British idiom, didn't realize that wasn't said here. Interesting.

Typos fixed, and Mallory's baby consistently female. Thanks for those!

The error with Aria was previously reported and is fixed in the update which I'm trying to get ready!

Pretty sure Ashley is too old to be Mallory's daughter!

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
Pretty sure Ashley is too old to be Mallory's daughter!
Oh, i thought of her as 20 something and Mallory at 40, having had her kid at 19. But i tend to do leaps of logic when trying to find connections in this games... mostly because i tend to believe the most degenerate possibility is the correct one, and MC's great grand uncle seemed capable of doing something like that.
Well, he can still be her former sugar daddy, it was said that both of them died last year.

FloridaNed

Apr 21, 2018
I need a walkthrough here, or at least an explanation of the different options.

What does each variable do?

Confidence?
Slut?
Dominance?
Submissive?
Trust?
Intimacy?
Hound?
Macho?
Jealousy?
Misc?
Management?
Bad or Good?

Some explanation would go a long way to prevent us from groping blindly in the dark.

I've tried multiple combinations, but I don't see the difference between domanince and submission, and those routes don't lead anywhere.

Is there a written walkthrough? I'm trying the walkthrough mod, but its not very helpful except for seeing what options grant what.

Last edited:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I was messing about. The post before mine. Honestly, I wish I had given the variables numbers instead of names.

But to clarify, submissive is the same as dominance, I changed the name to make it more appropriate to its function.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I need a walkthrough here, or at least an explanation of the different options.

What does each variable do?

Confidence?
Slut?
Dominance?
Submissive?
Trust?
Intimacy?
Hound?
Macho?
Jealousy?
Misc?
Management?
Bad or Good?

Some explanation would go a long way to prevent us from groping blindly in the dark.

I've tried multiple combinations, but I don't see the difference between domanince and submission, and those routes don't lead anywhere.

Is there a written walkthrough? I'm trying the walkthrough mod, but its not very helpful except for seeing what options grant what.
Okay, there are those that disagree with my approach, but I'm the developer of the game and the stats/variables are a mechanism of the game for my use, not the players'.

Bear in mind that this is still a long way from finished, so there are not necessarily outcomes to certain choices yet.

Play according to what you feel you want to do, rather than what some mod might have you believe is the "right" way.

As the game currently stands going with the dark side or the more enlightened path is not likely to irrevocably close off any options.

But it's very much a work in progress, and you certainly can't reach a proper "finish" at this point.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I absolutely love it when a game developer says play how you want and not how I want you to play
I don't think everyone would agree that I do that!

I can only tell you how I envision things. I feel like in my game you're better off doing what feels appropriate to the way you think MC should behave.

I've heard that people feel time pressure and don't have time to exhaust all the permutations, but I don't feel like I've "denied" anything based on how people choose to play. In fairness, though, I also haven't had time yet to explore all the options.

I would like, for example, to open up a path after they watch "Fifty Shades of Gray" where it might be an option for MC to show a darker side, and he goes all "Christian Gray" on her, or at least hints at that as a future possibility.

Time, as always, is the limiting factor.

Talking of which, back to my renders...

Sep 3, 2020
I don't think everyone would agree that I do that!

I can only tell you how I envision things. I feel like in my game you're better off doing what feels appropriate to the way you think MC should behave.

I've heard that people feel time pressure and don't have time to exhaust all the permutations, but I don't feel like I've "denied" anything based on how people choose to play. In fairness, though, I also haven't had time yet to explore all the options.

I would like, for example, to open up a path after they watch "Fifty Shades of Gray" where it might be an option for MC to show a darker side, and he goes all "Christian Gray" on her, or at least hints at that as a future possibility.

Time, as always, is the limiting factor.

Talking of which, back to my renders...
I think you misunderstood my comment I was saying that I loved that your game that you are making does not force me to do anything I don't want to do

I was saying that your game gives me Freedom when other games do not I was giving your game a compliment but I guess I didn't check the spelling sorry

fucking typos

Last edited:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I think you misunderstood my comment I was saying that I loved that your game that you are making does not force me to do anything I don't want to do

I was saying that your game gives me Freedom when other games do not I was giving your game a compliment but I guess I didn't check the spelling sorry

It's okay, I knew what you meant!

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Okay, down to the last few renders...

In the meantime, here's a chance for some "audience participation"...

For those of you that have been through the interviews, give me some questions you would have liked to ask, and we'll see about working those into the next point release.

Don't forget to mention who the question is for (if it's not the same question to all the girls).

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Okay, down to the last few renders...

In the meantime, here's a chance for some "audience participation"...

For those of you that have been through the interviews, give me some questions you would have liked to ask, and we'll see about working those into the next point release.

Don't forget to mention who the question is for (if it's not the same question to all the girls).
For Kayla the question is why Pete chose her out of all the foundation girls. That's more a question for him than her, though we could ask her why she thinks he picked her too.
And not a question but I hope we get a good look at the pictures Rei gave us at some point. :devilish:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
For Kayla the question is why Pete chose her out of all the foundation girls. That's more a question for him than her, though we could ask her why she thinks he picked her too.
And not a question but I hope we get a good look at the pictures Rei gave us at some point. :devilish:
I think your first question is answered during the interview - Pete thought the experience would be good for her, not that she was necessarily a serious contender for the job.

However, I've added the option to offer either Kayla or Rei an internship, should you wish to bring on of them on.

As to the second question, I need to tweak one of the pics (the one where she's on her hands and knees on the beach) and I plan to offer 4K renders of the set as a patreon reward - I feel like that's only fair.

Final point - I've run into a problem with renpy steadfastly refusing to play video. It thinks it's playing - if I adjust the number of loops the delay matches - but nothing is visible. I'll work around it if I have to, so with or without the video, the update will be available tomorrow evening.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Final point - I've run into a problem with renpy steadfastly refusing to play video. It thinks it's playing - if I adjust the number of loops the delay matches - but nothing is visible. I'll work around it if I have to, so with or without the video, the update will be available tomorrow evening.
That's strange. My first guesses would be either a codec error or a mistake in the code that presents the displayable to that it's playing it on a surface that isn't actually visible.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I don't know what the hell is going on with the video, and I've wasted way too much time already.

But I'm too tired to take another public arse-kicking if there are any unresolved bugs, so should I get a couple of volunteers to test the new build before I do a full release? Or do I release and hope for the best?

Clearly there will need to be another update (when I've solved the video problem) before I move on to version 0.5.

I hope I'm making sense...

Reactions: CrazyRabbit
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes