gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Okay, I'm sure there will be the usual post-release craziness. Sorry, but it's one of the pitfalls of being the sole developer.

(although we'll probably be seeing a Build 0606 once you lot have torn this latest version apart!)
I noticed the same superfluous 'went' as Mister_M mentions above, but didn't make a note of the place, otherwise very little to quibble at.

I was a bit puzzled that Kari was so surprised and angered by the MC being intimate with Lois when taking her to the car on day 42 (if Lois is his mistress/slut/sub), when he'd already told Kari about it previously and it was one of the conditions of his agreeing to date her in the first place, but assume that's working as intended and just a way to show her emotional immaturity.

And the MC not telling Kari about Kara or about the photo he found really seems phenomenally stupid, but is presumably there to drive drama in the narrative. He promised Kara not to tell Kari about her until they'd met, which would be ... now. Withholding that information from Kari for a second longer than necessary seems like a recipe for disaster, and somewhat implausible if he has any concern for her at all.

Reactions: Vleder and Gorse

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, that sounds like a bug. That scene should have been skipped if your relationship with Lois is all business. Maybe you've somehow bypassed the conversation on day 40 that defines her status or it may still be set as uncertain. If you've got the console active, what's the value of lois.status?

Reactions: Mister_M

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Yeah, that sounds like a bug. That scene should have been skipped if your relationship with Lois is all business. Maybe you've somehow bypassed the conversation on day 40 that defines her status or it may still be set as uncertain. If you've got the console active, what's the value of lois.status?
Hmm, I have the console active (you mean the one that appears when Shift+O is used?), but the only thing it tells me about lois.status is u'Uncertain'. So I'm not sure I'm looking at what I should be looking at.

Reactions: gregers

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Hmm, I have the console active (you mean the one that appears when Shift+O is used?), but the only thing it tells me about lois.status is u'Uncertain'. So I'm not sure I'm looking at what I should be looking at.
Yeah, that's what I meant, thanks. You've somehow managed to avoid clearing up your relationship with Lois during day 40-41 (I haven't checked the script in detail to see how that can be done), and the current script for day 42 doesn't account for that possibility.

Quickest fix would be to add "Uncertain" as a skip condition on day 42, but that would mean continuing to account for that possible relationship status in the future. The other option is to adjust the day 40 script so it is no longer possible to keep her status uncertain.

Edit: Looking a bit further, I think you must've told Lois on day 39 that you've had too much to drink and shouldn't fool around right now. The game interprets that as you/the MC being interested in Lois, just not right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mister_M

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Yeah, that's what I meant, thanks. You've somehow managed to avoid clearing up your relationship with Lois during day 40-41 (I haven't checked the script in detail to see how that can be done), and the current script for day 42 doesn't account for that possibility.

Quickest fix would be to add "Uncertain" as a skip condition on day 42, but that would mean continuing to account for that possible relationship status in the future. The other option is to adjust the day 40 script so it is no longer possible to keep her status uncertain.
So, I've reload my earlier save (still in UK) and now everything's fine, it's 'All business'. Thank you for your help.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
The Kari path is busted yet again. In one playthrough I rejected her and despite that, had the scene at the airport. The airport scene has now been corrected but on Saturday night, and without a choice given, it's back to banging her. This is despite the "Interest" variable set to "0".

Addendum: Looking at the code, there is no choice but to go to bed with her (ie, Kari) after eating. All options lead to label .timeforbed

Last edited:

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
The Kari path is busted yet again. In one playthrough I rejected her and despite that, had the scene at the airport. The airport scene has now been corrected but on Saturday night, and without a choice given, it's back to banging her. This is despite the "Interest" variable set to "0".
Yeah, that scene currently depends purely on having had sex with Lois, regardless of your relationship with Kari (so those who've stayed monogamous with her won't get the scene).

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
The Roommate [v0.6.5 Public] [togs] crunched

Original / Compressed Size Win: 765 MB / 171 MB - The_Roommate-0.6.5-win-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Linux: 758 MB / 161 MB - The_Roommate-0.6.5-linux-crunched.tar.bz2
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 748 MB / 154 MB - The_Roommate-0.6.5-mac-crunched.zip

Download (Win/Linux/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools:
UnRen v.0.12(v4) (VepsrP/Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) - -

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Yeah, that scene currently depends purely on having had sex with Lois, regardless of your relationship with Kari (so those who've stayed monogamous with her won't get the scene).
I didn't have any sex scene with Kari (just finished the update) and I didn't have sex with Lois. In my playthrough everything works (suprisingly?) fine. Though I have no idea why MC didn't tell Kari about the photo (or about her sister for that matter).

Reactions: Vleder

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Many reviews mention harem and multiple love interests...are there screenshots? The one in the a public renders are more or less a "daz stock," character so I'm curious what the other women look like.

• Angry
Reactions: KiichiYakuza

Litvan

Aug 6, 2016
The Roommate [v0.6.5] Walkthrough Mod
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label after_load is defined twice, at File "game/JokerMod/JokerTextbox.rpy", line 8:
label after_load:
and File "game/functions.rpy", line 147:
label after_load:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Wed May 18 21:47:20 2022
Happens if I use unren to enable dev and console menu.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label after_load is defined twice, at File "game/JokerMod/JokerTextbox.rpy", line 8:
label after_load:
and File "game/functions.rpy", line 147:
label after_load:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Wed May 18 21:47:20 2022
Happens if I use unren to enable dev and console menu.
So, don't do it

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes