surfpup

Jun 23, 2021
4) There is no way to hide the dialog window. This means if we want to see the renders behind the window, we're SOL.
Agree with you! You can hide the dialog, though, by holding down Shift.

Silly mistakes this update. The girls say they gave Nova an invisibility potion. Nope, it was a love potion.
Quinn orders 3 ales, even though it's a party of 4. Fortunately, the render shows 4 ales, so it's only the text that's off.
Lots of misspelled or just wrong words. Maybe that's part of the quirky fun?
Sad there was no time with the big, pointed-ear groundskeeper (?) or whatever he was. Forgot his name.
Arthur is hot as can be. Hope we can see him with someone else besides Nova.
There is a lot here that I am not into at all, but it's kind of fun and funny. Just needs more hot DILF action.

Reactions: humanstickobserver

Evan Treborn

Oct 5, 2017
i don't like to play a female and i don't like to play unity but this looks to good to ignore and Hermione looks to sweet in this. i must give it a try.

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
It's not the engine - Unity can support multiple saves. This is purely a Dev decision - limited saves to 1 slot, and only at checkpoints. So not only can you only have 1 save, you can't save at the point your at... it will save at dev determined checkpoints.
------------------

For those who want multiple saves - you can, but you can only do this manually.

To do this, you need to manually copy and backup the save file at a save point you want. Then when/if you want to see the scene again... you have to backup your current save and restore the save before the scene you want, then repeat that to go back to where were you.

Games save files located:

C:\Users\*UserName*\AppData\LocalLow\AlpineBiscuits\Secrets of Hokwiton\FungusSaves\

Name of save file: save_data.json

So whenever you want to save at a point, go to that file, copy the file and rename the copied file. Then whenever you want to re-do that scene, copy the current save file, rename the old save as save_data.json and you should then be able to load that save and re-do the scene your after. Then just rename the file back to something else, and rename what was the current save back to save_data.json and you should be able to continue where you were.

No guarantee this will work. In theory it should work. Also no guarantee the dev won't do something to try and stop this from working, if thats possible to do.... seeing as the Dev seems to really want ppl to grind away at the game and replay the whole game everytime they want to see a scene.
I know. When it reached the tent, I made a backup of my save.

Another choice is to extract the images.

Awful decision not implementing save slots.

Reactions: Shadowen

Pjalle

Dec 27, 2018
Just checked it. I implemented a quick fix the last time so old saves could jump to the bath scene. Turns out I also unintentionally created a loop if you are not romancing Melody. A fix is coming in the new version, which should come soon. Thx for the bug report.
Also thx Solomon Grundy for your feedback, the typo will be fixed as well ;D
In the new utdate, after Nova find the statue and harmony and melody Wakes up.
I can only click on the Great hall, but it takes me back to the intro scene instead, so i can't get to chapter 4 content. (Android)

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I must admit that, while I didn;t like how this started, it has become an excellent game. Kudos to the dev. I hope it gets lots of support and lots of updates.

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
so i just rage quit this shit. this seriously need some engine overhaul. we need more save options, a skip button, grafik and sound options.
i quit because i have no interrest to go through the whole game again because one stat is to low. and why give us the option to
decline something when later on you get forced to do it anyway just because your stats are to low? thats a shit concept.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The game is eminently playable - I just yesterday finished a complete run-through without a problem. Yes, there are frustrating elements (like not being able to save properly and lack of rollback) but if that makes the game "umplayable" to you, you are going to be very disappointed with F95 games in general.

Bindair

Jul 17, 2017
Pretty girls and fun situations so far. I will watch its developement with great interest.

Massive turnoffs: You can only have 1 save, there is no way to rewatch scenes, there is no fast skip function. There was a scene I missed out on because I didn't have high enough Charms, but I simply refuse to click through 80% of the game a second time just to see it. I had to click through a big chunck a second time already due to dying to a Boss.

Last edited:

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Fast dialogue is available through the escape key. Makes replaying a BIT less painful.

I missed the decision that required 3 charm (since I had three charm, I think). What was it?

zandervon

Apr 1, 2021
The "jump back" function allows you to move backwards, from checkpoint to checkpoint, although it's not a seamless and precise rollback.

DarkP

Aug 26, 2017
This game looks so good, especially the girls but it's just not worth playing with the current save system. So much potential... Such a shame it's wasted!

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
So, what's the actual official name of this game?
My old folder from playing previously says "Secrets Of Hokwiton." This thread is titled "The Secret Of Hokwiton." The banner says "The Secrets Of Hokwiton."
Will the download file say "Hokwiton Secrets" or "Hokwiton's Secret?"

(Sorry...I'm drunk and bored. lol)

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
This game looks so good, especially the girls but it's just not worth playing with the current save system. So much potential... Such a shame it's wasted!
I don't understand this argument. Why is the game "not worth playing" because of the lack of a comprehensive save system? Less interesting than it would be if I could see the outcomes of the different choices? Yeah. Less enjoyable because I can't revisit hot scenes? You bet. But "not worth playing?" Not at all true, in my experience (based on the fact that I just played it and found that very worthwhile). I mean, I found Dune worth watching even though it didn't have a save system at all!

Reactions: Green Hills
3.70 star(s) 16 Votes