consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019
gave this a go and liked it

did find a few errors with images not showing all aria once she starts working for MC. might have been compressed/mod error. no clue.

also had a short series of scenes show with a girl i didn't hire show near the end day. bella i think her name was? memory a little fuzzy at my age, but she was having a short meet and greet with a guy and then had a little exchange with the MC.
i hired cassie aria and rei as an intern so was a little perplexed to see a girl i didn't employ having a meeting in one of my offices.

bitch didn't even work a full shift!! :LOL:

on another note, the MC telling me that 3 miles is about 5km to those of us outside the USA, is hugely condescending considering i am english. every road sign across the UK and every car speedometer is measured in mph and the UK is not inside the usa. 'to those unaware..' is a much less insulting way of wording it.

considering part of the game takes place in london and its evirons, and there is clearly some actual english knowledge being deployed, how this one obvious fact got missed is beyond me, even more so as you can barely swing a cat without hitting a speed-limit sign anywhere on london's streets.

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
That's a new one. I'll message you this evening and see if we can work out what's going on!
Hey Togs, any idea why the game immedietely dumps me to the main menu when I load a save?

It seems like only saves AFTER you interview the receptionist candidates have this problem. I loaded one from just before that and am able to proceed like usual.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darklord_1965

Skaterdude1988

Nov 8, 2019
togs-games

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/ch36.rpy", line 348, in script call
call girlcount() from _call_girlcount
ScriptError: could not find label 'girlcount'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1490, in execute
rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
The Roommate 0.7.1
Wed Sep 21 22:11:18 2022
I am Having the same issue

Reactions: Darklord_1965

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
So I played this game for the first time today. Am I crazy or does the relationship between Lucy and that woman who showed up with her strange? I have a feeling that is not her actual mother. Considering Lucy's age my gut tells me that woman is her adoptive mother and Lucy is Mallory's lost child. Seems to me the pervy great uncle put Mallory's kid into the foundation, so he could use her for his lactating fetish later. Maybe he even told Randy to knock her up, so she would start lactating or something crazy like that.
Lucy ??? :unsure:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
gave this a go and liked it

did find a few errors with images not showing all aria once she starts working for MC

also had a short series of scenes show with a girl i didn't hire ...

bitch didn't even work a full shift!! :LOL:

on another note, the MC telling me that 3 miles is about 5km to those of us outside the USA, is hugely condescending considering i am english. every road sign across the UK and every car speedometer is measured in mph and the UK is not inside the usa. 'to those unaware..' is a much less insulting way of wording it.

considering part of the game takes place in london and its evirons, and there is clearly some actual english knowledge being deployed, how this one obvious fact got missed is beyond me, even more so as you can barely swing a cat without hitting a speed-limit sign anywhere on london's streets.
I believe the new build fixes the issues with Aria (and others) not appearing or being mislabeled.

I think you're talking about Bree - it's possible I "switched her on" to test the playing of that scene and forgot to remove the code before making that build - but I'm surprised nobody else noticed. Anyway it should only occur if you hired Bree and I've confirmed it's working correctly in the latest build (0702).

The "info" items are there for the benefit of an audience beyond the anglosphere. I assumed any UK players would have picked up on the fact that I'm British myself (and I don't believe if you heard my voice that you'd know I've lived 20+ years in the US). So sorry if the phrasing comes across that way, but the intention was to convey the necessary information without writing an essay on the subject.

I would also point out that while speed limits are posted in MPH, most young people there don't seem to understand imperial measure.

A game like this is a labour of love, and it's a lot of work. I want people to enjoy it, and I'm happy to get useful criticism, bug reports, or whatever, but I will remind everyone that it's just me - there's no team backing me up on this.

Last edited:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I believe the new build fixes the issues with Aria (and others) not appearing or being mislabeled.

I think you're talking about Bree - it's possible I "switched her on" to test the playing of that scene and forgot to remove the code before making that build - but I'm surprised nobody else noticed. Anyway it should only occur if you hired Bree and I've confirmed it's working correctly in the latest build (0702).

The "info" items are there for the benefit of an audience beyond the anglosphere. I assumed any UK players would have picked up on the fact that I'm British myself (and I don't believe if you heard my voice that you'd know I've lived 20+ years in the US). So sorry if the phrasing comes across that way, but the intention was to convey the necessary information without writing an essay on the subject.

I would also point out that while speed limits are posted in MPH, most young people there don't seem to understand imperial measure.

A game like this is a labour of love, and it's a lot of work. I want people to enjoy it, and I'm happy to get useful criticism, bug reports, or whatever, but I will remind everyone that it's just me - there's no team backing me up on this.
British hmm ... would have never guessed that one .. jk jk ... the way you type talk the characters give you away :ROFLMAO:
nothing wrong with it mind you .... (y)
still doesn't change my opinion on your game .... i think its awesome .... oh did i tell ya i think this game is awesome ;):ROFLMAO:

Darklord_1965

May 12, 2020
togs-games

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1490, in execute
rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
The Roommate 0.7.1
Wed Sep 21 22:11:18 2022
FYI, I removed JokerLeader's MOD (all his files and folder) and I don't have that error and was able to continue after Lois says "I Live to serve".

Captv

Mar 10, 2020
Is this game gonna have a harem ending or is it gonna be one where u eventually have to pick one girl

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I really feel for the poor girls (and dudes :sick:) who were brain-damaged by the lactation serum. I hope there is eventually some way to help them other than just putting them on a human cow farm in Germany. If not out of common decency, at least to avoid the massive class action lawsuit.

Reactions: BenBen95

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
Idk man, still have the problem. Going straight to the main menu after loading
I can only provide feedback based on my own testing experience. If you are using the compressed version then I would advise switching to the official/uncompressed version. Despite what the description says, it is not just a simple compression of the images. It's a complete rejig of the engine components as well and clearly that breaks things.

If you are already using the uncompressed version then I guess you're out of luck. You'll need to start a new game.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
I've read through what other people have posted, and wanted to say that I'm getting errors as well.

My original save worked just fine, and I was able to play from the end of the previous update to the end of this one. That was great.

However, I realized even before that that I'd likely made some poor choices along the way, because my game really only involves scenes between the MC, Kari and Lois, other than the trip to England. So I installed the mod, restarted the game from the very beginning, and was having a great experience. However, once I got past the scene where I chose the interns, it crashes shortly afterwards. I actually saved before choosing them, and went back and tried different combinations, and it still crashes afterwards each time, in a scene between the MC and Lois in the office.

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes