SarahGheist

Nov 20, 2022
Will AlpineBiscuits ever re-release chapter 6+ again?
Or is it going to be heavily modified/censored?

I see that a lot of choices and subsequent storylines are not included in v.0.4, and the tags listed are a lot more tame compared to the v.0.6 test game he temporarily released a few years back. In particular, it hasn't even reached the pregnancy chances, and the relationship optional storylines. No openworld exploration experience yet either, including the map that let you sneak around. Game stated with single option of getting on the bus and sitting with only one person, whereas in v6 you could miss the bus, talk/sit with other people or alone, etc. Also, you could do jobs for the gnome merchant while wearing a mask, visit other stores, ignore or corrupt other people/beings, etc. Instead of one option of screaming at the shower scene, there were three+, one being to lure the troll into a shower stall and optional trick someone to join you there. You could collect ingredients (such as tentacle-like mushrooms), make potions afterhours, explore, have random creature encounters, keep your own schedule, etc. - intimacy with the boys (one storyline causing the blonde to become bi), warg, plant, werewolf, wolves, dragon (laying dragon eggs is difficult), goblins, troll, ghost, mushrooms, dwarves, etc. (many situations lead to willing getting someone "impaled" and stuck in the act - troll, werewolf, etc.) There were a lot of hidden "deadends" as well (ie: goblin preg would lead an addiction to goblins, they would open a wardrobe as a doorway into a goblin lair where you'd spend the rest of your addicted life, gameover).

Well, this was just a quick question for AlpineBiscuits, as I've forgotten most of this, and there's significant differences in the games.

crystal64

Mar 19, 2019

I see that a lot of choices and subsequent storylines are not included in v.0.4, and the tags listed are a lot more tame compared to the v.0.6 test game he temporarily released a few years back. In particular, it hasn't even reached the pregnancy chances, and the relationship optional storylines. No openworld exploration experience yet either, including the map that let you sneak around. Game stated with single option of getting on the bus and sitting with only one person, whereas in v6 you could miss the bus, talk/sit with other people or alone, etc. Also, you could do jobs for the gnome merchant while wearing a mask, visit other stores, ignore or corrupt other people/beings, etc. Instead of one option of screaming at the shower scene, there were three+, one being to lure the troll into a shower stall and optional trick someone to join you there. You could collect ingredients (such as tentacle-like mushrooms), make potions afterhours, explore, have random creature encounters, keep your own schedule, etc. - intimacy with the boys (one storyline causing the blonde to become bi), warg, plant, werewolf, wolves, dragon (laying dragon eggs is difficult), goblins, troll, ghost, mushrooms, dwarves, etc. (many situations lead to willing getting someone "impaled" and stuck in the act - troll, werewolf, etc.) There were a lot of hidden "deadends" as well (ie: goblin preg would lead an addiction to goblins, they would open a wardrobe as a doorway into a goblin lair where you'd spend the rest of your addicted life, gameover).

Well, this was just a quick question for AlpineBiscuits, as I've forgotten most of this, and there's significant differences in the games.
any way to download that version? this looks wild XD

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
I think there's a good chance this game is dead. He hasn't posted anything in his page since February and he hasn't showed up here (in this forum) since 25/02.

I hope I'm wrong though, I kinda like the game, even if there is no save system.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not many games get restarted and not subsequently abandoned. I suspect that the things that dissatisfied the dev in the first version came back to dissatisfy the dev in the second version.

It's a pity, because I thought that the revised version was a huge step forward and that this was going to turn into one of the great ones.

Reactions: AnyName'llDo

Jjh

Sep 24, 2017
Maybe there is one of the author's subscribers (on SubscribeStar) here? There you can write him a personal message, I would really like to try to get a message from him (unfortunately, for some reason, I can't pay for a subscription there)

(Sorry for my knowledge of the language)
sent a msg months ago no reply. discord is also silent

Mar 30, 2019

Does anyone have any more info on this test version and when and where it was released? Or maybe even the files? I didn't know at all that there was anything prior to the initial release of SoH in 2022 and I'd be very interested in trying the test version out.

SarahGheist

Nov 20, 2022
Does anyone have any more info on this test version and when and where it was released? Or maybe even the files? I didn't know at all that there was anything prior to the initial release of SoH in 2022 and I'd be very interested in trying the test version out.
Doubt it. #AlpineBuscuits released the test run to see what people thought about some of the stuff he had in it. This was around the time a lot of other games were being neutered of their in-game content as well. Likely had something to do with game company/ crowd funding sites changing their policies due to govt pressure, such as what happened with itch.io recently, etc. You could ask him. But I don't remember his active personal site address (it was a weird one, more of a blog, and he really only ever discussed things there, not here).

Mar 30, 2019
Doubt it. #AlpineBuscuits released the test run to see what people thought about some of the stuff he had in it. This was around the time a lot of other games were being neutered of their in-game content as well. Likely had something to do with game company/ crowd funding sites changing their policies due to govt pressure, such as what happened with itch.io recently, etc. You could ask him. But I don't remember his active personal site address (it was a weird one, more of a blog, and he really only ever discussed things there, not here).
Okay, a shame, but thanks for answering :)

Rorikon215

Dec 18, 2021
More like six months, but yes, still worrying.

I really liked this, so I hope AB is just being even quieter than usual.

zandervon

Apr 1, 2021
Dev hasn't posted anything since february here, or on the subscribestar page, and nothing on the discord either.

tsukui

Dec 26, 2017
Damn, was really a good game and I liked really much the models and where the story was going, a great lost for sure (but I still hope he'll come back)

Reactions: severed_arm
3.70 star(s) 16 Votes