mofonistik

May 19, 2020
"Kari is supposed to be the nicest, sweetest girl you could ever hope to meet. "

I don't think sneaking around behind MC's back with another guy that MC told her was a sleaze and kissing him right on MC's doorstep represents those traits very well. That might be what is giving us the wrong idea. Maybe if the kiss was unexpected and not something she verbally agreed to? Then again, she would still be lying to MC in order to hide the fact that she's dating someone else from him. Not the nicest or sweetest thing to do. If it's supposed to show how naive she is that she still trusts Randy after being warned, imagine if MC was wrong about Randy? Kari is (at least according to Pete) REALLY into the MC, so if Randy wasn't such a bad guy after all, her leading him on when she's much more interested in someone else wouldn't be the nicest or sweetest action either. Nevermind the sneaking around involved.

Lois has been great so far. Her character is a lot of fun. I'm very interested in seeing where you go with her story. Mallory as well, to a lesser extent. I'm intrigued by the little mysteries starting to crop up around ASi, too.

Keep up the good work, though you might want to rethink the execution of the Randy stuff. I don't think it's coming across to the audience the way you intended. Just my opinion, of course.

mofonistik

May 19, 2020
Can you please refresh me when did she lied to him? English isn't my main so I might have missed it.
She tells the MC that she's going out with her female friend Aria, when it appears she actually went out on a date with Randy, a man from work that the MC warned her only tries to have sex with all the new girls at work.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
She tells the MC that she's going out with her female friend Aria, when it appears she actually went out on a date with Randy, a man from work that the MC warned her only tries to have sex with all the new girls at work.
Well, since she is "Transactional", there is nothing to fear there... Anyway, I remember now. Ty.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Dunno if this was talked about but, being the game is called the roommate, I'm curious on if or how the part when the MC leaves or asks her to leave the house will be implemented.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
So looking over the last few posts especially, I have to put my hands up and say that a lot of what people are saying comes from a disconnect between my perception of who Kari is, and what I've showed you in the story to date. Some of that is because it's rapidly expanded beyond my original vision, and that's all you guys' fault! ;)
I think that happens to a lot of devs (and writers in other genres): One gets such a clearly defined view of the entirety of a character or a plot point that one almost forgets that the player will only have the bits appearing in the game to judge from.

I'm exaggerating slightly here, but looking back on what I remember of the scenes with Kari it's mostly (1) the MC buying her stuff, (2) the MC (optionally) being a creep and spying on her, and (3) her lying to the MC. That obviously leaves a lot out, but those are the scenes I remember, which doesn't paint the rosiest picture of their relationship.

It might be worth folding in a few more scenes showing the player the Kari you see in your head, the nice, sweet, naïve girl, even if they don't move the plot forward much.

Another thing that might affect how the relationship between Kari and the MC is perceived is the MC's age. I enjoy the gag where you can set your own age but there's a stark difference in how they come across if the MC is in his early twenties or his mid forties. An MC around Kari's age might form a more traditional romantic relationship with her, but with a middle-aged MC the power imbalance between them becomes even more obvious.

Anyway, I've been going on in this thread for a while now but don't think I've actually mentioned that I've enjoyed most of what I've seen of the game so far. Probaby should have led with that.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
this is an unofficial android port The Roommate [v0.3] APK -

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
"Kari is supposed to be the nicest, sweetest girl you could ever hope to meet. "

I don't think sneaking around behind MC's back with another guy that MC told her was a sleaze and kissing him right on MC's doorstep represents those traits very well. That might be what is giving us the wrong idea. Maybe if the kiss was unexpected and not something she verbally agreed to? Then again, she would still be lying to MC in order to hide the fact that she's dating someone else from him. Not the nicest or sweetest thing to do. If it's supposed to show how naive she is that she still trusts Randy after being warned, imagine if MC was wrong about Randy? Kari is (at least according to Pete) REALLY into the MC, so if Randy wasn't such a bad guy after all, her leading him on when she's much more interested in someone else wouldn't be the nicest or sweetest action either. Nevermind the sneaking around involved.
Really kills any interest in her as an LI. Lying, sneaking around, and kissing another dude? Nah she can kick rocks at that point.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Really kills any interest in her as an LI. Lying, sneaking around, and kissing another dude? Nah she can kick rocks at that point.
I guess we gona have to wait and see what the dev has in mind by letting us know that and not the MC apparently.
I hope it doesn't go too bad for MY taste, although I'm sure many would love seeing the dude going full cuck. As I said, we gona have to wait and see. Me? I would have left the apartment.

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
So I'll be as clear as I can be, Kari is supposed to be the nicest, sweetest girl you could ever hope to meet. She's just struggling to adapt to a world she's ill-prepared for. If you don't care for that, it's okay, but she was always intended to be the central love interest, it was only after my coming in here (F95) that I started to consider alternative paths.
This part of the alternate paths has left me concerned. You thought it was main Li but now are you going to put it in other ways? Something to do with the three letters or something similar?
Thank you for your game anyway

Candy Suxx

Oct 11, 2019
So reading the comments earlier (NTR) tag should be applied i guess , or maybe she went with aria and while coming back randy gave her a ride back home

hopefully this shit gets clear in next update or dev might end up making mistake like few other devs do that is forced ntr/cheating in game without any tag.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Qoo-Rilla

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
This is good. The girls are beautiful, especially Kari and Lois. One thing I noticed a few times that characters don't call the MC by the name we pick. Oddly, they call him two different names, Simon and Steve, not sure what that is about; if it were the one I'd assume it's just them calling him the default by mistake, but with two? :unsure:
Also, when they went to the pizza place, they say it's the second time and Aria acts like she met him even if the first time didn't happen.
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what happens next with Kari, and with Mallory too; depending on his personality I can see him arranging a settlement that is more generous to her, or accepting the one that was negotiated (he says that it's unfair, but if she never married his uncle then she really should count herself lucky to be getting anything), then putting her up in one of his apartments which would of course give him a lot of control over her. What he does with that would depend on if he's going to be good with the girls or if he's going to take advantage of them.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
There were instances of the MC being referred to variously as Steve (the default player name) and Simon and Kevin which were names used for screenshots as a private joke between me and friends. They were removed in the updated version of 0.3 that was posted a couple of days later. It may be that I forgot to update links somewhere - I'll check that later today.

The pizza place thing definitely sounds like an error - I will certainly check that.

I just made a public post (you don't have to be a patron) on my about progress on version 0.4, which would definitely be of interest to some of you as a number of the changes were driven by the discussions here.

Thanks to all of you that have come on as patrons. The money is less important than the fact that you made the effort - it really is much appreciated, especially as it's easy for me to get hung up on criticism at times. More hot candidates for the Receptionist job to come in the next couple of days!

Weasel_Face

Sep 16, 2020
With a alpha attitude, your position & as naive as Kari the intern is, you should be able to crack her open like a coconut by day 3. Why are my options making me to be nice to her all of a sudden?
I mean, she has no family, no place to go, little money and as an intern possibly an unpaid job = slave...

As I progress through the game, way to turn an alpha into a beta dude...

Last edited:
Reactions: Qoo-Rilla

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
"you should be able to crack her ... by day 3"

That would be kind of a short game though...

Okay... You're looking to hire a receptionist, possibly two. Kari has suggested Aria, and you might want to consider Ashley or Mallory if either of them is your type.

Here are some of the other candidates from HR and The Foundation (all are work in progress and subject to change).

Receptionists.jpg
Top Left to Bottom Right: Tilly, Bree, Rei, Jennie, Cassie and Kayla. Unusually for me, Kayla is completely stock, but I couldn't resist her smile... If she stays I need a new name for her, Kayla being a little too similar to Kari. Maybe we'll have a contest!

There's a little back story to each of them, the idea is you'll do short interviews in game and decide who gets the position.

In other news, I'm working on wrapping up the Randy storyline. It didn't go over as intended, so I'm just going to finish it and move on. Then there's more fun and games with Kari, Lois and Mallory, and perhaps possibly with Aria, Ashley and Marina if I have time, otherwise they'll have to wait for release 0.5.

Reactions: El Tanque and sn3p
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes