VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Senior [v0.1.7] [Yc3k]

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes

Cornfield

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
I eagerly awaited the update, but hit problems immediately after the grandson had compiled his list of "targets", so many exceptions it ground to a halt.
Hopefully a fix will appear soon.

kxjoh32

Jun 4, 2017
I'm liking this game and hope the errors get fixed soon ;)
On another note, i don't see the big problem with the Grandpa though i didn't appreciate his erikness and interrupt my perv/alone time with the eye candy teacher after mowing her lawn lol but i can understand how you used that to bring him into the story. It's kinda like Obi-Wan Kenobi teaching his Padawan how to use his pervchlorians, on the art of seducing these ladies and making them come over to the slutty side lol. But god forbid, if he shows up during one of my seduction times i swear i'l i'l um, not sure what i'l do but it won't be pretty lmao.

Reactions: bernthal

Forgeshield

Aug 5, 2016
The issue I have with the grandpa is the same one I have with the MC. Neither of them can hold a fucking conversation without spacing out. Just pay attention in 60 second blocks. What is so fucking difficult about that?

And if our MC could not be an asshole to everyone it would be nice. Though part of that is that he seems to have an insane case of ADHD.

And if the author could realize this is a game, not a novel during the intro, that would be nice. It's super chatty without adding much.

The bugs are annoying, especially since this version was supposed to fix things, but didn't even address the one the author was replying to when he said the update should fix bugs (that the teacher references events that haven't happened).

Other than that, I'm enjoying it. The teacher seduction seems way too fast and should have more "come to my house to help with things" imo, but whatever. I'll take too fast over too slow (looking at you, QSP games).

Anyone know how to trigger the toilet scenes with the teacher or Claudia? I see the videos in the files, but can't figure out how to get them in game. Claudia's may be behind the blackmail path, which I didn't take.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Now this is your classic douchebag of an MC calling everyone sluts.

The concept of the game is nice but the story telling is shit.

Not a game for me.

Forgeshield

Aug 5, 2016
Now this is your classic douchebag of an MC calling everyone sluts.
Especially in the intro. I don't find him as bad in the main game, though there are annoying bits like when your options are to lie and say your friends art is amazing (which she calls you on) or laugh at her. The fuck kind of stupid options are those? Where's the "this is your best friend, so try not to be a complete shit-stain towards her" option?

Reactions: a1fox3

Forgeshield

Aug 5, 2016
The Claudia vars are in script.rpy with the others, excluding the ones that are never initialized, of course. I took a shot at adding one var for her and two for Haley, but discovered that it meant I had to start a new game for the game to notice them. And then I ran into a missing var for Allison that I somehow hadn't run into the first playthrough.. and didn't want to fix that only to have to restart a 3rd time only to find another undeclared var later... so I stopped and will wait for the author to fix it.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

Did you try closing the game and then bringing the game back up and try the save and see if it worked? Many times when you alter something if the game is open then nothing will take effect but if you close the game then open it back up and select the save it'll take effect.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/claudia_talk.rpy", line 50, in <module>
NameError: name 'claudia_seduce_05_done' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "claudia_talk.rpyc", line 42, in script
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\The_Senior-013a-win\The_Senior-0.1.3a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1681, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\The_Senior-013a-win\The_Senior-0.1.3a-win\renpy\python.py", line 1794, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\The_Senior-013a-win\The_Senior-0.1.3a-win\renpy\python.py", line 1788, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
 0.1.3a
this when claudia affection 20
There are errors all over the place. However, it looks like he's been doing some solid raid when it comes to bugs though because version 2 was a much bigger mess.

If you look at the error message it's because he didn't put the command after the previous one you would need to use unren.bat unpack then decompile to fix.

Also the teacher stuff is all f'ed up. She references a picture before it's taken and if you speak to the student it breaks the romance altogether because he has it set to repeat (without increasing the relationship value) so the student drops the values while interrupting class but there is no way to raise them to get the scenes.

Maybe the studying fixes this. I dunno.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Tons of traceback errors still

"File "game/haley_seduce.rpy", line 57, in <module>
NameError: name 'haley_seduce_03_done' is not defined"
happens when you progress to being able to kiss haley

"File "game/claudia_talk.rpy", line 50, in <module>
NameError: name 'claudia_seduce_05_done' is not defined"
happens when you progress claudia's route.

Also for some reason if you progress Claudia to a certain point, if you talk to her at school she thanks you and you're instantly transported to her house. This triggers the previous traceback error if you've progressed her story far enough.
I'm working to fix this. Update will be out tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I have to agree that there are quite a few bugs. Some with Claudia some with Allison Claudia also didn't seem to let you take a picture if you went the help route but with the blackmail one you did. I also only seemed to of saw Gracie Allison Claudia and Haley as playable characters and didn't see anyone else that you could do anything with other then the 2 mothers coming to the door.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
There are errors all over the place. However, it looks like he's been doing some solid raid when it comes to bugs though because version 2 was a much bigger mess.

If you look at the error message it's because he didn't put the command after the previous one you would need to use unren.bat unpack then decompile to fix.

Also the teacher stuff is all f'ed up. She references a picture before it's taken and if you speak to the student it breaks the romance altogether because he has it set to repeat (without increasing the relationship value) so the student drops the values while interrupting class but there is no way to raise them to get the scenes.

Maybe the studying fixes this. I dunno.
The reference to the picture that was not taken should have been fixed in the 0.1.3a version, but I'll check that again. Regarding the romance... If you talk to Gracie during class you will lower teachers relationship points by 5. You can bring them up again if you just follow the class. Since there is no way to leave the school once you've entered the class there you shouldn't be able to break the relationship points for the teacher. Now, the reason this was set up this way is because later in the game you will be able to skip class which will have an effect on your rel with the teacher. But so far, it's how it is.
Will check this one out and see if it's working properly. Thank you for the info, btw.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I have to agree that there are quite a few bugs. Some with Claudia some with Allison Claudia also didn't seem to let you take a picture if you went the help route but with the blackmail one you did. I also only seemed to of saw Gracie Allison Claudia and Haley as playable characters and didn't see anyone else that you could do anything with other then the 2 mothers coming to the door.
There are still a lot of bugs and I'm fixing them. I will try to fix them all before continuing with the mother storyline and 0.1.4 update.

Claudia has several story paths. In some you take her picture, in some you see her naked tits. In one you help her in one you blackmail her. What route you take/get is dependent on who you talk to, did you catch Claudia in **** and what is your relationship with Haley (her sister) before you confronted Claudia.

Yes, so far there are only 4 playable chars. Gracie Spears, Allison Weber, Claudia Marshall and Haley Marshall. Next update will feature your mom.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "claudia_talk.rpyc", line 42, in script
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\The_Senior-013a-win\The_Senior-0.1.3a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1681, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\The_Senior-013a-win\The_Senior-0.1.3a-win\renpy\python.py", line 1794, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\The_Senior-013a-win\The_Senior-0.1.3a-win\renpy\python.py", line 1788, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
 0.1.3a
this when claudia affection 20
Yes, I know of this glitch. Will fix it in the 0.1.3b update that will come out tomorrow.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I'm liking this game and hope the errors get fixed soon ;)
On another note, i don't see the big problem with the Grandpa though i didn't appreciate his erikness and interrupt my perv/alone time with the eye candy teacher after mowing her lawn lol but i can understand how you used that to bring him into the story. It's kinda like Obi-Wan Kenobi teaching his Padawan how to use his pervchlorians, on the art of seducing these ladies and making them come over to the slutty side lol. But god forbid, if he shows up during one of my seduction times i swear i'l i'l um, not sure what i'l do but it won't be pretty lmao.
It will be entirely up to you...

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes