gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
When I try to load a save it goes back to the start/splash screen. Any ideas?
Saves from before ca. 0.4.2-ish are likely broken; saves from more recent versions may work as long as you load a save from before day 25. But there have been minor changes made throughout, so might be worth starting a new game in any case.

Reactions: tonypiow

randomname42

May 30, 2017
First time playing the game, quite enjoying the story.

Only thing of note is that it seems if your lust is high/maxed out when having sex with Kari on day 28, on day 29 the morning routine will call the usual "wake up with an erection", which will then error out because it tries to (dynamically) reference an image "wake up bed 29" with attribute "erect" (leading to no image being shown on-screen). And that is then followed by an exception for the same image not existing:

Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/ch29.rpy", line 66, in script call
    call morning( "Something is definitely different this morning..." )
  File "game/functions.rpy", line 54, in script call
    call glory
  File "game/functions.rpy", line 312, in script
    scene expression "[end_img]" with dissolve
Exception: DynamicImage u'[end_img]': could not find image. (u'wake up bed')
Ignoring the error allows the game to proceed normally.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020

Only thing of note is that it seems if your lust is high/maxed out when having sex with Kari on day 28, on day 29 the morning routine will call the usual "wake up with an erection", which will then error out because it tries to (dynamically) reference an image "wake up bed 29" with attribute "erect" (leading to no image being shown on-screen). And that is then followed by an exception for the same image not existing:

Code:
While running game code:
    call glory
togs is aware of that and will fix it for the next version. If I remember correctly, he also said he'll be expanding that scene, especially the morning after.

Reactions: gregers

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018

Code:
While running game code:
    call glory
Yeah, I think this was reported a while back (so you're not alone). I thought it had been fixed tbh., but it might have to wait for 0.5. Since it's close to the end of the current build it might be worth hanging on to a save from day 28 so you can just pick it up from there.

Reactions: Vleder

TRANT

Aug 22, 2017
Are you trying to play from a save from after day 25? It looks like it's missing information on whether you chose to bring on one of the unqualified receptionist candidates as an intern.
First download and play ever, I didn´t mod the game and choose Cassie as the intern.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
First download and play ever, I didn´t mod the game and choose Cassie as the intern.
In that case I don't know what to tell you. Although something is definitely hinky: Kayla and Rei should be the two possible intern candidates, Cassie shouldn't be an option for that position at all.

The dev mentioned upstream that they were busy with work these days, but you may have to wait for them to have time to look at it.

Reactions: togs-games

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Oh no, that's a known issue. You only get the first meeting with Aria on day 6 if kari.intimacy is above 150. In that case the order of events makes sense, but if you don't meet the threshold the logic goes awry: Then the first meeting at the pizza place only triggers on day 28, after the job interview.
I thought I'd worked around that, but it does make much more sense if MC is seen to meet Aria, so if you don't go for pizza on Day 6, Kari will ask you to meet her for lunch the following Saturday.

Reactions: Vleder and gregers

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I thought I'd worked around that, but it does make much more sense if MC is seen to meet Aria, so if you don't go for pizza on Day 6, Kari will ask you to meet her for lunch the following Saturday.
Sounds good.

In case it's any use (as one data point among many), here are the stat lines for Kari and Lois at the end of my playthrough (not particularly romantic, but not taking absolutely every opportunity to be an arsehole either).

1634924135279.png 1634924149041.png

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
I'm playing right now and I don't know if the following bugs were reported:
I got a error screen after MC slept the night after saying to Kari that he prefers them to be just roommates and she went to Aria. Second thing: when calling to Kari afterwards (at the car) and leaving a message MC calls himself Steve no matter player's custom name. Sorry if I'm repeating bugs mentioned by others.

Reactions: gregers

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
In case it's any use (as one data point among many), here are the stat lines for Kari and Lois at the end of my playthrough (not particularly romantic, but not taking absolutely every opportunity to be an arsehole either).

View attachment 1464026 View attachment 1464031
May I ask how to access these stats? In my playthrough I only had one appear randomly. Also, are they changed from the earler version? I think there was a dom stat too in the past.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
May I ask how to access these stats? In my playthrough I only had one appear randomly. Also, are they changed from the earler version? I think there was a dom stat too in the past.
They're not supposed to appear in the game (though occasionally they pop up by accident) in part because they may be misleading to the player. I just forced them from the console out of curiosity (call stats( kari )).

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I'm playing right now and I don't know if the following bugs were reported:
I got a error screen after MC slept the night after saying to Kari that he prefers them to be just roommates and she went to Aria. Second thing: when calling to Kari afterwards (at the car) and leaving a message MC calls himself Steve no matter player's custom name. Sorry if I'm repeating bugs mentioned by others.
They've both been reported before, but no harm in repeating them just in case. Things easily get lost in the shuffle.

To:togs-games Hi There.:)
what will happen when the player don't like Kari?:unsure: please tell me.
I'm not fan to Kari so i treat her like :poop: Don't tell me the game force her on player,
or is game over if i don't like her.:cautious:
I will love to live with the secretary!:love:
That's already in the game: You get the choice to accept her as a girlfriend or not. If you reject her, she leaves to stay with her friend.

(Also your bold button seems to be stuck.)

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
To:togs-games Hi There.:)
what will happen when the player don't like Kari?:unsure: please tell me.
I'm not fan to Kari so i treat her like :poop: Don't tell me the game force her on player,
or is game over if i don't like her.:cautious:
I will love to live with the secretary!:love:
Although I don't understand why anyone would treat Kari that way, she won't be forced on you, but remain a major character throughout the story if you reject her.. You can have Lois or Kari or both even, according to the latest developments of the game.

randomname42

May 30, 2017
Did a search and saw a bug related to the ES_Intern variable mentioned earlier, but this is slightly different, so wanted to make sure togs-games is aware - if you picked the neither option for Kayla/Rei, the ES_Intern variable is be just u'', which will then cause an exception on D29:

Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/ch29.rpy", line 29, in script
    $ temp = getattr( store, ES_Intern.lower() )
  File "game/ch29.rpy", line 29, in <module>
    $ temp = getattr( store, ES_Intern.lower() )
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute ''

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes