ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
I think that may be a combination of errors in my first build of 0701 and maybe the mods as well.

Definitely try 0702.
Tried v.72
It fixes the error on day 45 but that wasn't my problem.

Its Cassie.
The issue is that even if i dont hire cassie she still appears for accommodation issues and dropping her home from office on day 45, which shouldn't happen since she doesn't work at the office.

Acurex

Nov 20, 2017
Walkthrough Mod seems to corrupt the game - Day 45 follows on day 2 which seems not the original day 2. we have a script.rpa and a script.rpy and the several chapter files (for each day i think) in the game folder - somehow this messes the flow. when i play it without the walkthrough mod it works just fine.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I'm assuming you're using one of the mods, because I can't see how the code would fail?

Bypassing it leaves things in an ambiguous state.
I was wondering about that!!! because there wasn't an option to make a choice..

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
So uh.. I just got error at some point, but unlike other games, there is no 'ignore' option and I can only rollback and experience that error again. Why isn't there ignore option?

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
So uh.. I just got error at some point, but unlike other games, there is no 'ignore' option and I can only rollback and experience that error again. Why isn't there ignore option?
You're going to have to be a lot more specific - an "error at some point" doesn't give me much to work with.

I usually see an ignore option when I'm debugging, but I guess there are probably times when it's not possible?

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Huh, new face.
You'd be surprised how little I changed. The hair, makeup and just a little bit of body tone.

Image "reception2-aria-m-c" etc. not found
I recognize the error from my own debugging, it is fixed but you'd probably have to wind back to the beginning of the week now that I think about it.

Can you recall when it appears?

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I was wondering about that!!! because there wasn't an option to make a choice..
You could open the dev console and set the variable manually.

If in doubt, use:

cassie.status = "Undetermined"

That way, you'll have the option to decide later.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Tried v.72
It fixes the error on day 45 but that wasn't my problem.

Its Cassie.
The issue is that even if i dont hire cassie she still appears for accommodation issues and dropping her home from office on day 45, which shouldn't happen since she doesn't work at the office.
Then there's something else screwy. There are tests for whether Cassie is employed that work correctly for me, certainly in 0702.

I'm going to try changing the test code to be a bit more specific in the next build, but I can't reproduce the error.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Then there's something else screwy. There are tests for whether Cassie is employed that work correctly for me, certainly in 0702.

I'm going to try changing the test code to be a bit more specific in the next build, but I can't reproduce the error.
I've been looking through the game's code, and I think there might be a number of instances where the characters' dialog portraits aren't properly reset. Every time one writes, say,
ls wink "dialog1"
ls "dialog2"
, the portrait retains the winking expression. Apparently, one needs to use minus signs to negate those expressions so that they don't stick. So, the proper syntax would be,
ls wink "dialog1"
ls -wink "dialog2"
Or if it came after a conditional statement where the speaker could have had any number of expressions, you'd have to negate all of them; i.e.
menu:
option1:
ls wink "dialog1"
option2:
ls smile "dialog1"
option3:
ls frown "dialog1"
ls -wink -smile -frown "dialog2"
or whatever. I could be wrong, and it was coded exactly the way it is now by design, but I felt I should say something in case it isn't. More documentation on the topic is located at:

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018

I am curious though.
What is supposed to happen if you dont hire Cassie ?
How does the Randy's attack happen then ?
Does Cassie still come accommodation problems to you ?

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I am curious though.
What is supposed to happen if you dont hire Cassie ?
How does the Randy's attack happen then ?
Does Cassie still come accommodation problems to you ?
Randy will bust into MC's/Kari's apartment instead.

If you're still seeing where Lois asks you to talk to Cassie about accommodation, something else is wrong.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I've been looking through the game's code, and I think there might be a number of instances where the characters' dialog portraits aren't properly reset. Every time one writes, say,
ls wink "dialog1"
ls "dialog2"
, the portrait retains the winking expression. Apparently, one needs to use minus signs to negate those expressions so that they don't stick. So, the proper syntax would be,
ls wink "dialog1"
ls -wink "dialog2"
Or if it came after a conditional statement where the speaker could have had any number of expressions, you'd have to negate all of them; i.e.
menu:
option1:
ls wink "dialog1"
option2:
ls smile "dialog1"
option3:
ls frown "dialog1"
ls -wink -smile -frown "dialog2"
or whatever. I could be wrong, and it was coded exactly the way it is now by design, but I felt I should say something in case it isn't. More documentation on the topic is located at:
You should see something like

ls normal "Blah..."

I don't have an actual image for normal, it just resets it to the base image.

It's possible I've missed that somewhere. Let me know if there are specific examples.

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
Randy will bust into MC's/Kari's apartment instead.

If you're still seeing where Lois asks you to talk to Cassie about accommodation, something else is wrong.
Yep somethings wrong.
Not sure if its the mod or something else, but the game for me works in a weird way, where Cassie doesn't appear in the office at all except for her events such as housing, shopping and home attack.

Also are there plans to add more content to other office girls because it seems Jenny and Aria have very little office content apart from regular office talks.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You'd be surprised how little I changed. The hair, makeup and just a little bit of body tone.
Honestly I'm a bit torn on it, she was actually pretty damn hot before, she just needed to stop being such a bitch.
I recognize the error from my own debugging, it is fixed but you'd probably have to wind back to the beginning of the week now that I think about it.

Can you recall when it appears?
I can't really say. Obviously when talking to the receptionists, but I don't remember which day it was on. It did happen more than once though, so multiple days I guess? It's a weird error to have, probably indicative of some structural problems behind the scenes.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Also are there plans to add more content to other office girls because it seems Jenny and Aria have very little office content apart from regular office talks.
The plan is for all the hires to have content and a natural progression (so one receptionist may move on from their position as you go through their story, making room to bring on someone else). I have some concerns about the scope and ambition and how it'll tie in with the (increasingly preposterous) main story, but we'll see how it shakes out.

For now, Cassie and Tilly have a fair bit of content and Bree and Rei a few unique lines here and there hinting at the beginnings of storylines; the others are yet to be filled in (and up).

Honestly I'm a bit torn on it, she was actually pretty damn hot before, she just needed to stop being such a bitch.
Yeah, I'm not entirely sold on the complete personality change either, seems like a reduction of the character. At least it might mean the MC stops intentionally getting her name wrong, which was just obnoxious.

Reactions: ARB582

sunqian3000

Sep 28, 2021
It was very boring when it was first created , but six months later, things are looking up , Now the work can be considered excellent .

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes