FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I don't understand this argument. Why is the game "not worth playing" because of the lack of a comprehensive save system? Less interesting than it would be if I could see the outcomes of the different choices? Yeah. Less enjoyable because I can't revisit hot scenes? You bet. But "not worth playing?" Not at all true, in my experience (based on the fact that I just played it and found that very worthwhile). I mean, I found Dune worth watching even though it didn't have a save system at all!
To be fair, movies don't need save systems because we can always pause, rewind and fastforward, and we aren't making the choices. It's basically a Kinetic VN, where you don't make choices...you just watch and be entertained. Can't use movies in comparison with games. Although, I do agree with the meaning of your comment, in that a poor save system doesn't always make a game worthless. You can use NES Mario Brothers and Ninja Turtles and other older games as an example, though. They didn't have save systems at all, and when you fucked up, you started back at the beginning. lol

Reactions: 9alwa

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
Look, at the end of the day I think we can all agree that the dev would be best served by not falling victim to the Sunk Cost Fallacy and just ditching what he's done so far and switching to Ren'Py.

There are numerous examples of games using that engine to create the gameplay loop that I think he's shooting for here, and doing it far better than this. Off the top of my head, Long Live the Princess, Lust Academy, and Being a DIK all say hi.

But whether he does that or not, I'll continue to watch this project with interest, and I really do hope it succeeds and improves.

Balbaar

Oct 14, 2017
While I wouldn't exactly agree that this game "isn't worth playing", I just started playing this 5 minutes ago and was immediately put off by the UI and lack of basic features. Let's be honest, there's a very good reason the vast majority of developers here use ren'py. Hell, this game doesn't even have a settings menu where I can turn down the insanely loud sound that plays whenever I save the game... Does it really have to be that loud compared to the background music.? A bit of balance never hurt anyone..

Again, this doesn't mean the game isn't worth playing, but seeing this lackluster Unity crap for the 100th time doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence.

And this...

You can use NES Mario Brothers and Ninja Turtles and other older games as an example
Isn't really a good example if we're being real. It's not the early 90s anymore, and there's really no good reason to not have a decent save system in place, even if you're using Unity.

That being said, I'll keep playing it because this game does seem promising despite all of that. But unless it's absolutely amazing I'll probably just end up dropping it once it starts annoying me too much, as I've done with plenty of other Unity games in the past.

Reactions: jakhmonument

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
While I wouldn't exactly agree that this game "isn't worth playing", I just started playing this 5 minutes ago and was immediately put off by the UI and lack of basic features. Let's be honest, there's a very good reason the vast majority of developers here use ren'py. Hell, this game doesn't even have a settings menu where I can turn down the insanely loud sound that plays whenever I save the game... Does it really have to be that loud compared to the background music.? A bit of balance never hurt anyone..

Again, this doesn't mean the game isn't worth playing, but seeing this lackluster Unity crap for the 100th time doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence.

And this...

Isn't really a good example if we're being real. It's not the early 90s anymore, and there's really no good reason to not have a decent save system in place, even if you're using Unity.

That being said, I'll keep playing it because this game does seem promising despite all of that. But unless it's absolutely amazing I'll probably just end up dropping it once it starts annoying me too much, as I've done with plenty of other Unity games in the past.
You're missing the point. It doesn't matter what year it is, or what technology we currently have. People were perfectly ok with having to start over every single fuck up, without having saving abilities, when saving wasn't a thing. This means humans are STILL capable of not getting butthurt by this system. We dO have saving technology in most games, but when it doesn't happen in a game, or it isn't to expectations, we whine and gripe about it. That doesn't mean it is an unacceptable thing to not have saves. It means people who cry about not having that option simply have been so accustomed to getting such benefits that they can't handle not having them. ANd we all wonder why boomers and Gen X talk so much shit about younger generations...cause of whining about not getting privileges that weren't available to older generations, while older generations seemed to be perfectly ok without.
Just because the technology is currently available doesn't mean it is completely unacceptable to not have it in current products. If people could function without it in previous years, there's no need to whine about not having it in recent years. It just makes people see you as a puss. Sorry...not sorry.

Balbaar

Oct 14, 2017
You're missing the point. It doesn't matter what year it is, or what technology we currently have. People were perfectly ok with having to start over every single fuck up, without having saving abilities, when saving wasn't a thing. This means humans are STILL capable of not getting butthurt by this system. We dO have saving technology in most games, but when it doesn't happen in a game, or it isn't to expectations, we whine and gripe about it. That doesn't mean it is an unacceptable thing to not have saves. It means people who cry about not having that option simply have been so accustomed to getting such benefits that they can't handle not having them. ANd we all wonder why boomers and Gen X talk so much shit about younger generations...cause of whining about not getting privileges that weren't available to older generations, while older generations seemed to be perfectly ok without.
Just because the technology is currently available doesn't mean it is completely unacceptable to not have it in current products. If people could function without it in previous years, there's no need to whine about not having it in recent years. It just makes people see you as a puss. Sorry...not sorry.
People also used to not have the luxury of plumbing and were just fine with shitting in a hole in their backyard. There's no good reason to still be doing that when we have perfectly functional bathrooms in our homes though. I never said it's unacceptable to not have a decent save system, but the game would be better if it did. You need to learn that criticism isn't always the same as whining.

I'm honestly not sure why you felt the need to start a rant about the younger generations.. I grew up with the NES, SNES, original gameboy and so forth, so I'm well aware of how things worked back then. Instead of just venting your frustrations when someone says something you don't agree with, maybe next time you could try actually addressing what's been said.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
People also used to not have the luxury of plumbing and were just fine with shitting in a hole in their backyard. There's no good reason to still be doing that when we have perfectly functional bathrooms in our homes though. I never said it's unacceptable to not have a decent save system, but the game would be better if it did. You need to learn that criticism isn't always the same as whining.

I'm honestly not sure why you felt the need to start a rant about the younger generations.. I grew up with the NES, SNES, original gameboy and so forth, so I'm well aware of how things worked back then. Instead of just venting your frustrations when someone says something you don't agree with, maybe next time you could try actually addressing what's been said.
"Why is the game "not worth playing" because of the lack of a comprehensive save system?"
....the exact phrase I was addressing in my original comment. It also wasn't anywhere close to a rant about younger generations. A small part of it mentioned generational differences, in an attempt to emphasize a point. It was a simple comment on my opinion of that particular comment, and the comment that comment was addressing.
I also am not frustrated at anything, and am not venting about such nonexistent things.
I also never said you in particular was whining. Read words for what they actually are, instead of assuming they mean something negative. Your interpretation of my comments was a failure. :)

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
"Why is the game "not worth playing" because of the lack of a comprehensive save system?"
....the exact phrase I was addressing in my original comment. It also wasn't anywhere close to a rant about younger generations. A small part of it mentioned generational differences, in an attempt to emphasize a point. It was a simple comment on my opinion of that particular comment, and the comment that comment was addressing.
I also am not frustrated at anything, and am not venting about such nonexistent things.
I also never said you in particular was whining. Read words for what they actually are, instead of assuming they mean something negative. Your interpretation of my comments was a failure. :)
If you reply to a given post, the poster can certainly assume that you are replying to their post. Claims that "I also never said you in particular was whining" fail when you are, in fact, addressing them in a reply to their post. Their interpretation of your comments was a failure because your comments were misleading.

If you want to make general observations, don't cast them as replies, but as stand-alone observations.

• Haha
Reactions: FookU2 and Balbaar

Balbaar

Oct 14, 2017
Right, well first of all that phrase has nothing to do with my reply to your comment. All I said was that I think your example of older video game systems wasn't a very good example.
You say it wasn't a rant, but it sure reads like one.. Your entire comment is literally about people whining over missing features we didn't have/need in the past either. Seems to me like a bit more than just "a small part to emphasize a point".

By the way, if you don't want someone to "assume you mean something negative", you probably shouldn't end your comment with "Sorry...not sorry".

I think Joe Steel has the rest covered, there's no need for me to add anything to it.

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
Any info what type game it is? I searched by Female protagonist tag and found this as my downloading speed is slow. I seek more info. Is this game about "female protagonist gets f*ed by everything " or there is choice to avoid beastiality and molestation scenes.

Reactions: battali0n

Bioxxx

Oct 31, 2022
Any info what type game it is? I searched by Female protagonist tag and found this as my downloading speed is slow. I seek more info. Is this game about "female protagonist gets f*ed by everything " or there is choice to avoid beastiality and molestation scenes.
just tried it it, most of it is unskippable though there are times where it is. honestly game wasnt my cup of tea sadly

Reactions: battali0n

jakhmonument

Apr 9, 2017
It's just a ren'py VN with fewer choices and extra steps because it takes forever to load between screens.
All it has going for it is the renders

Dec 9, 2018
Quite nice game here as far as I have played it. Liking how the elements taken from the original are used here.
Needs more save slots to not have to skip all up to certain points in the story though

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
There is hardly any sex in the game, I myself just found a few lesbian scenes, but there is nudity in it.

The game foxusses more on the story and the game aspects than on the erotics, although I myself consider this one of few truly erotic games, as opposed to those fantasy-lacking japanese fuckfest games. It has the feel of a ren'py sandbox game.

3.70 star(s) 16 Votes