VN Ren'Py The Sapphire Collar [Prologue] [Cheops' Law Productions]

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
ouch2020 I pretty much agree with everything you've said. In my head (not legally, of course) there is a difference between, "Let's have some drinks...hey, she seems kind of amorous, maybe we should see where this goes" and "If I can just talk this girl into drinking more, I'll bet I can do whatever I want to her." In a game, as you say, anything goes--in real life I have a problem with the second but not the first.
Well, I also do not see a problem with the first one.

If I am having a drink and I get in a conversation with someone, especially a lady, who does not have one, I actually consider politeness from my side to offer her a drink, if she accepts it.
If then ends up that we like each other more than just having a nice conversation ;-), I will see how I feel about it (effectively, interest for the physical goes only so far, but if you add up something more, that is definitively more interesting and worth more effort, but it is a matter of taste).
Had that as well, and in situations where neither was drank, even if we had a couple of drinks.

But I also saw other type of situations and in some case their aftermath - and there were real, not computer games.

Reactions: Konrad Simon

Konrad Simon

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
Hopefully this one won’t turn out to have been dead on arrival.
I hope so too. The problem is that I'm a writer, not an artist, and finding an artist who wants to work for shares means finding an artist as excited about the project as I am. Still, it's possible we've found one. Fingers crossed. In any case, thanks for your good wishes.

Konrad Simon

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
rdmsvg Just provided a Russian translation:

Maybe a mod could add it to the front page?

Konrad Simon

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
For anyone still watching this thread (for which, thank you!) I want to let you know that, at long last, we're making progress again. The script for chapter 1 is finished, the coding for chapter 1 is finished except for testing, and the renders are on the way.

One of the things that's been kicked around in the comments above is the "disclaimer" at the beginning, where Vicky explains that it is only roleplay. I did that in the (very faint) hope that Patreon won't shut us down. Some have said it breaks the immersion (I tend to agree), where others like it because it gives a kind of softer appeal. Following the suggestion of my friend Shadows on Discord, the next version will let the player choose: a "soft path" in which this is a couple playing out their fantasies, and a "hard path" in which Vicky is an unwilling victim. We'll see how that goes.

Konrad Simon

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
Any news?
Thanks for asking. Yes. Chapter 1 script is done, coding is done except for testing, and renders are well on the way. As of today, we have 25 of 125 renders completed, and they're coming at about 4 a day. There are still the animations, and I'm not sure how long they will take, and it is possible we'll simply remove some or all of them and replace them with stills if we feel like we can't do a good enough job on the animations, but we'll see.

I expect testing to take a fair bit of time, but I'm still hoping to get this out within a month or so.

Last edited:

Konrad Simon

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
Current status is about a hundred renders and 5 animations done, which puts us a bit shy of halfway.

There was a question I asked upstream that I think people missed. Let me try again:

In the course of gameplay, the player can decide how to spend his time (making money, studying, training Vicky, &c). My question is: does that make this a sandbox game? Because if so, I should add that tag as a courtesy to those who hate sandbox games.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: GamerMcGameFace

Konrad Simon

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
Down to about the last 50 some renders. I'm pleased so far. There are also a couple of animations left that I've been looking forward to seeing since I thought up the project. We'll see how they turn out.

Konrad Simon

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
Our artist, Faruk, has been hit with family obligations, so renders have slowed down from a peak of 3 a day to more like 3 a week. That said, we're getting very close to the end, after which testing begins. Thanks for asking.

Reactions: Holdos
4.80 star(s) 4 Votes