tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Got this error while talking to Lois on day 36. View attachment 2058460
There is also another error near the end of the update on Day 45 file ch45.rpy do the same thing as with ch36.rpy on line 1424 I think it is. Just rem that line with # There wasn't an option to make a selection though??? And not sure of the actual out come change is or would be...

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
There is also another error near the end of the update on Day 45 file ch45.rpy do the same thing as with ch36.rpy on line 1424 I think it is. Just rem that line with # There wasn't an option to make a selection though??? And not sure of the actual out come change is or would be...
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind if I come to it.

consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019
I believe the new build fixes the issues with Aria (and others) not appearing or being mislabeled.

I think you're talking about Bree - it's possible I "switched her on" to test the playing of that scene and forgot to remove the code before making that build - but I'm surprised nobody else noticed. Anyway it should only occur if you hired Bree and I've confirmed it's working correctly in the latest build (0702).

The "info" items are there for the benefit of an audience beyond the anglosphere. I assumed any UK players would have picked up on the fact that I'm British myself (and I don't believe if you heard my voice that you'd know I've lived 20+ years in the US). So sorry if the phrasing comes across that way, but the intention was to convey the necessary information without writing an essay on the subject.

I would also point out that while speed limits are posted in MPH, most young people there don't seem to understand imperial measure.

A game like this is a labour of love, and it's a lot of work. I want people to enjoy it, and I'm happy to get useful criticism, bug reports, or whatever, but I will remind everyone that it's just me - there's no team backing me up on this.
bree. that's the cookie :D unless this has been updated since yesterday then i am on current build.

i'm not knocking the info, just the wording as it can very easily be misconstrued as insulting the reader's intelligence. the current wording makes assumptions and i merely suggested an alternative, an adjustment any proof reader would highlight.

it is only meant as an observation and having been around a few proof readers in my time, it kinda rubs off a bit :D
but i would also like to apologise, as i just re-read my own post and it does look like i made a mountain out of a molehill and though i feel the point valid, it was not my intent to seem so offended, so for that i am sorry.

a sure sign of getting older, when you realise little things make you grumpy :D as if the receding hairline and ever expanding bald spot were not enough huh :D

considering i only tried this yesterday for the first time and it kept me intrigued right up until the end, i would say you have done an excellent job so far. it is solid, apart from the odd niggle here and there, and an enjoyable read so i do hope you remain unpressured and continue to enjoy the process of creating your art :)

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
I was getting an error like most were. I used the compressed version. I deleted the compressed version and used the uncompressed one. I then installed the mod after the game was fully unzipped. No errors after that. Not sure it will help others, but it did for me.

lalka

Jun 2, 2017
I can only provide feedback based on my own testing experience. If you are using the compressed version then I would advise switching to the official/uncompressed version. Despite what the description says, it is not just a simple compression of the images. It's a complete rejig of the engine components as well and clearly that breaks things.

If you are already using the uncompressed version then I guess you're out of luck. You'll need to start a new game.
I have tried both compressed and original build (the newer one as well), with mod and without. I just tried loading from older saves untill I got one working and played from there. Anyway, thanks for the response

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
I was getting an error like most were. I used the compressed version. I deleted the compressed version and used the uncompressed one. I then installed the mod after the game was fully unzipped. No errors after that. Not sure it will help others, but it did for me.
I used the uncompressed no mod and had no issues either. But then I realized that I need the mod to get what I want out of the game. *shrug*

vincent13

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2018
View attachment 1416638
The Roommate [v0.7.1] Walkthrough Mod
Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Note: Since I don't have much time anymore, I will only update the mod on new releases, not on bug fixes.

Download: - - ANDROID by Blackeye.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Dev, .
If you like my work, please consider supporting me on my or , check my .

• Angry
Reactions: Balu83

Ferel

Mar 2, 2021
Links to BUILD 0702 posted on . I'm working, so don't have time to update the links here yet but will sort that out this evening.

I don't believe there's anything changed in this release (0701/0702) to cause issues with old loads, it's just additional content.
Want to say thank you, for your work. I really like your game so far. But I can't help, but worry about something. It looks like the game will eventually have a ton of LIs. And on top of that, your game's mecanics should provide us with a lots of ways, to steer the story. Combined together, it looks like a recipie for disaster. When too much work will be nedeed, to progress the game in any significant way. I can be absolutely wrong, cause I'm not a dev myself, but if so, what am I missing? Again, love your game and really want to see it completed and not abandoned in the future.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I used the uncompressed no mod and had no issues either. But then I realized that I need the mod to get what I want out of the game. *shrug*
Okay, I've been trying to stay out of this for a while - but I truly don't get why anyone feels the need for the mod.

What is it that you're feeling you need guidance on? I've said many times there's no "right" way to play.

There's no one path that will take you to a pre-determined ending. There will be things that skew one way or another, but I don't feel like I've obscured things.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Want to say thank you, for your work. I really like your game so far. But I can't help, but worry about something. It looks like the game will eventually have a ton of LIs. And on top of that, your game's mecanics should provide us with a lots of ways, to steer the story. Combined together, it looks like a recipie for disaster. When too much work will be nedeed, to progress the game in any significant way. I can be absolutely wrong, cause I'm not a dev myself, but if so, what am I missing? Again, love your game and really want to see it completed and not abandoned in the future.
I'm glad you're enjoying it. The original plan was to focus on Kari, but with the option for some dalliances on the side. Then Lois (who was originally planned to be just a flirty secretary) kind of took on a life of her own and a substantial proportion of people REALLY took to her. So she become a much more fully-developed character and a viable option as MC's main girl.

Then there's Mallory. Her story started out as a joke - the most ridiculous riposte I could think of to all the joking about no incest. But the LactoMax thing also grew into something bigger (no pun intended).

Other characters, especially the receptionists, all have their own individual stories to be revealed, but they aren't intended to be central to the story in the long term. My idea was that each of them is like a little module - you hire whoever appeals initially, their personal side story will be revealed and resolved, or whatever, and then they kind of fade back into the background.

At that point, they might move on, you might transfer them to another part of the company, or something and, voila! You now have a vacancy to fill. You might bring in one of the earlier candidates or new ones could be introduced (Vanessa from Marcus's party, for example).

When I have some time I'll get the website back up (hosting company tried to rape me when it came to the annual renewal), and re-post some of the background stuff, etc.

There's no definitive ending that I'm committed to at this stage. What I would like to do at some stage is to consolidate things and tidy up some of the things I didn't envisage at the outset(mostly in terms of the programming) and also rejig some of the early graphics. Then that would be a "final" version, but would lead into a Roommate: Part Two or some such.

Far from abandoning it, I'm actually looking to change jobs so I have more time to spend on it. I consistently work 60-80 hours a week and although I love what I do, it gets to the point where you have to say enough is enough.

So that's it! Now you're probably wishing you'd never said anything!

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
bree. that's the cookie :D unless this has been updated since yesterday then i am on current build.

i'm not knocking the info, just the wording as it can very easily be misconstrued as insulting the reader's intelligence. the current wording makes assumptions and i merely suggested an alternative, an adjustment any proof reader would highlight.

it is only meant as an observation and having been around a few proof readers in my time, it kinda rubs off a bit :D
but i would also like to apologise, as i just re-read my own post and it does look like i made a mountain out of a molehill and though i feel the point valid, it was not my intent to seem so offended, so for that i am sorry.

considering i only tried this yesterday for the first time and it kept me intrigued right up until the end, i would say you have done an excellent job so far. it is solid, apart from the odd niggle here and there, and an enjoyable read so i do hope you remain unpressured and continue to enjoy the process of creating your art :)
I'm 99% sure you're on 0701, and 0702 does fix the issues you mentioned.

I understand what you're saying about the info thing, and how easy it is to misunderstand the other person's point of view, which is one of the reasons I do "engage" here. I will change it for the next build.

I should also say that the "Info" stuff was originally given by the MC speaking to camera - breaking the fourth wall, so to speak. I thought it was a fun way to do it, but people felt it "took them out of the game".

So do come at me with the niggles! Constructive feedback can be helpful, and the discussions here have definitely influenced the development of the game, as has some of the technical advice I've received.

Last edited:
Reactions: consumptionist

Penny615

Dec 4, 2020
Unofficial Android Port of:

The Roommate [v0.6.1 Public] [togs] + JokerLeader's WT Mod

MEGA

My android port has an alternative save location, the save will remain intact when you uninstall the game so don't worry about starting over. And my port has a textbox opacity slider and text size slider and added change name to the main menu.

if you like my ports, consider buying me a cofee as to motivate me and get me going to do more ports, and help me pay for mega storage, thanks
Updated port?

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
togs-games

Good to see You doing well!
Won't list issues here You're already privy to with this build.

Can say their consistent for my fresh Linux distro but less then MS(also consistent :ROFLMAO:).

For those of us whom wanted MC to be with 'just Kari' ...... MC getting Dead, is fairly Huge!
Granted, Lois and Kari's sisters ARE exceptional..... but Cassie......really..... YUK!!
Preferences aside, Appreciate Your attitude, very refreshing.

Thanks for Rock'N it pretty hard!!(y)

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
togs-games

Good to see You doing well!
Won't list issues here You're already privy to with this build.

Can say their consistent for my fresh Linux distro but less then MS(also consistent :ROFLMAO:).

For those of us whom wanted MC to be with 'just Kari' ...... MC getting Dead, is fairly Huge!
Granted, Lois and Kari's sisters ARE exceptional..... but Cassie......really..... YUK!!
Preferences aside, Appreciate Your attitude, very refreshing.

Thanks for Rock'N it pretty hard!!(y)
Oh No she is actually cute reminds me of an old girlfriend some :) I did have her as the head receptionist (qualified) :)

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
Oh No she is actually cute reminds me of an old girlfriend some :) I did have her as the head receptionist (qualified) :)
She's not appalling it's just, how can i say this... not my cup of tea..... translation is---> YUK?
Much rather have Deb or Brenda(You know who i'm on about xD).

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: tripod70

consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019
I'm 99% sure you're on 0701, and 0702 does fix the issues you mentioned.

I understand what you're saying about the info thing, and how easy it is to misunderstand the other person's point of view, which is one of the reasons I do "engage" here. I will change it for the next build.

I should also say that the "Info" stuff was originally given by the MC speaking to camera - breaking the fourth wall, so to speak. I thought it was a fun way to do it, but people felt it "took them out of the game".

So do come at me with the niggles! Constructive feedback can be helpful, and the discussions here have definitely influenced the development of the game, as has some of the technical advice I've received.
honestly, the rest were fine. they all have their place and i, personally, didn't find them intrusive when cropping up.
i will redownload and give it another go. *sigh* i feel another sleepless night coming on as i double run and hire all the girls. if only you had had the decency to write worse i would have no issue leaning on the skip button. damn you sir...damn you (please imagine own image of angry fist-waving here) :D

the community here is pretty good at slapping down fast on those who just spit poison for poisons sake so (touch wood) hopefully you will not have much issue with unfair critique.

good luck with it and i wish you future success :)

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
Other characters, especially the receptionists, all have their own individual stories to be revealed, but they aren't intended to be central to the story in the long term. My idea was that each of them is like a little module - you hire whoever appeals initially, their personal side story will be revealed and resolved, or whatever, and then they kind of fade back into the background.

At that point, they might move on, you might transfer them to another part of the company, or something and, voila! You now have a vacancy to fill. You might bring in one of the earlier candidates or new ones could be introduced (Vanessa from Marcus's party, for example).
Very ambitious goal, even if you rule them out as love interests. It'll require a huge amount of work on your part, so I hope the result will be worth it. At the very least, it'll soothe the players who felt that they missed out by making the wrong choices. :)

I've tried treating Kari like dirt and living the life of the Man-Ho, but it feels like I'm murdering a kitten! Seeing her eyes change in those close-ups/blinks and feeling her disappointment is like a dagger to the heart. Its even worse when I try to commit to Kari and treat her like a princess, fending off temptation from Ashley and Marina, before my willpower inevitably collapses trying to resist Lois - the blonde Succubus! Watching Kari's face change, followed by her desperate offers to become the slut you desire adds a whole bandoleer of the abovementioned daggers to the heart. Seeing her nipples collapse and erect in response to her thoughts really rammed the point home.

Choices should never be easy and should come at a cost commensurate with the reward, so you've done an outstanding job of reflecting that in this game.

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes