javikaston

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2019
I love this game and I even have too many pages worth of saves. that for some reason i cant use why ?

Immunity

Jul 8, 2017
So, fresh save, new game, never played. I installed the joker WT mod correctly (merged "game" folder, it shows the Joker Options in preferences), but the very first dialogue choice given doesn't show that stat choices underneath like it does in the screenshot. What gives?

Edit - seems to work on all subsequent choices, but NOT the first one. must be a bug in the mod.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Only started the game today so it's not a save issue, the mod is fucked.

Sods law really. I rarely ever use walkthrough mods and when I do they are broken ones.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CrazyRabbit

Spyderwraith

Jul 21, 2017
Is this error because of the mod? or no?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/ch04.rpy", line 187, in script call
"You wanted to do some work but the internet is out again."
File "game/phonebook.rpy", line 26, in script call
"You put your phone away."
ScriptError: could not find label 'calendar'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 652, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'calendar'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
The Roommate 0.7.1
Wed Sep 21 00:10:12 2022

nillax

Jun 23, 2018
just got this and ive tried to reinstall the game and reload it but it shuts down again after i do al that

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/ch36.rpy", line 348, in script call
call girlcount() from _call_girlcount
ScriptError: could not find label 'girlcount'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1490, in execute
rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'girlcount'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
The Roommate 0.7.1
Wed Sep 21 17:59:54 2022

Onetogo

Jul 16, 2019
do i have to remove the mod for the error to be fixed?
No, just open up ch36.rpy in a text editor and change line 348 from

to

# call girlcount() from _call_girlcount

and then save it. When you run the game it will recompile the script. The script will still correctly read the girlcount variable.
nillax Here's your fix.

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
Technically that's a hacky workaround. The same approach doesn't fix a similar problem that occurs in a latter scene with Cassie. Doing a comparison, this appears to be a problem with the compressed version. Joker's mod is not at fault (it doesn't change anything besides appending stat change info to various choices).

Edit: Or maybe I spoke too soon. Joker's functions.rpy is definitely out of date, which is what those errors are referencing, but fixing that results in loading a save simply returning to the main menu with no error.

Edit 2: Curiouser and curiouser. So replacing functions.rpy seems to fix the issue on the non-compressed version, but the compressed version appears to be borked. Trying to see if I can figure out the specific issue there. In the meantime, here's the corrected functions.rpy (JokerLeader: you may want to update your mod post with this).

Edit 3: For the compressed version, it seems like the contents of the cache folder might be at fault. Replacing this with the non-compressed version (plus the fixed script detailed above), suddenly that seems to be working properly. Attached below as well. Extract into the game's root folder.

Last edited:

nillax

Jun 23, 2018
nillax Here's your fix.
thanks but i did kind of a workaround by somehow keeping my saves after i removed all of the mod items and then reinstalling the game to a different folder. i miss the green highlighted areas now but was able to complete it to the stabby stabby recovery. will try to reinstall the mod on the next update and see if it works out then.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Normally i'm all for drama that moves a plot on but I think some thing has gone a bit too far.

Cassie moves here because her ex beat the shit out of her and you have her assaulted by Randy.

I think that's a bit fucking much.
you don't have Randy assault Cassie ... he does that all on his own .... he considers the MC as his nemesis ... and tries to get even .... for what the MC had done to him .... for the shit he done ..... i hope that doesn't sound to confusing :unsure:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
you don't have Randy assault Cassie ... he does that all on his own .... he considers the MC as his nemesis ... and tries to get even .... for what the MC had done to him .... for the shit he done ..... i hope that doesn't sound to confusing :unsure:
I was referring to the dev having Randy assault Cassie.

I think that was just going too far for the sake of the story.

She's already gone through a traumatic event and the dev puts her right into another one. Lets be honest, she's done now, there is no going forward for her. She wouldn't feel safe in her home and her mental health would be fucked.

I don't see the point in that at all. It was enjoyable up until that point but that was a game killer for me.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Technically that's a hacky workaround. The same approach doesn't fix a similar problem that occurs in a latter scene with Cassie. Doing a comparison, this appears to be a problem with the compressed version. Joker's mod is not at fault (it doesn't change anything besides appending stat change info to various choices).

Edit: Or maybe I spoke too soon. Joker's functions.rpy is definitely out of date, which is what those errors are referencing, but fixing that results in loading a save simply returning to the main menu with no error.

Edit 2: Curiouser and curiouser. So replacing functions.rpy seems to fix the issue on the non-compressed version, but the compressed version appears to be borked. Trying to see if I can figure out the specific issue there. In the meantime, here's the corrected functions.rpy (JokerLeader: you may want to update your mod post with this).

Edit 3: For the compressed version, it seems like the contents of the cache folder might be at fault. Replacing this with the non-compressed version (plus the fixed script detailed above), suddenly that seems to be working properly. Attached below as well. Extract into the game's root folder.
My Mod does not have the functions.rpy since I don't have any use for it, so the Mod uses the One on the original or compressões version, depending on wich version you've download

Last edited:

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
You might want to check your zip file. Not only is it included, you have added walkthrough colouration added to it. Stuff like walking up with an erection.
You are correct, My Mod does have the functions.rpy, my bad, sorry for the trouble, it's fixed now, thanks.

• Red Heart
Reactions: EfontMan and BTLD

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I was referring to the dev having Randy assault Cassie.

I think that was just going too far for the sake of the story.

She's already gone through a traumatic event and the dev puts her right into another one. Lets be honest, she's done now, there is no going forward for her. She wouldn't feel safe in her home and her mental health would be fucked.

I don't see the point in that at all. It was enjoyable up until that point but that was a game killer for me.
yeah i get what your saying ... but you don't see Randy and Cassie ,,, just Randy and Lois ;)

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
You are correct, My Mod does have the functions.rpy, my bad, sorry for the trouble, it's fixed now, thanks.
JokerLeader On a diff error: In ch45.rpy the reference to new relationship in line 1424 (call newrelationship( cassie ) from _call_newrelationship) caused a hard crash... I rimed that out "#" before the call which allowed to resume the game, but there was no options to choose Cassie as a Girlfriend. Mistress, Etc??? Is there supposed to be options at that point? Just courious if any scenes were missed or plot bypassed... Thanks...

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
yeah i get what your saying ... but you don't see Randy and Cassie ,,, just Randy and Lois ;)
What I found a little strange was that once I got past the error there was only one reference to Cassie, and no status really... Is she part of the "family" now side piece, occasional fuck, any thing like that???

Reactions: ImperialD
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes