VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Senior [v0.1.7] [Yc3k]

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
You might of clicked past it the first time you has them masturbate in the stall as not many want to see some dude whacking their shit so they tend to click faster to just get past it. I know I usually do.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Well, this visual novel/game isn't bad... I can see a lot of potential for growth... Not much erotic material for the moment, but I enjoyed the current content anyway... The plot concept is unique, going a slightly realistic seduction route... Not sure yet if it will actually have a love interest at all, as right now the protagonist is primarily doing what he's doing based on lust... Perhaps there will be an actual love interest (probably his best friend) in the future, who knows... In any case, it was a decent play through, and I look forward to seeing how this game progresses... I posted my review....

Forgeshield

Aug 5, 2016
For anyone starting who has console enabled and wants to avoid these:

In the console, enter "girl_kissed=0", and "haley_school_02_done=False" to not run into the first two errors. The second two are just sound files and you can click 'Ignore' when the error shows up.

--------------------------------------

4 Bugs I found in 0.1.3b.

While running game code:
File "game/haley_talk.rpy", line 938, in <module>
NameError: name 'haley_school_02_done' is not defined

------------------------

While running game code:
File "game/haley_seduce.rpy", line 1062, in <module>
NameError: name 'girl_kissed' is not defined

------------------------

While running game code:
File "game/toilet.rpy", line 49, in script
show toilet_school with dissolve
IOError: Couldn't find file 'music/everyday.ogg.'.

------------------------

While running game code:
File "game/claudia_talk.rpy", line 2684, in script
pause
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 385, in execute_pause
renpy.pause()
IOError: Couldn't find file 'sfx/kiss.wav.'.

*** Interestingly, this started working, or at least didn't throw an error, once I unpacked the rpa file.
*** I didn't test the 'music/everyday.ogg' error above to see if works unpacked as well.
------------------------

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
How the fuck would I know? I'd just told you in the previous message that I'd just started the download! I've got the file now but I'm beginning to wonder if I should have bothered in the first place.
Then don't play it. I asked you a simple question and I really don't understand why you have to be a dick about it?

Reactions: Centurion and Retro

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Well, this visual novel/game isn't bad... I can see a lot of potential for growth... Not much erotic material for the moment, but I enjoyed the current content anyway... The plot concept is unique, going a slightly realistic seduction route... Not sure yet if it will actually have a love interest at all, as right now the protagonist is primarily doing what he's doing based on lust... Perhaps there will be an actual love interest (probably his best friend) in the future, who knows... In any case, it was a decent play through, and I look forward to seeing how this game progresses... I posted my review....
Thank you for the review. I know the content is low at the moment but will add new content with new updates.

Reactions: Zippity

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
For anyone starting who has console enabled and wants to avoid these:

In the console, enter "girl_kissed=0", and "haley_school_02_done=False" to not run into the first two errors. The second two are just sound files and you can click 'Ignore' when the error shows up.

--------------------------------------

4 Bugs I found in 0.1.3b.

While running game code:
File "game/haley_talk.rpy", line 938, in <module>
NameError: name 'haley_school_02_done' is not defined

------------------------

While running game code:
File "game/haley_seduce.rpy", line 1062, in <module>
NameError: name 'girl_kissed' is not defined

------------------------

While running game code:
File "game/toilet.rpy", line 49, in script
show toilet_school with dissolve
IOError: Couldn't find file 'music/everyday.ogg.'.

------------------------

While running game code:
File "game/claudia_talk.rpy", line 2684, in script
pause
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 385, in execute_pause
renpy.pause()
IOError: Couldn't find file 'sfx/kiss.wav.'.

*** Interestingly, this started working, or at least didn't throw an error, once I unpacked the rpa file.
*** I didn't test the 'music/everyday.ogg' error above to see if works unpacked as well.
------------------------
The first one I missed. It's a variable for a chat that is not important for the story. Will fix it as soon as I get back.

The second one is a typo. It should be girls_kissed instead of girl_kissed. Sorry I missed it.

Regarding the sounds. This is an odd one. Could it be that something got broken while building the distribution? Also, could you tell me do you play the PC or the MAC version?

Reactions: Forgeshield

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
It looks quite nice, but after prolog, which is way, waaaaaay too long for my taste, you find out that "This feature is not available in this version" doors in house..
I will check back later versions
The game is still in it's very early stages of development. The content will be added with the updates.

nimsen

Dec 22, 2017
still errors all over the place. when trying kiss allison or hailie example and visiting closest neighbour after school..

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Thank you for the review. I know the content is low at the moment but will add new content with new updates.
Not worried, I got a couple hours of play out of the current content, which is a lot more then most initial versions of visual novels and games... Keep up the good work... I look forward to seeing how it develops...

Reactions: dbp5ca and Yc3k

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

Read what Gracie is saying in the screenshot I posted especially the wormer and wormer part.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Oh crap... How didn't I see it sooner? :D
Sometimes I find when going back over things I thought I did a decent proofreading on, and find new issues I didn't see before... It happens to everyone, so I wouldn't beat yourself up about it... Sometimes I find going back over something I wrote at a later date helps, because then you come into it a bit more fresh, and may find stuff you didn't realize was needing fixing...

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Could of probably missed it as you were more worried about the bugs.

But I did see other things that seemed wrong. Gracie states that Haley and Claudia's parents broke up Haley stated that their parents broke up a year or so ago later while Ben was thinking he states that the parents almost broke up.

So if they did/didn't break up then a few spots need to be fixed.

If they broke up then the spot where Haley states that her dad doesn't really like the MC much when he asks if he could come over doesn't really work since the dad wouldn't be there as they broke up and he would be living somewhere else.

If they didn't break up then Claudia's whole thing would have to be redone as there wouldn't be a reason for her to lash out at anyone as her dad and mom are still together.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Sometimes I find when going back over things I thought I did a decent proofreading on, and find new issues I didn't see before... It happens to everyone, so I wouldn't beat yourself up about it... Sometimes I find going back over something I wrote at a later date helps, because then you come into it a bit more fresh, and may find stuff you didn't realize was needing fixing...
I think that the main problem is that I'm not a native English speaker. I've read that sentence like a hundred times and never saw what I wrote. At least I got a good laugh.

I'll definetely have to reread all my dialogues one more time.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Could of probably missed it as you were more worried about the bugs.

But I did see other things that seemed wrong. Gracie states that Haley and Claudia's parents broke up Haley stated that their parents broke up a year or so ago later while Ben was thinking he states that the parents almost broke up.

So if they did/didn't break up then a few spots need to be fixed.

If they broke up then the spot where Haley states that her dad doesn't really like the MC much when he asks if he could come over doesn't really work since the dad wouldn't be there as they broke up and he would be living somewhere else.

If they didn't break up then Claudia's whole thing would have to be redone as there wouldn't be a reason for her to lash out at anyone as her dad and mom are still together.
Her folks didn't break up. Her dad cheated on her mom but they decided to work it out because of the Haley and Claudia. Claudia really resented her dad for doing what he did and she thought that her mom should leave him.

There is a conversation with Haley where she explains that to the MC. I will have to do another read of the whole thing to see od there are plot holes. Thanks for the heads up.

Forgeshield

Aug 5, 2016
The first one I missed. It's a variable for a chat that is not important for the story. Will fix it as soon as I get back.

The second one is a typo. It should be girls_kissed instead of girl_kissed. Sorry I missed it.

Regarding the sounds. This is an odd one. Could it be that something got broken while building the distribution? Also, could you tell me do you play the PC or the MAC version?
Note that girl_kissed is also used in gracie_seduce.rpy in addition to haley_seduce.rpy.

I'm playing on Windows 10.

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes