Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Okay, I've been trying to stay out of this for a while - but I truly don't get why anyone feels the need for the mod.

What is it that you're feeling you need guidance on? I've said many times there's no "right" way to play.

There's no one path that will take you to a pre-determined ending. There will be things that skew one way or another, but I don't feel like I've obscured things.
Oh I didn't mean to insult you or the game in any way whatsoever, I'm really enjoying it!

I just got the feeling, playing without the mod, that I must have goofed up and made bad choices (based upon my own prefered outcomes), because I had so many days where basically nothing happened. My presumption was that had I done something differently, there were scenes that I could have gotten that I missed, and/or actions and behavior from characters that I prefer. And so far, that's been somewhat true, about halfway through the content.

But again, thank you for making this, its really enjoyable.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Okay, I've been trying to stay out of this for a while - but I truly don't get why anyone feels the need for the mod.

What is it that you're feeling you need guidance on? I've said many times there's no "right" way to play.

There's no one path that will take you to a pre-determined ending. There will be things that skew one way or another, but I don't feel like I've obscured things.
I used the mod mainly to make sure I got on 2 specific routes, had the side girls I wanted but make sure to avoid too much sleeping around.

I mainly wanted Kari, Lois, Mallory and Cassie.

I mainly used the mod to avoid certain outcomes.

Nothing against the other girls but Kari is adorable and needs to be one of the main girls and Lois is pretty much spot on for a partner and needs to be main girl 2.

Cassie is who i'd go for IRL. I know it's a bit cliche for a lesbian dating someone with short hair but i've always had a thing for women with toned bodies and short hair. Being small and very girly I do tend to go for more tomboy types.

Mallory I originally felt sorry for but she did grow on me and I really like her.

Onetogo

Jul 16, 2019
I used the mod mainly to make sure I got on 2 specific routes, had the side girls I wanted but make sure to avoid too much sleeping around.

I mainly wanted Kari, Lois, Mallory and Cassie.

I mainly used the mod to avoid certain outcomes.

Nothing against the other girls but Kari is adorable and needs to be one of the main girls and Lois is pretty much spot on for a partner and needs to be main girl 2.

Cassie is who i'd go for IRL. I know it's a bit cliche for a lesbian dating someone with short hair but i've always had a thing for women with toned bodies and short hair. Being small and very girly I do tend to go for more tomboy types.

Mallory I originally felt sorry for but she did grow on me and I really like her.
Yeah Mods are exactly as you say for specific outcomes. Normally to get the most LI as possible. My favorite woman is the opposite of yours though. I like very feminine features. My perfect woman would be someone like Debra Jo Fondren 36058_main.jpg or Raquel Welch. I love long beautiful hair. I've known some tomboys with long hair as well and very attractive. I'm certainly not against tomboys.

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
Haven't played this for a few updates now and I have to say I really enjoyed the story so far... it's an interesting concept and what a great way to have a pregnancy harem!! :LOL: :devilish:

I really just want Kari & Lois to be my breeders - but you can't have everything! LOL!!!

Thanks togs... I look forward to future developments. (y)(y)

Reactions: Emelex

Ferel

Mar 2, 2021
I'm glad you're enjoying it. The original plan was to focus on Kari, but with the option for some dalliances on the side. Then Lois (who was originally planned to be just a flirty secretary) kind of took on a life of her own and a substantial proportion of people REALLY took to her. So she become a much more fully-developed character and a viable option as MC's main girl.

Then there's Mallory. Her story started out as a joke - the most ridiculous riposte I could think of to all the joking about no incest. But the LactoMax thing also grew into something bigger (no pun intended).

Other characters, especially the receptionists, all have their own individual stories to be revealed, but they aren't intended to be central to the story in the long term. My idea was that each of them is like a little module - you hire whoever appeals initially, their personal side story will be revealed and resolved, or whatever, and then they kind of fade back into the background.

At that point, they might move on, you might transfer them to another part of the company, or something and, voila! You now have a vacancy to fill. You might bring in one of the earlier candidates or new ones could be introduced (Vanessa from Marcus's party, for example).

When I have some time I'll get the website back up (hosting company tried to rape me when it came to the annual renewal), and re-post some of the background stuff, etc.

There's no definitive ending that I'm committed to at this stage. What I would like to do at some stage is to consolidate things and tidy up some of the things I didn't envisage at the outset(mostly in terms of the programming) and also rejig some of the early graphics. Then that would be a "final" version, but would lead into a Roommate: Part Two or some such.

Far from abandoning it, I'm actually looking to change jobs so I have more time to spend on it. I consistently work 60-80 hours a week and although I love what I do, it gets to the point where you have to say enough is enough.

So that's it! Now you're probably wishing you'd never said anything!
I thought that you will treat side girls like modules, and it can work. It'll be a little hectic in the process. Like right now, I see a Cassy story, even if I don't hire her. But in a long run, it may work. On the other hand, at least 3 paths with Lois (girlfriend that looks like will move in with you, just some sex, or work only), 3 paths for Mallory, if you fuck her(I'm talking about her living situation, penthouse, one of the ftats, or just allowence. They should differ in the end?), Cassie (it's not obvious, how her paths will differ, but the ability to commit to her exclusivley doesn't make any sence), Ashley(I didn't try it, but being her shugar daddy could be an option either?) And on top of all these, interactions between girls should wary based on their relationsips with you. Maybe we don't realy need so much freedom? Like, I would be totaly fine, if the core story with main girls will progress in much more linear style. As long, as you'll let us choose some kinks.

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
I had this error popup on day 36.
I have v.071 and the mod installed.
Just want to know if v0.72 solves it or is there any other issue and whats the fix for it

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I had this error popup on day 36.
I have v.071 and the mod installed.
Just want to know if v0.72 solves it or is there any other issue and whats the fix for it
See my post #1744 I think it is on page 88 to fix it.

Reactions: ARB582

Hans98

Aug 3, 2018
Hi there,
I found another Error:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Seems to occure only with Cassie in her home when NOT leaving.

Last edited:

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Hi there,
I found another Error:
Seems to occure with Cassie in several options.
Just Rem that line with a # Ie" 1424 # call newrelationship( cassie ) from _call_newrelationship

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Just Rem that line with a # Ie" 1424 # call newrelationship( cassie ) from _call_newrelationship
That also by basses the options to select ( If there actually is that option at this point ) but you can finish the update...

LoneRanger11

Jul 3, 2020
The Roommate 0.7.2 Public
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Hi there,
I found another Error:
Seems to occure only with Cassie in her home when NOT leaving.
I'm assuming you're using one of the mods, because I can't see how the code would fail?

Bypassing it leaves things in an ambiguous state.

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
I am not sure if its because of the mod or is it a bug, but i think Cassie is glitched for me.

In the interview, I didn't hire her but she still appears later with accommodation issues wearing the uniform. Also towards the end of the game I get the option to drop her at her house, where I get the above mentioned error (which is due to the mod from what I understand) and then the scene with Randy.

So despite not hiring her why is she still appearing in the game as if I hired her, does the mod change some flags/tags.
In the unmodded game are you always supposed to hire her because Lois recommends her and the mod changes this ?

JEJE2000

Nov 25, 2018
I think that may be a combination of errors in my first build of 0701 and maybe the mods as well.

Definitely try 0702.
I tried to install the walkthrough mod and i saw in the mod that the files are rpy files and that in the game folder that the files are rpyc files is that a reason why the mod is not working?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I tried to install the walkthrough mod and i saw in the mod that the files are rpy files and that in the game folder that the files are rpyc files is that a reason why the mod is not working?
No. rpy files are compiled into rpyc files by the game when it runs.

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes