giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
The Roommate [v0.6.5 Public] [togs]

Android

SIZE ~ 134 MB

- -

The Android port/version is not official.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Thy4nd

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
Same for me.
I am also getting same issue also if I start a new game and I put in my age and first and last name still in game my name is showing as Player during interaction with others and not the name I put in. This update is buggy I suppose uploaded without testing I suppose.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ai Shoujo Fan

jkjkjkjkjk

Feb 23, 2020
I'm on the Lois exclusive path and have turned down Kari and she's supposed to be getting a different apartment and it's still having me hook up with Kari in the update. It also says I f'd Mallory but just used the toys on her not sure if it's supposed to say that or not. If that's just a semantics thing no biggie just wanted to be sure.

Akeymu

Jan 22, 2020
Out of curiosity is there a way to turn off/remove the black box for high lust? It's annoying overall and doesn't really make much sense to put it in if the bar is already showing the rate? Maybe have it enabled near the skull(85-90%?)

Also curious if anyone knows a way to lock lust at around the 3rd dot? Realized sex scenes are based off the lust bar?

justaguy44

Jun 30, 2018
Like others, getting booted to main screen immediately if I load a save later than post-coital talk with Lois, whether I have the mod loaded or not. Can still load the sex scenes with her, and the game will go through until she tells MC she's fine, then get booted to the main menu.
I saw the bug where the MC is just called Player, instead of the name I gave him, last update (6.1).

• Red Heart

demoxxx82

Mar 22, 2022
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/functions.rpy", line 1033, in script
$ opt_4 = s_choices[4 + s_offset]
File "game/functions.rpy", line 1033, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/functions.rpy", line 1033, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/functions.rpy", line 1033, in <module>
File "renpy/python.py", line 992, in __getitem__
rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
The Roommate 0.6.5
Thu May 19 08:53:43 2022

Reactions: Sterlings

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
same issue as most of you here. Can't advance story, instead right after load the save, do one click and I am back to main menu, no new content is shown in v6.5

• Red Heart

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Description... And you don't get to shag your mom (or your sisters)

But that's exactly what I want to do in games:cry:

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Weird, I continued the update using my saves from the previous one and I've continued the previous one with saves from the one before it. There were few bugs, but using save before the choice made in the plane worked just fine.

Reactions: gregers

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
At a glance, there's nothing funky in the update that should interfere with saves (unless ren'py gets in one of its moods). Unless you're trying to load a modded save of course, in which case take it up with the modder.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I usually have no issues with loading a save. I have tried to load previous saves as well with the same jump to menu problem as the other players are reporting.

• Red Heart

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
At a glance, there's nothing funky in the update that should interfere with saves (unless ren'py gets in one of its moods). Unless you're trying to load a modded save of course, in which case take it up with the modder.
Can confirm unmoded saves getting caught up in the loop.
Got the same results on an entirely different SSD w/Linux as well.
Scratching my head about this one.

Starting fresh, see how it goes.
May finish it tomorrow or the next day.
Lot on my plate atm.

Best of luck to everyone, keep trying.
This VN has been pretty good and so far have enjoyed all previous updates.
Keep it going Dev's!! (y)

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
Some immediate impressions on 0.6.5 update (skipping 0.6.4):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I was a bit puzzled that Kari was so surprised and angered...
When you said that it was a surprise because in my playthrough the MC has been everything but a saint but she didn't seem to be jealous enough...:unsure:

Weird, I continued the update using my saves from the previous one and I've continued the previous one with saves from the one before it. There were few bugs, but using save before the choice made in the plane worked just fine.
I've also been using saves from quite a few updates back and the only problem I had (mentioned in the spoiler) was due to change in conditions.

Beyond the previous issues, if anything, I felt this update (weekend only) kept opening doors, which seems to be just togs being himself, and that's fine, but it'll become increasingly hard to close them properly. I've advised previously not to got that hard when setting thresholds that might ruin players fun by locking them out of relevant content. It often can be done in favor of simpler yes or no choices to great results.
Finally, about the image compression. I'm always scared when devs talk about compressing images and I haven't "checked" the whole game but, regarding these two updates, it seems it was done properly without noticeable affecting image quality.

justaguy44

Jun 30, 2018
Okay, going all the way back to messing with Tilly on the plane on the way to London seems to have taken care of the issue.

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes