VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Senior [v0.1.7] [Yc3k]

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Thanks for the latest bugfix release, I appreciate the work you put in the game man even though it may be tough for you to do it all alone in your free time and work on a daily basis. Take some rest too man don't push yourself too hard.
I love working on this project, it's really kind of blow of steam kind of thing, so it's really not a problem. The problem is the lack of time. But, I'm determined to see this through and will pour every single spare minute I have into this.

Btw. appreciate the support and I truly hope you'll like the game.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Updated bugfix version to OP.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/marshall.rpy", line 346, in <module>
NameError: name 'claudia_house_invited' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "marshall.rpyc", line 346, in script
File "C:\...\...\The_Senior-0.1.3b-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1681, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "C:\...\...\The_Senior-0.1.3b-win\renpy\python.py", line 1794, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\...\...\The_Senior-0.1.3b-win\renpy\python.py", line 1788, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/marshall.rpy", line 346, in <module>
NameError: name 'claudia_house_invited' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
0.1.3b

While running game code:
File "game/haley_seduce.rpy", line 60, in <module>
NameError: name 'haley_seduce_03_done' is not defined

Full traceback:
File "haley_seduce.rpyc", line 45, in script
File "C:\...\...\The_Senior-0.1.3b-win\renpy\python.py", line 1788, in py_eval_bytecode
File "game/haley_seduce.rpy", line 60, in <module>
NameError: name 'haley_seduce_03_done' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
0.1.3b
How are you getting those errors? The variables are in the main script file and have been tested prior the release. Are you playing from a saved game of some sort or a new playthrough?

While running game code:
File "game/haley_talk.rpy", line 938, in <module>
NameError: name 'haley_school_02_done' is not defined

Full traceback:
File "haley_talk.rpyc", line 938, in script
File "game/haley_talk.rpy", line 938, in <module>
NameError: name 'haley_school_02_done' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
0.1.3b
Hm, I guessed I missed that one. :( It's a trigger for a smalltalk with Haley that is not important to the game story.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Yup. I can confirm that. Especially the affection and love level going up and then down again is still present. Sry for the dev but im done.
What are you talking about? Can you be more specific? I didn't realize there was a problem with rel/aff points going up and down besides Allisons rel points in certain situations.

stcx

Nov 12, 2017
How are you getting those errors? The variables are in the main script file and have been tested prior the release. Are you playing from a saved game of some sort or a new playthrough?

Hm, I guessed I missed that one. :( It's a trigger for a smalltalk with Haley that is not important to the game story.
Yes those errors are from a saved game of v1.3a, ran in v1.3b, I think i got one of them clicking on yvonne/claudia/haley's house, and two trying to seduce + kiss & talk to haley in the school hallway. Didn't think we were required to do a new playthough, but i guess we do?

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Yes those errors are from a saved game of v1.3a, ran in v1.3b, I think i got one of them clicking on yvonne/claudia/haley's house, and two trying to seduce + kiss & talk to haley in the school hallway. Didn't think we were required to do a new playthough, but i guess we do?
I thought that was the problem. You can use an old savegame on a new version as long as there are no changes to the main variables file. If there are (like in the case of v0.1.3a vs v0.1.3b), then you need to start a new playthrough. It took me a while to figure this out while testing the game and bashing the keyboard in frustration not knowing why do I get the same error even though I've fixed it. :D

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
In the next version I will include an in-game update system and will do a detailed explanation when can you use your old save game and when do you need to do a new playthrough.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Yes, it was the 1.3a from a fresh download, as I'd deleted it from my drive.

That was my main complaint earlier: "I've fixed it", "I've fixed it", "I've fixed it" and the same errors were still there. I've just started the download for 1.3b, but from the error reports already coming in at least one is still there.
Like mentioned in the post above, most of the "I got the same error even though you said you've fixed it" is probably due to the players updating the game then using the old save files. Using the old save files will load the old version of the game and the old errors. Please start a new playthrough and if the errors are still there then report them.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
"as I'd deleted it from my drive." There were no save files present to play from. This was from a completely fresh install.
So the errors are stil present in the 0.1.3b version despite a new playthrough?

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Played through the new version and didn't see the bugs I had seen in the past. As regards the bathroom
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Did an Unren to check and see what images I might have missed. Missed the one where Claudia shows you her tits instead of her bra behind the lockers and didn't get the pictures of her from when we are in her room (assuming studying?) that you can take with the camera. Other than that looks like most of the content fired on a new playthrough.

Had one reoccuring error where a picture of Hayley (?) flashes up when I switch screens. Seems to happen if I do the Seduce action then follow it with the Chat action. Last image in the chat action keeps reoccuring from that point on everytime I switch screens.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Played through the new version and didn't see the bugs I had seen in the past. As regards the bathroom
Did an Unren to check and see what images I might have missed. Missed the one where Claudia shows you her tits instead of her bra behind the lockers and didn't get the pictures of her from when we are in her room (assuming studying?) that you can take with the camera. Other than that looks like most of the content fired on a new playthrough.

Had one reoccuring error where a picture of Hayley (?) flashes up when I switch screens. Seems to happen if I do the Seduce action then follow it with the Chat action. Last image in the chat action keeps reoccuring from that point on everytime I switch screens.
Hey, glad to hear that those errors are gone.

Yeah, I've hidden the peephole behind the poster as a kind of a easter egg. Regarding the "miseed" images. You didn't miss anything. There are multiple paths you can take with Caludia. On some she shows you her tits, on some you get to take her picture... It all depends.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
It's probably an improper closure of an image. Will fix it im next update.

SicFran

May 7, 2017
It looks quite nice, but after prolog, which is way, waaaaaay too long for my taste, you find out that "This feature is not available in this version" doors in house..
I will check back later versions

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/haley_seduce.rpy", line 1062, in <module>
    $ girl_kissed += 1
NameError: name 'girl_kissed' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "game/haley_seduce.rpyc", line 1062, in script

renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)

exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/haley_seduce.rpy", line 1062, in <module>
    $ girl_kissed += 1
NameError: name 'girl_kissed' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
 0.1.3b
@

You'll notice the poster if you

Haley's picture popping up and appears and staying up in the background when doing the *You know,we always talk about you. You've never asked me anything. At the end her last pic will be stuck up whenever you change areas.

Reactions: dbp5ca
3.50 star(s) 13 Votes