togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
... broken again again and again. At this point it's not even funny, it's just ridiculous.
It is, and I'm sorry, it's a labour of love and a huge learning curve. I'm trying to be responsive to people's wishes as far as possible. But first attempt at something like this and it's just me. Obviously I'll get these issues ironed out, maybe see what you think once it's generally agreed things are back on track.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
It is, and I'm sorry, it's a labour of love and a huge learning curve. I'm trying to be responsive to people's wishes as far as possible. But first attempt at something like this and it's just me. Obviously I'll get these issues ironed out, maybe see what you think once it's generally agreed things are back on track.
Don't bother with people who can't give constructive criticism, they often just complain for the sake of complaining. Too many people on this forum doesn't seem to get that this is under DEVELOPMENT and bugs and changes WILL happen.

You're making an amazing VN, just stick to your guns!!!

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Don't bother with people who can't give constructive criticism ... You're making an amazing VN, just stick to your guns!!!
Thanks. I'm learning to not let it get to me, and I do understand people's frustration with the problems, especially over the last several builds. So I'm just chalking it down to experience. At the same time, I feel like I have to respond because I don't want those who are unhappy to put off other people.

I'm not ignoring the issues, doing my best to understand the problems and trying to avoid any more!

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Thanks. I'm learning to not let it get to me, and I do understand people's frustration with the problems, especially over the last several builds. So I'm just chalking it down to experience. At the same time, I feel like I have to respond because I don't want those who are unhappy to put off other people.

I'm not ignoring the issues, doing my best to understand the problems and trying to avoid any more!
Personally I didn't really mind replaying the game (I think for the 3rd or 4th time), last time I did it with ctrl so went by very fast, but even then I stopped few times, cause I like the dialogues quite a lot (and scenes when MC talks to some unpleasant people are always satisfying). Oh, and I was really happy to see new employers (Bree in my case) are already at work; I hope for a lot of content with them (her).

Reactions: togs-games

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
I chose Kari for the position of receptionist. - But she refuses. (Why?)
What needs to be done to get her to accept this position? (What conditions are needed for this?)

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I chose Kari for the position of receptionist. - But she refuses. (Why?)
What needs to be done to get her to accept this position? (What conditions are needed for this?)
She won't accept it. If you push it, she'll state her reasoning:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tl;dr: She doesn't want to work too closely with the MC, for the sake of her reputation, her career, and their relationship.

Reactions: JimMorrison19

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
The truth, plain and simple, is it would be boring. It doesn't matter how much you love someone, being together 24/7 is too much. In my opinion.

Kari: How was your day?
MC: Well, you know, you were never more than thirty feet away...
Kari showing signs of near-human intelligence for once.

I kid because I love ;)

Reactions: togs-games

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
I'd be curious to see if I can sort some of these issues out, if you can tell me where you were in the game and which version you last used. If necessary, perhaps you can send me the game save file?

JenMistress, you too?
Sorry for the late reply, i loaded a save just at the last moment of the previous update when you are in your bed i guess, then i tried another save from maybe 10 minutes sooner and each time i was sent back to the menu.
Then i loaded a save from an older update and it seemed to work but as it was quite far i didn't go trough, i prefered to wait for an update that will adress that bug.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Sorry for the late reply, i loaded a save just at the last moment of the previous update when you are in your bed i guess, then i tried another save from maybe 10 minutes sooner and each time i was sent back to the menu.
Then i loaded a save from an older update and it seemed to work but as it was quite far i didn't go trough, i prefered to wait for an update that will adress that bug.
No problem. Have you tried deleting the persistent data file (or just move it out of the folder)? Several people say that has helped.

Otherwise you could email one or more of the saves and the persistent file from the save folder I'd be curious to see those, as well as the errors, log and traceback text files from the main game folder.

I set up an email account, bugs@togs-3d.com, for this.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I'm moving on with new content for the next version, but if someone can supply examples of broken saves, I would like to resolve those problems.

Last edited:

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
There's not much to show there, no error messages, nothing...
If you load an old savegame, the image loads but the textbox is empty and every possibility to click further or go back is missing.

I finally deleted the old saves and started a new game.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I have a website, where I'm going to discuss some of the background to the game itself, and some of the characters. There's not a huge amount of content yet, but there are character pieces on Lois and Ashley, and there'll be more to come, so bookmark it if you're a fan!

Apr 27, 2021
I've had problems of broken saves but only after the day when MC went to bartender's house (day 14, if I remember correctly). Loading a save from a previous day, it's been ok.
Skipping the majority of the dialogues (that, obviously, I had read in my previous game), I've returned to previous end in less than a hour.
So, no problem for the little bug.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I need to go to bed, but first... screenshot0005.png

Tilly needs your help!

It seems Tilly has some reservations about the uniform she was provided.

I guess it will just have to do for the London trip, but in November we'll have a little contest on patreon, so it'll cost you a dollar to enter! I know, I'm such a mercenary...

Design a new uniform! You can describe it, send pictures, or do whatever it takes to put your ideas across, and I'll do my best to translate it to glorious CG imagery!

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes