VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Senior [v0.1.7] [Yc3k]

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
The Claudia vars are in script.rpy with the others, excluding the ones that are never initialized, of course. I took a shot at adding one var for her and two for Haley, but discovered that it meant I had to start a new game for the game to notice them. And then I ran into a missing var for Allison that I somehow hadn't run into the first playthrough.. and didn't want to fix that only to have to restart a 3rd time only to find another undeclared var later... so I stopped and will wait for the author to fix it.
The reference to the picture that was not taken should have been fixed in the 0.1.3a version, but I'll check that again. Regarding the romance... If you talk to Gracie during class you will lower teachers relationship points by 5. You can bring them up again if you just follow the class. Since there is no way to leave the school once you've entered the class there you shouldn't be able to break the relationship points for the teacher. Now, the reason this was set up this way is because later in the game you will be able to skip class which will have an effect on your rel with the teacher. But so far, it's how it is.
Will check this one out and see if it's working properly. Thank you for the info, btw.
Yes, I know of this glitch. Will fix it in the 0.1.3b update that will come out tomorrow.
Ah since you are here there is another glitch I jumped past the error message on claudia for the semi blackmail path and in the house it's missing the kiss.wav file.

It also pumps out an exception for the kiss variable not being properly declared. I've just been jumping past and ignoring errors but it's pretty immersion breaking.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I had both options available for Claudia and I saved right at those options.

One thing I saw that you have a quest to help Gracie with her violin but the mom isn't in the game yet so having that one in the game for Gracie seemed kind of pointless atm since the mother isn't even in the game yet to even be able to do it.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
The issue I have with the grandpa is the same one I have with the MC. Neither of them can hold a fucking conversation without spacing out. Just pay attention in 60 second blocks. What is so fucking difficult about that?

And if our MC could not be an asshole to everyone it would be nice. Though part of that is that he seems to have an insane case of ADHD.
Could you please elaborate your claim? I was trying to make the story and the conversations coherent as possible. I understand I'm not a published author, but still. Also, what do you mean he's an asshole to everyone? If that's the case I seriously didn't understand I made him that way...

And if the author could realize this is a game, not a novel during the intro, that would be nice. It's super chatty without adding much.
This game is called a "Visual Novel" and I've typed on the front of my Patreon page that the game is text heavy.

The bugs are annoying, especially since this version was supposed to fix things, but didn't even address the one the author was replying to when he said the update should fix bugs (that the teacher references events that haven't happened).
I know there are still a lot of bugs. I'm trying to fix them all before the next update.

Other than that, I'm enjoying it. The teacher seduction seems way too fast and should have more "come to my house to help with things" imo, but whatever. I'll take too fast over too slow (looking at you, QSP games).
It is planned to do so. Building up relationship points with the teacher will require you to do chores for her. But for now this will have to do.

Anyone know how to trigger the toilet scenes with the teacher or Claudia? I see the videos in the files, but can't figure out how to get them in game. Claudia's may be behind the blackmail path, which I didn't take.
You can trigger the toilet scene with the teacher after you've seduced her the second time. For Claudia, you can trigger that scene after you've talked to the teacher about Claudia's problems in school but before you confront Claudia about it.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I went in to take a look to try and fix missing variables and gave up. The variables are scattered to the winds (and many duplicated between files) and I can't even find the declarations for Claudia after looking through 4 different script files where they should have been. It's no wonder that he can't get the simple fixes correct as it's no longer simple the way the files are laid out.
All the variables are in the main script.rpy file and nowhere else. I try to label them properly as much as I can. The variables file is a leftover from a test I made during the dev and didn't delete it. All the image and char declarations are in the char file.

He's using a variables script file which, when used properly, would be where all variables should be declared but it only contains some of the variables for Gracie, Allison and a couple for granpa. BTW, @Yc3k, inserting the
$ allison_seduce_03_done = False
$ allison_seduce_04_done = False
in the variables script fixed the undefined problems for her.
Those variables are in the script.rpy file from the beginning and are typed and labeled properly. I seriously don't understand why are you getting this error. Did I do something wrong?

I'd originally gone in to try and change the font on my end, but it only made it worse as he's decided to match the text with the font - absolutely nothing has been capitalized... first words of sentences, names, personal pronouns (I, I'm, I'll) are all in lower case. It will take hours of manual editing in all the script files to straighten it out for another font, let alone do a proper spell check. An all-caps font was a poor choice for a text heavy game to begin with but using a different font right now makes it just as, if not more, difficult to read.
I was told that the all caps font was a bad choice and I intend to change it. Since I was using this font from the start I didn't bother with capitalization because it speed up my writing. It was an error on my half which I will have to fix later on.
This game looked to be promising, but with the script errors interrupting, and sometimes preventing, game play after the dev's repeated updates promising that they'd been fixed and the dev's decision to go from sharing pics to pimping (whether I choose that route or not) has me abandoning any hope for this game.
Seriously.... you do realize I'm doing this alone and in my spare time? This isn't a commercial project. I'm barely making any money from it. Some other dev would abandon such project long time ago but I'm determined to finish it. So dissing me or the game just because you don't like how fast I'm pushing out content or debugging the script is is really ridiculous. I appreciate you've taken notice in my project, but please cut me some slack. I'm really doing the best I can.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
The Claudia vars are in script.rpy with the others, excluding the ones that are never initialized, of course. I took a shot at adding one var for her and two for Haley, but discovered that it meant I had to start a new game for the game to notice them. And then I ran into a missing var for Allison that I somehow hadn't run into the first playthrough.. and didn't want to fix that only to have to restart a 3rd time only to find another undeclared var later... so I stopped and will wait for the author to fix it.
I've fixed a couple of missing vars in the 0.1.3a release. I will try to fix them all for the 0.1.3b release. Sorry for this and I appreciate the patience.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Ah since you are here there is another glitch I jumped past the error message on claudia for the semi blackmail path and in the house it's missing the kiss.wav file.

It also pumps out an exception for the kiss variable not being properly declared. I've just been jumping past and ignoring errors but it's pretty immersion breaking.
I've been told about the missing kiss.wav file and I will look into the problem. The frustrating thing is that during my playthrough of the game everything seems to be working fine. I create a build, publish it and BAM, a shitload of errors.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I had both options available for Claudia and I saved right at those options.

One thing I saw that you have a quest to help Gracie with her violin but the mom isn't in the game yet so having that one in the game for Gracie seemed kind of pointless atm since the mother isn't even in the game yet to even be able to do it.
I know, but the mother will be available in the next update and it was easier for me to write the quest for Gracie right away then to rewrite the dialogues for the 0.1.4 update.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
are there actually small/medium breasted girls in this game? or all just balloon boobs?
There will be, in all, 10 girls in the game. Maybe more later on. So far there are 4 small chested girls, 2 medium and 4 big chested girls. So I'm hoping there will be something for everyone.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Your first mistake was leaving any unused files or scripts in place. Renpy reads every file before it starts the game and will overwrite variables that are duplicated. If the files it reads later change working variables values, you receive errors, skipped or erratic play later in the game. Renpy will even read sub-directorys and whatever scripts they contain. (I found this out by accident by trying to hide backups in a sub-directory)
Yes, I understand that. The idea behind that file was to put all my variables in one place. After realizing that Renpy handled my variables much better if I put them in main script file, I simply moved them all there. Since Renpy never made any fuss about that file, just simply ignored it I must have forgotten about it.

For the record, I didn't diss you for not pushing out content. I was complaining, however, about how, after two update releases and a bug fix, the errors you'd said you'd fixed every time were still in place. If you can't debug your own code with (relatively) so little content, how will it be when you start incorporating the rest of the characters and play content?
It's not my ability to debug my code it's the chronic lack of time to do a proper testing that's been causing all this. I have been testing the game for hours now and have found several new bugs that were preset in the 0.1.3a version. Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will have all bugs from this version removed and will publish a stable version of the 0.1.3. After that I will finally be able to focus on the next update.
For the record, I do apologize if I came too strong. It was not my attention. Thanks for the info.

Skorpionss

Oct 18, 2016
@Yc3k Good to see you are fixing bugs and not waiting for the next major release :D I can't wait to have more Alison content though

Ironnitro

Jul 13, 2017
how do I move forward with Allison she 50 an 10 an I can't kiss her or get it to rise ???and the bathroom stuff.. Thanks

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

You might want to wait for the bug fix update coming out on Sunday as right now there are a lot of bugs in this that they are working on fixing. These bugs prevent things from happening and some crash tracebacks.

Reactions: Yc3k

stcx

Nov 12, 2017
I'm new to this game, seems promising so far, but ran into these error:
-edit, put them in a spoiler-
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Which means you've probably already caught these. If not...

Bad image: gracie_head\suspicus

claudia_talk.rpy
claudia_third_talk: missing jump hallway_morning at end of sub

script.rpy
missing claudia_seduce_05_done declaration
missing haley_seduce_03_done declaration
missing haley_seduce_04_done declaration

Code:
allison_seduce.rpy
allison_school_seduce:  Change lines 17-20 (to correct talking about picture before taken)

elif allison_relationship >= 56 and allison_affection >= 15 and allison_seduce_02_done == False:
                            jump allison_school_02
                        else:
                            jump allison_school_02_repeat

to:
                        elif allison_relationship >= 56 and allison_affection >= 15 and allison_seduce_02_done == True:
                            jump allison_school_02_repeat
                        else:
                            jump allison_school_02
Are you sure you have the latest version 0.1.3a? Because I'm pretty sure I've fixed those errors already.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
how do I move forward with Allison she 50 an 10 an I can't kiss her or get it to rise ???and the bathroom stuff.. Thanks
That's pretty strange... By that point in the game you should have Allison stats like this: Relationship 55, Affection 10. The game was setup so by that point in the game her stats look like this. Will look into it and fix it for today's update.

Also, please make sure you have the latest release 0.1.3a

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes