3.00 star(s) 87 Votes

Spacetraveler

Jun 17, 2019
Good call. Unfortunately, Aortta is too indisciplined workwise. If my memory serves me right, the " abandonned tag " was used twice in the past....Then, BAM ! Dude appears out of nowhere and delivers, then goes back to his old habits. If he was more serious and disciplined, his game could become a hit and he could earn lots of pledgers/cash...I do think that this game isn't his priority and that he must already earn a lot of money in real life. I mean, he's got to eat, right ? If patreon was his only source of income, he would definitely act in a more professional manner.
If patreon would be his only source of income, he would act the same... (like icstor). They are just liars, and scammers, simple as that.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
If patreon would be his only source of income, he would act the same... (like icstor). They are just liars, and scammers, simple as that.
Not sure about that, mate. We don't know a single thing about his private life. His age, situation, marital status, does he live alone, etc... ? So, it's kinda hard, in my humble opinion, to be categorical on this point. And trust me, I'm not an Aortta Defender - just being objective, because I worked with Plump City'/Curvy courgar street's Dev for two years and nobody here, except me, knew about the hell he was going through in his personal life. In the end, he gave up everything and his old partner took up the licence after a burnout. Few people knows about this, but the actual Dev of this franchise isn't the original one, who left the boat.

codex35

Jan 10, 2019
Not sure about that, mate. We don't know a single thing about his private life. His age, situation, marital status, does he live alone, etc... ? So, it's kinda hard, in my humble opinion, to be categorical on this point. And trust me, I'm not an Aortta Defender - just being objective, because I worked with Plump City'/Curvy courgar street's Dev for two years and nobody here, except me, knew about the hell he was going through in his personal life. In the end, he gave up everything and his old partner took up the licence after a burnout. Few people knows about this, but the actual Dev of this franchise isn't the original one, who left the boat.
but main problem he is lying every damn time

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
"the release date is august 7, tHaNk YoU fOr StAyInG wItH mE (suckaz)"

august 10th. still nothing lmao and the worst is than NO ONE is surprised by this.

sirbajo

Donor
Aug 19, 2016
"Hello,
Sorry for delay, Aorrta is very busy in real life with work.
Aorrta is not YET able to do this game as his full time job.
The problem that we have, that is slowing the development, is English proofing. (As far as I know, all renders are done). We want everything to be perfect for you :).
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them in chat.
Thank you for supporting us.
Love you all."

Discord post from one of his assistants. From my guess I don't think English is a first language for Aorrta and he needs a proofer to help, causing this particular slow down.
As i due understand that he gives a reason for his delay again but the fact that he says on the First of august 7th and still can't deliver because of translation.

His reputation was already not that great due to the fact going away for a while and not saying stuff for a long time.

Remaking the game , having a few updates and then going back to his old self.

I think for the greater good he needs to get help from someone here ( i know other creators get help here :p )

I would advise him to get his stuff together & get this update that should have been ready last month out as soon as possible!

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I think the problem here (aside from inpatient public) is that shit does happen. Things crop up etc....but he does appear to be leading people on. Doing this stuff requires a huge committment (one reason I haven't started one myself), if you can't commit to it, then tell people and either hope they understand, or give it up completely.

Reactions: BatmanNinja

Spacetraveler

Jun 17, 2019
You have a point, but for me this is not excuse. It's his job to deliver his work for which the costumers are paid. He should have be more responsibilities. He promised this update in mid June (i think), and then on 7th august. We all know the history of this developer/team. I can't believe in this type of guys lame excuses. Even if its a "new team" it looks like nothing changed in their morality.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
You have a point, but for me this is not excuse. It's his job to deliver his work for which the costumers are paid. He should have be more responsibilities. He promised this update in mid June (i think), and then on 7th august. We all know the history of this developer/team. I can't believe in this type of guys lame excuses. Even if its a "new team" it looks like nothing changed in their morality.
Is this game 'paid for' anywhere? Such as Steam? If not, then in reality, if it's only 'donations' then the reality is he doesn't owe anybody anything. Don't be making the mistake thinking that 'donating money' entitles you to anything, because it doesn't. I had a post removed by the mods for stating this (maybe I worded it incorrectly as there is far worse been allowed to stay) so I shall word it differently this time...if it's donations only...if people are happy to keep giving him their money despite his history...well...you know what they say about a fool and his money.

Last edited:

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
You're right too, mate. Aortta is Aortta... There's nothing much we can do about it. His behavior didn't change since 2017 and it's really a shame. All of this talent wasted because of his lack of discipline is really frustrating... Still, I learned to stop believing his words and not expecting anything. It's always a surprise when an update comes out ===> That's my way of thinking now. Being disappointed too many times.

Spacetraveler

Jun 17, 2019
Is this game 'paid for' anywhere? Such as Steam? If not, then in reality, if it's only 'donations' then the reality is he doesn't owe anybody anything. Don't be making the mistake thinking that 'donating money' entitles you to anything, because it doesn't. I had a post removed by the mods for stating this (maybe I worded it incorrectly as there is far worse been allowed to stay) so I shall word it differently this time...if it's donations only...if people are happy to keep giving him their money despite his history...well...
He definitely owe his patrons, he get money because the people wants to see his work/content. "In my book" if you get paid for something, even if it's just a hobby or secondary job, then that's your work and you have responsibilities. Or at least don't lie and scam your supporters.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Or at least don't lie and scam your supporters.
This I agree with (if that is indeed what he is doing). However, even if real life drama, just be honest and tell people. he always has the option of suspending patreon payments in the meantime (which other VN devs have done in the past). If he hasn't done this either (I don't know) then that perhaps says something.

Bashar

Feb 11, 2018
FROM Discord
Hello!
I got news! There are some very delicate problems in Aorrta's life right now. Like VERY VERY delicate and he needs to solve them before doing anything else. The game will be postponed until he manages to solve them. The problems from an outside person seem easy, but we dont know how deep they are as we didnt had time to chat that much (me and Aorrta). Again, Aorrta is facing some very very difficult times and we hope that you will understand! Any questions please ask in MY dm's. Thank you and sorry for the long delay! (good things always come last!) Thank you for sticking with us!

byskup

Apr 26, 2017
FROM Discord
Hello!
I got news! There are some very delicate problems in Aorrta's life right now. Like VERY VERY delicate and he needs to solve them before doing anything else. The game will be postponed until he manages to solve them. The problems from an outside person seem easy, but we dont know how deep they are as we didnt had time to chat that much (me and Aorrta). Again, Aorrta is facing some very very difficult times and we hope that you will understand! Any questions please ask in MY dm's. Thank you and sorry for the long delay! (good things always come last!) Thank you for sticking with us!
Very very difficult times to release update on schedule. We’ve noticed...

3.00 star(s) 87 Votes