eusimaeu

May 1, 2019
I don't understand the need for the point and click. You don't have any real options. Whenever you have to click something, that something is the only choice and the only clickable item/object/person etc. Why do that?

Reactions: jakhmonument

Gibbsin

Dec 22, 2018
This looks like it might be amazing. I don't know how I've not noticed it until now. How much content is there right now? Worth picking up, or waiting for more updates?

Jan 28, 2019
I'm far too early in the game to leave a review, so instead some feedback that hopefully the dev will consider:

1) I know it's been said before, but the lack of rollback always hurts a game. It isn't just about re-reading something, which you can chack history for, or about choices. It is also about seeing a render we may have clicked past too fast.

2) the save system. Unless I'm missing something, there is a single save slot, and that is it. I genuinely can not imagine a single reason why we can not make multiple saves.

3) no way to rename MC. When I play a game with an FMC, I am usually content to stick to the default name, so this doesn't actually bother me. However, a lot of people like to name their MCs, and just as guys who play games might want to personalize their mail MCs, the women here who play these games might wish to personalize the rare FMCs in games.

4) There is no way to hide the dialog window. This means if we want to see the renders behind the window, we're SOL.

Other than that, I've enjoyed the game thus far, and the renders. We'll see how things develop as I continue playing, but I can see this becoming a very worthwhile game. However, dev, I'm forced to have to come out and say this: from what I've seen so far, it is a mistake to make this in unity and not ren'py. I haven't seen the game do anything that unity could do, that ren'py could not, and issues 1, 2, and 4 would all be handled already if the game was made in ren'py.

Oh, one last point?
It's always a good thing to give players a way to avoid scenes. Not just have them play out off screen, but actually not happen, unless their vital to the plot. Not only was the first scene not avoidable, but it involved content that I don't see tagged. It may have been a quick, and largely eventless scenes, but beastiality is niche enough that many players would probably have wished to avoid it, and we weren't warned in tags it would be present.

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
Just want to tell the developer that I've played this all the way to the second night (meeting with the warg) on my Mac, and everything is running just smoothly, no bugs, no lag

Might not qualify as a full test-drive, but you could probably safely remove the «untested» mention on the OP

Davnier

Oct 18, 2019
Have anyone found the cave? Without the skill we have a nice scene but i will now what i do with enough Charm points xD

mikey36

Jan 10, 2021
View attachment 1956448

Overview:
In The Secret of Hokwiton, you accompany our main character named Harmony on her adventure, attending her first year in the magical school, Hokwiton. As if diving into a new world full of magic wasn't enough, many secrets are waiting to be discovered. On your adventure, you will meet many interesting characters and magical creatures and make new friends along the way.​

Thread Updated: 2023-02-25
Release Date: 2022-07-24
Developer: AlpineBiscuits
Censored: No
Version: 0.4.0
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD
Linux
(untested): - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD
Android
(untested): - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD
Mac (untested): - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

View attachment 1598343 View attachment 1954899 View attachment 1954907 View attachment 1954912 View attachment 1954911 View attachment 1598347 View attachment 1598352 View attachment 1954904 View attachment 1598344 View attachment 1598353 View attachment 1954910 View attachment 1954906 View attachment 1954900 View attachment 1954909 View attachment 1598354 View attachment 1954903 View attachment 1598349 View attachment 1598351 View attachment 1954901 View attachment 1598355 View attachment 1954902 View attachment 1954905 View attachment 1954908 View attachment 1954913 View attachment 1598348 View attachment 1954914
This download is infected with malware and should be removed immediately!!!!

Reactions: dramin99

AlpineBiscuits

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2022
new update but im still stuck here, any solution? View attachment 2418217
This Message can be displayed at several points in the story, so can you pls tell me the scene that came before to make bug tracking easier for me?

After the library, there is not any single button, and this is at the very beginning...

There should be a clock symbol in the left upper corner that lets you wait until night, which seems to be cut off. Try resizing the window to an aspect ratio of 16:9 that's what the UI layout is originally designed for.

I'm getting malware detected on this one.
Does anyone else gets it?
This lib gets generated by default during building the project with unity. As far as I read up on it: it is to optimise the usage of jobs (for multi-core usage). To be honest I don't know if it has any effect on the performance of the game or if any of the frameworks I use are using it. I can try to make a build without it if it's a concern, but I would dismiss it as a false positive.

Last edited:

Kenthucky18

Jan 12, 2021
This Message can be displayed at several points in the story, so can you pls tell me the scene that came before to make bug tracking easier for me?

There should be a clock symbol in the left upper corner that lets you wait until night, which seems to be cut off. Try resizing the window to an aspect ratio of 16:9 that's what the UI layout is originally designed for.

This lib gets generated by default during building the project with unity. As far as I read up on it: it is to optimise the usage of jobs (for multi-core usage). To be honest I don't know if it has any effect on the performance of the game or if any of the frameworks I use are using it. I can try to make a build without it if it's a concern, but I would dismiss it as a false positive.
i dont remember so well becose i play when de 3.0 comes out i think it was a scene of the two protagonist in a bath tub

manXone

Oct 22, 2019

I really hope to see footjob scenes in this game and even more some sexfight (quick time events where if you do wrong you take pleasure damages and if goes zero orgasm and lose) is it possible to see them in future?

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
the fact that you can't save the game in separate slots for when you want to revisit a scene is annoying, I don't understand why the dev didn't include this option in the game so far, engine limitation? it makes no sense.
It's not the engine - Unity can support multiple saves. This is purely a Dev decision - limited saves to 1 slot, and only at checkpoints. So not only can you only have 1 save, you can't save at the point your at... it will save at dev determined checkpoints.
------------------

For those who want multiple saves - you can, but you can only do this manually.

To do this, you need to manually copy and backup the save file at a save point you want. Then when/if you want to see the scene again... you have to backup your current save and restore the save before the scene you want, then repeat that to go back to where were you.

Games save files located:

C:\Users\*UserName*\AppData\LocalLow\AlpineBiscuits\Secrets of Hokwiton\FungusSaves\

Name of save file: save_data.json

So whenever you want to save at a point, go to that file, copy the file and rename the copied file. Then whenever you want to re-do that scene, copy the current save file, rename the old save as save_data.json and you should then be able to load that save and re-do the scene your after. Then just rename the file back to something else, and rename what was the current save back to save_data.json and you should be able to continue where you were.

No guarantee this will work. In theory it should work. Also no guarantee the dev won't do something to try and stop this from working, if thats possible to do.... seeing as the Dev seems to really want ppl to grind away at the game and replay the whole game everytime they want to see a scene.

Reactions: PepeNino

ding000

Dec 6, 2016
Hey dev, could you have an alternative to subscribe star, maybe a buy me a coffee link, would like to show support but can't trough subscribe star.

Reactions: Canemistress
3.70 star(s) 16 Votes